How will Feeley's program be modified for Spread/Tempo Offense (concurrent training dilemma)?

Advertisement
1581700070938.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
They did a lot of conditioning last year in workouts(35 110s at one point which is obviously a lot) so I’m not sure there will be that many adjustments but we will see.

Why are we assuming it will be modified? I'm not saying it shouldn't be, but has Manny given any indication that it will be?
Current discussions in strength training talk about the tradeoff in strength vs cardio mix in training. Too much cardio inhibits strength development. Likely the programs are varied by player position but wondering how that might change with tempo increase.

Current discussions in strength training talk about the tradeoff in strength vs cardio mix in training. Too much cardio inhibits strength development. Likely the programs are varied by player position but wondering how that might change with tempo increase.
Right. To be clear, I'm not saying there shouldn't be changes. To the contrary, I thought our team seemed gassed far too often in the 4th quarter last year. I'm just curious to know whether Manny has actually said that there would be changes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Strength training wouldn't need to be any different

Defense better be ready to be back on the field after 2 minute rests in case of 3 and outs

Tempo of the offense is quicker so the players should be prepared to have less rest between plays

Lashlee's Miami bio says SMU averaged 80.9 plays per game last season, 3rd nationally. Miami averaged 65. Average length of those plays is important as is understanding what the players are asked to do on each play. That all should factor in to how the off season is structured.

Advertisement
Back