How would you recruit if you were the coach

U Know

Junior
(Besides winning and firing the coaches)

Would like to hear what tactics should be implemented to help our recruiting shortfalls.

*Would you allow sophomores to commit?
*Send out more offers? Etc...

Advertisement
Well since the coach can't fire Blake James. Fire Rumph, Banda, Enos, Barry...And prob fire Stubbs. I wouldn't be opposed to Patke or Stroud either, but honestly can live with em

Sale the whole sale changes like ****

3 more OL this january incl the absolute best LT prospect that will come here...Full out press until you get 1. Portal QB for more QB comp. Than I'd add pieces at any position on defense.

early commits is tough bc the kids want to commit and the staff knows they wont stick but have no choice but to accept them since everything is held against UM like a bitter ex. you cant not offer either bc they then ***** bout that. its a tough situation there. as far as the other stuff goes, be realistic with your targets based on your W/L.

Advertisement
image.gif

Focus a lot on the tri-county area and move outwards first. We seem to over focus on the big bag 4-5 star guys and not enough evaluation on the '3-star' guys. I'd focus more on even getting analysts/GAs to call these back up plan guys very early so we cast a wider net.

-We should not be reaching out to a guy like Delancey at the end.

-Guys like (see below) should not be neglected. Some sort of consistent contact should be maintained for:

-Poitier
-Delancey
-Darius Stokes
-Lloyd Willis
-Hyppolite
-Pough
-D. Brown
-Machado

-We should then focus on the rest of Florida with the usual areas, but have a set of back up plans at given positions that are regularly contacted (regardless of being first option or not)

-Finally we should pinpoint national guys who fill the biggest holes/biggest talent acquisition relative to what is available in Florida (either primary or back up plans)

-I don't know how important having more offers is or less offers is to a recruit/program culture, but all of the above sorts of makes that a moot issue.

We need to put a product on the field that wins against this sHT competition we play against and a staff together that can actually coach and develope players.

these kids nowadays aren’t stupid and losses to the likes of FIU,Duke and Ga Tech don’t go unnoticed by the kids,parents or these handlers.

Top kids ain’t going to ANY school,and I mean ANY school that puts the sHT type product we are putting out there right now.

We are in the top 15/20 now recruiting putting this sHT product on the field.Just imagine what we could do if we actually had coaches that knew what the fck they were doing so we DIDN'T lose to D-2 schools..

Advertisement
Win games that should be won is easiest solution. After that find top tier talent wanted and solid plan b & C for each of those players.

(Besides winning and firing the coaches)

Would like to hear what tactics should be implemented to help our recruiting shortfalls.

*Would you allow sophomores to commit?
*Send out more offers? Etc...
Recruiting isnt the issue. I would put more resources into coaches

Advertisement
I would recruit like I try to pull chicks at the club. Holla at the ones that are interested and are decent and knock those down. To get ones that are out of my league and super hot I pay for the service. Come on Miami this **** is elementary!!!!

Advertisement
Im not a fan of this private school BS. Im building the core of my team from the schools like MNW, Booker T, Carol City, Norland, apopka, edgewater, deerfield, Ely, raines, ribault, jones

My #1 priority:

Miami becomes known for the best (1a) OL and (1b) DL units year in and year out

(1c) Within NcAA rules, I would establish an OL/DL academy for middle and high school age kids to cultivate and develop local talent.

If I were in charge, BOT members with athletics responsibilities would lose their seats. The entire athletic department - from Blake to Stawley to the kid that runs the copy machine.... they would all be canned. Every last coach would be fired. I would make everyone come in on Christmas Day.... and I would fire everyone on that day with no severance. "Merry Christmas, ********."

The ONLY thing that can save Hurricanes football from the **** mess it's in is a complete *****.

How would I recruit?

February to September would be "South Florida season." I would focus all of my attention on South Florida kids,. We usually know about the ones who want to be here early on.

After October 1st, ANY SOUTH FLORIDA KID not committed to UM at that time gets their offer pulled. Period. No exceptions. Coaches will no longer recruit them or waste any time on them.

October to February would be all about NATIONAL recruiting. Coaches are going all around America to recruit the 4-5 stars at positions of need.

Oh, and my administration would play the bag game. And when I play, I play to win. I'm not dropping bags on local kids, because locals talk too much with the twittering and whatnot. But I'm dropping bags on local coaches and high school admins. I want them in my pocket.

And I am dropping bags all day long on players like Flowe and some OL from the midwest.

Anything less than 15 four/five stars per recruiting cycle would be considered a fail.

And we would have a much bigger scouting and recruiting department. I want to know about kids, especially local kids, before any other school.

And I want to know what the holes are in my own roster BEFORE the season begins. We should have known our OL was garbage, and we should have known Baxa was garbage, BEFORE the season started. And we should have fixed it.

Scholarships need to be pulled, and kids need to be held accountable for sucking. More talented recruits need to be brought in to fill the gaps.

Advertisement
Back