How to lose to Pitt staring Malik Rosier [Breakdown]

Miami is a much better team than Pitt and the world knows it!! BUT like I say every week "One Week at a Time", this was a situation where a team is more focus on the game ahead instead of being focus on the task at hand..

Rosier definitely struggled in this game, he played like a player that just know at some point the game would just change and Miami would find a way to pull it out.. I think for Rosier and the rest of the team, LOSING to Pitt made them come back down to reality and bring that chip back on their shoulder's!! I know ppl will be picking Clemson to just handle our Canes, SO hopefully that makes them play with that edge and fire to prove the CFB world wrong again..

Advertisement
Malik is not a world beater, We all knew this. He had the worst game of his short career. He is a smart kid (that's his best attribute) let's hope he learns from this.

He is capable of throwing dimes. That first TD in the ND game was one of the best throws I've ever seen. He has hit the deep ball this year more than once. Not sure if he was injured or unmotivated or both. But I'm going to trust the QB who got us this far.

The punter, that's another story. Clemson will murder us if we punt as many times as we did against Pitt.

Rosier isn't good, bottom line. UM has to continually work around the holes in his game. It's actually an amazing accomplishment they got to 10-0 with him at QB

All of this reminds me of a quote from the original coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, John McKay. The team lost the first 24 games in franchise history. During that stretch a reporter asked McKay “What do you think of your team’s execution coach?” To which McKay replied, “I’m in favor of it.”

Advertisement
Appreciate the great work Chosen, I disagree with you a lot on the LB's & Diaz, but I definitely respect your opinion overall.

This was spot on, that's why I don't understand why so many people on here were jumping out the window trying to deflect as much blame as possible from Rosier, he himself said he was just out there & not focused on the game at all.

Defense gave the O 2 turnovers with a short field on the 30yd line & on neither possessed did they come away with a TD.

It's unfair that people think the Defense has to carry the Offense in every single game, this is college Football not the NFL, we ain't the 2000 Ravens & putting up 21 points on Offense should be the bare minimum.

We have Richards, Berrios, Thomas, Harley, Harris, Langham, Cager, Herndon, Homer, Deejay & Irvin Jr, there's no excuse why we can't put up 3 scores at least on a weak Pitt Defense.

Special Teams didn't help us either & the Defense wasn't as dominant as they were vs Va Tech & Notre Dame, but that loss was mainly on Rosier & the OL.

The play to Berrios when we were up 7-3 changed the game. He makes a JV throw, not even a college throw, and we're at least their 25. We get at least a FG, but based on how we had moved the ball on the drive before that, we might have a TD. We're up 14 (or 10-3) and we probably win the game. That one play (or lack of one) ****ed me off more than any other play.

Voila! I had the same sentiments after that easy missed connection. Also, Miami going THREE and out on their first series at the start of the second-half came back to haunt them. ( A FG would have helped. ) And in a worse case scenario, Miami could have at least CHANGED field position with a couple of first downs. But then again, there's the punting situation and all that. Nevertheless it's all MOOT now. dUh.

If he has one of those cold games we arent beating Clemson and on top of that through most his games he has a two quarters of cold in him everygame........signs of a qb that isnt very good but we got away with it somehow.

Advertisement
Be calm Cane fandom. # 12 is temporary going to be the ' second coming ' of Dorsey come Saturday night. hUh.

Advertisement
Back