How will our QB situation fair next year?

HulkaCaniac

Cheeseburger football.
Well fellas, will Fisch be hard pressed to find a decent quarterback with next years crop of quarterbacks?

Advertisement
Quarterback is one of the most underrated positions on the roster. Steve Morris and Ryan Williams are legit talents for a pro-style offense. They have some NFL skills. Jacory was a spread guy at heart.

Fisch will get good play out of those two for the next three years, I really believe that. Other positions, particularly on the defense, worry me a lot more long term.

If a legitimate starter emerges during Spring ball, we'll be fine. But if we have one of these elongated QB competitions...I fear we'll not have a better than average QB situation next season.

I am not very optimistic. Williams and the freshman are unknowns, and the only thing we know about Morris is that he had a tendency to throw pics. I hope what D$ posted the other day from Greentree is true about people being impressed with Morris, but his production on the field is nothing to brag about so far.

Advertisement
im just looking forwarded to some bombs where our guy is a yard behind the defender and we have a QB who can get the ball there.

im just looking forwarded to some bombs where our guy is a yard behind the defender and we have a QB who can get the ball there.

Or an out route where the QB throws the ball before the WR comes out of the breaks not 3 secs. after.

It will be Morris and I don't think it will be close. Williams may give him a run for his money early, but at the Spring Game, it will be apparent Morris is the guy.

Advertisement
I've been a big Morris fan since the start of the season. Don't really know anything about Williams but I'm higher on Morris than most. The two biggest complaints people generally have about his game are that he doesn't go through his progressions and that he lacks touch on his passes. I agree with the former, but I think the latter is bull****. The throw he made to Benjamin against Duke was fantastic, and if you go back and watch the first half of the Maryland game you'll see some pretty impressive throws. Yes, he missed Lamar on that potentially huge wheel route pass later in the game, but even the best NFL QBs miss their targets badly sometimes, let alone a true sophomore. He can make plays with his legs, has a big arm, can make all the throws, and seems to have that confidence you need to be a good QB.

I think he's going to surprise some folks next year.

Dewey will start the day he steps foot on campus a la Matt Barkley. He is so much more talented than Morris or Williams that it ain`t funny

Dewey ain't doin chit but red shirting

Williams will redshirt....or transfer. I watched him at Memphis...he is just a bad QB and not very talented. Morris couldn`t even beat out Jacory....don`t think I need to elaborate on that any further. Dewey is the future of Miami football. Kick these other bums off the team.

Advertisement
Dewey ain't doin chit but red shirting

Williams will redshirt....or transfer. I watched him at Memphis...he is just a bad QB and not very talented. Morris couldn`t even beat out Jacory....don`t think I need to elaborate on that any further. Dewey is the future of Miami football. Kick these other bums off the team.

LOL. Posting without logic tonight, are we?

Advertisement
I've been a big Morris fan since the start of the season. Don't really know anything about Williams but I'm higher on Morris than most. The two biggest complaints people generally have about his game are that he doesn't go through his progressions and that he lacks touch on his passes. I agree with the former, but I think the latter is bull****. The throw he made to Benjamin against Duke was fantastic, and if you go back and watch the first half of the Maryland game you'll see some pretty impressive throws. Yes, he missed Lamar on that potentially huge wheel route pass later in the game, but even the best NFL QBs miss their targets badly sometimes, let alone a true sophomore. He can make plays with his legs, has a big arm, can make all the throws, and seems to have that confidence you need to be a good QB.

I think he's going to surprise some folks next year.

I feel somewhat the same with this. I have seen Morris rip some balls downfield that literally made my jaw drop - I think he has the potential to be very good. He had stretches in some games where he looked fantastic - remember the first half against VT last year before the wheels came off?

However, since we know what Morris is for the most part...if Williams beats him out then that only bodes well for this team IMO. We know that Morris is capable of leading this team. The other guys are totally unknown quantities at this point. I can't even find any film of Williams from his freshman year at Memphis to give him a quick look.

I think Larry said it yesterday sometime, that it is of the utmost importance that we have named a starter by the close of spring ball and don't have the competition stretch into the fall. That is of course unless Dewey or Crow come in and absolutely set the world on fire in fall camp.

No matter what - even as happy as I was for Jacory's re-invention this year - we all knew he was still Jacory and he was still limited. Next year we won't have to worry about that anymore.

I look forward to a wide open and spirited QB competition. May the best man win.

Man I don't know, I'm on the fence with Morris. There are times when he makes an absolutely fantastic throw and then plays where he'll telegraph his throw ala quick slants last year against Va Tech. If he can get the mental part down(reading defenses, making pre snap adjustments) then he'll be one he'll of a Qb. I'm just worried that's a big if.

Advertisement
Back