How was the Scrimmage?

Advertisement
Augie was told to get ready to see more reps. So, Coach is obviously not impressed with at least one QB

Advertisement
Augie was told to get ready to see more reps. So, Coach is obviously not impressed with at least one QB

Was out there. My initial thoughts as I'm headed out:

1. Perry or Williams will be starting in Orlando.

2. Nigel Bethel and DJ Ivey were excellent evaluations by the staff. They will contribute.

3. KJ Osborne is a baller.

4. IF he can learn to hold onto the ball (did so today) Dee Wiggins can be a problem. Looks huge out there and is consistently open.

5. We still take too long to snap the ball.

Getting out of the huddle and snapping may be the biggest adjustment for the offense. Enos likes to shift and motion and it’s going to take players time to acclimate to the new system. These guys need to be meeting daily to work on this **** in the off-season.

Advertisement
Let’s try to remember that at this point a couple years ago Shirreffs was the best QB, and a couple years before that we had baby Olsen and another Williams as our best QB options. Martell May end up the next Heaps. But one bad performance is just one data point... who knows, maybe the freshman QB ends up winning the nod like Kaaya did? Doubtful. But a controlled scrimmage doesn’t tell us much.

This might be the big takeaway of the day if in fact Proctor can compete with Kosi and Perry.
Who the **** is Proctor?

I ask this question AFTER Googling him and understanding he's a RS Jr on our roster and, therefore, been around for 3 years with nary a mention.

Advertisement
Let’s try to remember that at this point a couple years ago Shirreffs was the best QB, and a couple years before that we had baby Olsen and another Williams as our best QB options. Martell May end up the next Heaps. But one bad performance is just one data point... who knows, maybe the freshman QB ends up winning the nod like Kaaya did? Doubtful. But a controlled scrimmage doesn’t tell us much.
I just dont think tate fits this offense. He would be better in a spread and used like auburn used marshall a few years back.

Advertisement
Not sure why people are saying it seems like Williams is the clear leader . Perry has the better scrimmage last scrimmage and got the most runs against the #1 D in the next scrimmage ? Take away Jarren TD to Payton that should’ve been picked and their stats are the same

Interesting how Jarren is the clear leader lol

Not sure why people are saying it seems like Williams is the clear leader . Perry has the better scrimmage last scrimmage and got the most runs against the #1 D in the next scrimmage ? Take away Jarren TD to Payton that should’ve been picked and their stats are the same

Interesting how Jarren is the clear leader lol

Board so bias fam. Last week, it was “Perry only looked good because it was against the backups”....now that Williams looked good against the backups, he’s QB1. Sometimes, you just gotta let them talk

Advertisement
Back