WR-2
OL-1
RB-1
DT-1/2
DE-1
LB-1
DB-1
S-1

You think 9 more guys are going to commit to Miami?

Only if we have several decommits which I don't see happening. Of the guys we're recruiting now, not all of them will have written offers. I'm guessing the coaches are lining them up only to plan to hand out 5-6 written offers.

I think there will be 31 kids commit and 28/29 actually enroll. I am sure there will be some grade issues but I find it unlikely that we will have 9 more commits at this point because that would mean several kids that are currently committed end up somewhere else.

Advertisement
Let's close like this
Sony/Cook
Dixon
Moten
Juco DT
Street/Carter/Boateng
ILB - badly need another impact player here
Jackson
Hester

Can't imagine we turn down any of that if it wants to come... I have to figure that somehow/some way we'd make the #s work. We need ++ talent playmakers badly.

I am down with those kids but to bring in 8 more (not sign but to enroll), I think 3-4 current commits will be shown the door or not enroll.

Here is what people are saying about certain kids:

Grade talk with: Stuckey and Gray

Ariz in his opinion: Turner may go somewhere else (staff not interested)

Looking elsewhere: McCray to LSU

we can't enroll any more than 29 new bodies, which i think we'll shoot for.

so you do the math

Listen to Derek. We can bring in 29 total bodies, of the 29 bodies 4 would have to enroll early. Keep in mind that transfers count as initial counters too.

I believe the number is 31 initial counters for this year.

2010 27 total initial counters with 7 early entries counted backwards leaving 5 open slots for EE.
2011 21 total IC's with 5 EE counted backwards leaving 14 open slots (only 9 of which were used.)
2012 32 total IC's with 9 EE counted backwards leaving 2 open slots.
2013 21 total IC's with 2 EE counted backwards leaving 6 open slots
2014 25 yearly allotment + 6 open slots = 31.

this includes transfers such as O'Donnell, Renfrow, Ayles, M.Williams, Mustafaa ,Whipple etc., (not sure he counts since his father was coach - could be a walk on)

seems we are recruiting as such as well. In the mix with waaay too many guys considering we have 28 committed. I know not everyone is sticking, but I seriously doubt we would be involved with so many different guys for only a couple of spots

Check out this thread...http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/57727-Pete-et-al-Who-are-the-potential-EEs/page3

21 kids signed of which 3 never enrolled (Grooms, Kinnard & Gadbois). We added transfers Michael Williams (DB WF) Blake Ayles (TE USC) and Ryan Williams (QB Memphis). [21-3+3=21]

Of these 21 kids above, 3 enrolled early (Ayles, Finnie and Pierre) so we had 18 apply to the 2011 class with 7 that could carry over.

+7 (Could Be Applied to 2011)

33 kids signed of which 1 never enrolled (Jean-Louis). [33-1=32]

Of these 32 kids, 9 enrolled early (Crow, Hope, Dewey, Flowers, Gabois, Gunter, Kirby, Hoilett and Witt) but only 7 could be counted towards 2011.

7 of the 32 kids applied to 2011. 25 kids applied toward 2012, so we had 0 scholarship carry over.

0 (Could be applied to 2012)

20 kids signed of which 3 never enrolled (Griffin, Lockley and Bond). We added transfers David Gilbert (DE Wisc), Pat O'Donnell (Cinn P), Naim Mustafaa (DE OSU) and Justin Renfrow (DT UVA). [20-3+4=21]

Of these 21 kids, 5 enrolled early (Sandland, Dobard, Knighton, Figueroa and Odogwu ) but none counted towards 2012. We had 21 apply to the 2013 class with a carryover of 4.

My guess is we are at +4. Which means (ignoring sanctions) we could bring in 29 kids, 4 could apply to the 2013 class (if they enrolled early).

+4 (Could be applied to 2013)

This is where the difference is. I'm almost certain Michael Williams and Ryan Williams can be counted backwards even though they did not participate in spring ball. If they are counted backwards, then 31 is our number. If not, 29 it is. Both of their transfers were announced during that spring semester. To me, the coaching staffs actions suggest a higher number

We are on the same page, I am just skeptical that those mid-year transfers can go back to 2010. I hope that they can though.

I am still going with enrolling 29 till things change:

Current Commits (29 with Lockely and Griffin):

QB: Kayaa (1) and Rosier (2)
RB: Yearby (3) and Powell (4)
TE: Herdon (5)
OL: McDermott (6), Gibbons (7), Darling (8) and Linder (9)
WR: Griffin (10), Berrios (11) and Lagham (12)

ATH: Lockley (13) and Gray (14)

DT: Valentine (15), Jenkins (16), Stuckey (17), Molton (18) and Wyche (19)
DE: Jackson (20) and Harris (21)
DE/LB: Smith (22) and Thomas (23)
LB: Young (24), Owens (25) and McCray (26)
DB: Bethel (27), Mayes (28) and Turner (29)

Possible Attrition From The 29 Above

- Griffin (not definite to qualify)
- Turner (Mr. Ariz thinks we may go another way)
- Stuckey (Rumors of Grades/School)
- Gray (Rumors of Grades)
- McCray (LSU Whispers)

Last 5 In
1. Juco DT
2. South Florida RB
3. Out of State Safety
4. Dixon or WR
5. LB/DB

Advertisement
I am still going with enrolling 29 till things change:

Current Commits (29 with Lockely and Griffin):

QB: Kayaa (1) and Rosier (2)
RB: Yearby (3) and Powell (4)
TE: Herdon (5)
OL: McDermott (6), Gibbons (7), Darling (8) and Linder (9)
WR: Griffin (10), Berrios (11) and Lagham (12)

ATH: Lockley (13) and Gray (14)

DT: Valentine (15), Jenkins (16), Stuckey (17), Molton (18) and Wyche (19)
DE: Jackson (20) and Harris (21)
DE/LB: Smith (22) and Thomas (23)
LB: Young (24), Owens (25) and McCray (26)
DB: Bethel (27), Mayes (28) and Turner (29)

Possible Attrition From The 29 Above

- Griffin (not definite to qualify)
- Turner (Mr. Ariz thinks we may go another way)
- Stuckey (Rumors of Grades/School)
- Gray (Rumors of Grades)
- McCray (LSU Whispers)

Last 5 In
1. Juco DT
2. South Florida RB
3. Out of State Safety
4. Dixon or WR
5. LB/DB

Great post. People can also refer to a similar graphic created by Ariz several months ago- just updated based on the current commitment list.

Advertisement
Back