How the F is a conference game not a conference game? UNC WF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s not a conference game. Reason is because of the divisions these two long term state rivals don’t face each other as often (like we don’t face Clemson)so they choose to schedule each other periodically as out of conference opponents like we did with Michigan state in a few years where the conference schedule doesn’t have them facing off.

this isn’t the first time with them.
it’s not that complicated…

UNC and Wake used to play every year and with the 8 game schedule they don’t play very often anymore so they scheduled a home and home “non conference” series.

Kind of like how Miami used to play BC and Syracuse every year. I wouldn’t mind playing them instead of Central Conn St.

If these mongoloids can't schedule properly they should be fined, given a bye week and assigned a conference loss. This nonsense corrupts the entire concept of conference play and conference championships.
It wasnt scheduled by the acc. Not that difficult to understand, schools can do whatever they want with the other 4 games. Everyone having 8 conference games seems less corrupt than having some with 9 and others with 8

Advertisement
It wasnt scheduled by the acc. Not that difficult to understand, schools can do whatever they want with the other 4 games. Everyone having 8 conference games seems less corrupt than having some with 9 and others with 8
Imagine wanting to schedule one of these chuckleheads we're forced to play every year.

I understand it. I'm just wholeheartedly opposed to it. Baring weird unforeseen circumstances, I don't remember seeing this happen in other conferences.

Advertisement
I understand it. I'm just wholeheartedly opposed to it. Baring weird unforeseen circumstances, I don't remember seeing this happen in other conferences.
Most conferences don't have the other opponent 15 miles down the road. It makes sense for long history of playing every year before the conf expanded. I prefer this over a game with Furman.

Most conferences don't have the other opponent 15 miles down the road. It makes sense for long history of playing every year before the conf expanded. I prefer this over a game with Furman.
I see what you're saying but by this logic and with travel being made much less of a factor as the world modernizes then we theoretically should be able to schedule FSU as an OOC game (if they ever get good again). Get rid of the whole "rivalry game" concept as you've already corrupted conference standings the moment you make any exceptions/exclusions.

Advertisement
Back