How much support can Malek provide immediately?

Malek is more like 5'10 l90...I think he has more speed & quickness than any of our current DBs...IMO we play three cupcakes in a row along with run oriented GT before playing any possible threat to our secondary....Watch the AA game you will see hi speed & athlecism vs tall receivers...going up against Victor in practice prolly helped him reach that level ... looked strong inside against the run....I think he is very strong for his size....I think with proper coaching he could possibly impact the game like a Brandon Harris.....JMO

Advertisement
Maleek young a baller. He wasn't the best prospect due to measurables but he was the best "PLAYER" on coconut creek team.

That's not what people thought when they thought we were getting Byrd. The talk then was how this recruit was overrated. Regardless, its be nice if he could play like Kelly Jennings from the word go.

Source??

Advertisement
I think it might take two or three games, but we're still asking a lot of him in his first two months at the school. I just hope he gets it and doesn't look like a chicken with his head cut off on the field. That could definitely ruin a young player's confidence so I really hope rumph gets with him as much as he can just to work on the playbook.

Last edited:
If you don't think Malek is going to play this year, you're tripping. He will be better than Mayes and definitely Henley from the day he steps on campus. Plus, he's Coach Richt`s guy, which can't be understated. Unless we move Jaquan to corner full time or bring in a JC Jackson type talent, he will be our 4th or 5th corner from game 1.

He better be the Shaq of the Baq because we are pretty fcked at CB if Malek or one of the other Freshmans can't help right away.

I think it might take two or three games, but we're still asking a lot of him in his first two months at the school. I just hope he gets it and doesn't look like a chicken with his head cut off on the field. That could definitely ruin a young player's confidence so I really hope rumph gets with him as much as he can just to work on the playbook.

I agree... Hes definitely going to benefit from a former pro...this is the perfect system for aggressive kids with speed from sfla....it allows him to use his speed and natural instincts. So far it has worked out well for our EEs...

Advertisement
I like Corn and Redwine, Jackson has a lot of potential just needs more seasoning. If Mayes isn't going to develop, I'd consider moving Jaquan there but to do that, we need Colbert and Finley to be ready to contribute. IF they are, then a cb rotation of Corn, Redwine, Jackson, Johnson and Young would be solid, especially with our D line wreaking havoc. Personally, I wish we'd go after JC Jackson so we could leave Johnson at S(his more natural position IMO) Regardless, I think by time September rolls around, we won't be AS concerned about our cbs.

Maleek young a baller. He wasn't the best prospect due to measurables but he was the best "PLAYER" on coconut creek team.

That's not what people thought when they thought we were getting Byrd. The talk then was how this recruit was overrated. Regardless, its be nice if he could play like Kelly Jennings from the word go.

Source??

Go find some thread when Byrd commited. Follow that up with some of the all-star practice reports where he wasn't doing well.

It isn't my opinion, but there were claims of overrated, Byrd is better, etc. These very forums would be the source, which means nothing. No Byrd can't play, we'll count on Malek, etc. It is just funny how the board swings.

I agree... Hes definitely going to benefit from a former pro...this is the perfect system for aggressive kids with speed from sfla....it allows him to use his speed and natural instincts. So far it has worked out well for our EEs...
sorry for the neg, miss clicked

Advertisement
I don't remember people saying he was overrated or that he struggled at all star practice. How would he be overrated as a 3 star and I remember hearing that he had a good week of practice. Are you thinking about Mullen?

I don't remember people saying he was overrated or that he struggled at all star practice. How would he be overrated as a 3 star and I remember hearing that he had a good week of practice. Are you thinking about Mullen?
I don't remember that either, I specifically remember actually commenting since I lived 10 minutes away at the time and used to see them CC play all the time that he was their best player and Trayvon Mullen was only rated so high because of how much of an athlete he is and same was said about Victor. Everyone whoever watched CC play saw that as a football player that Malek Young was the best player by far on that team

I don't remember that either, I specifically remember actually commenting since I lived 10 minutes away at the time and used to see them CC play all the time that he was their best player and Trayvon Mullen was only rated so high because of how much of an athlete he is and same was said about Victor. Everyone whoever watched CC play saw that as a football player that Malek Young was the best player by far on that team

Yep, from everything I've seen/heard, Malek Young was by far the best player on that Coconut Creek team. Mullen might be a better NFL prospect due to his height, but Young is much more college ready.

Young is also much faster than Mullen

Advertisement
Malek Young is a great athlete, idk if he's polished at CB because he played a lot of offense in HS. But the kid is explosive.

I think our offense will average 30+ points a game. With the way our defensive line will play under coach Kool, I think our CB group will be good enough. I'm just worried about spread offenses like ND, UNC, VT. Those teams can neutralize the pass rush.

I don't remember that either. He must be thinking of Mullen who I can definitely see how people could say he's overrated.

Source??

Go find some thread when Byrd commited. Follow that up with some of the all-star practice reports where he wasn't doing well.

It isn't my opinion, but there were claims of overrated, Byrd is better, etc. These very forums would be the source, which means nothing. No Byrd can't play, we'll count on Malek, etc. It is just funny how the board swings.

Are you retarded? Malek was only a 3 star, genius. Trayvon Mullen is the Coconut kid you're talking about, very high 4 star kid. Jesus, if you're gonna make these smartass posts, at least take the time to be factually correct.

If anything, fans probably doubted Malek's abilities, not the fact that he's "overrated".

Advertisement
Back