How to attract an elite coach???

Advertisement
We don't need elite. Just competent. Sorry...venomously ****ed off right now after watching Chick kick *** at the Shrine and say...If I would have only played in a 4-3 scheme. Paraphrasing.

This my friends is the post of the decade. This is EXACTLY right. We don't need Saban or Urban down here to win a national championship....just someone with a clue. We haven't had that since Butch left.

Doesn't matter what we offer ... An elite head coach is not leaving their current situation to come to Miami.

Times are different from the days of Howard and Jimmy.

We're either getting a coordinator from an elite program, or an "up and comer" from a mid-major.

LMFAO coaches go to programs that A) pay B) are easy to win at.

If u offered a great coach money he deserves, he'd come here. In other words, you are ******* retarded.

I agree with 513. Up to now, Shalala/BOT etc. have not shown that they are really committed to football, so it will be tough to get an elite coach. And frankly, many of our fans suck. The actions are childish and immature, and why would an elite coach, or even an established one, put up with your actions?

And one last thing....stop with the slurper bull****. Most fans Golden want gone as much as you do, we just dont have the need to act like a 10 year old on social media. Its actually counter productive to getting changes made.

Doesn't matter what we offer ... An elite head coach is not leaving their current situation to come to Miami.

Times are different from the days of Howard and Jimmy.

We're either getting a coordinator from an elite program, or an "up and comer" from a mid-major.
Neither Jimmy nor Howard were elite HCs when UM hired them. But carry on.

It's not a different day winning football games ... But it's a different day, in terms of hiring coaches. How many established college coaches are moving?

I don't think the program is dead. I agree, the right coach can get us back on track fairly quickly.

I just think finding the right coach is more likely to mean hiring an "up and comer" who becomes elite, than hiring someone already regarded as elite.

If offered a competitive salary, I'm sure plenty of established coaches would take the Miami job. I'm not saying that Saban or Meyer would take the Miami job if offered because those schools are on the same level as Miami.

But is it easier to win at Miami or Michigan State? Miami or Mississippi State? It is easier to win at Miami than almost every other school in America. If Miami were to offer a competitive salary, I'm sure a great deal of established coaches (if they were smart) would jump at the chance to coach at Miami. Problem is that Miami has not been willing to offer higher salaries to date so it is difficult to prove this point one way or the other.

This dude gets it, and not in an Al Golden way.

Advertisement
Schnellenberger had a helluva resume when the Canes hired him. But Jimmy Johnson's is one that many were unaware of when he was hired. Johnson coached under Johnny Majors for 2 years, Chuck Fairbanks for 3, Frank Broyles for 4 and Jackie Sherrill for 2 before becoming a head coach at Oky ST. That 83 team of his was quite good, but lost some really close games to quality teams including a 14-10 loss to Nebraska.

Point is that while he was not a top HC, the guy had a lot of impressive experience under top HCs. He was, IMO, almost the perfect up and comer at the time.

How you say?

step one- fire the lame head coach you have now...

step two- doesn't matter

How you say?

step one- fire the lame head coach you have now...

step two- doesn't matter

Sure it does. That approach got us Shannon, then Golden. It would be nice to have an actual plan - I mean a realistic plan to end up with an upgrade, not another dud.

Advertisement
I hope everyone remembers it wasnt solely money that brought us to Shannon/Golden. It was also leaving the decision making up to morons.

They could have landed Mullen and Sumlin but they passed.

Advertisement
Back