How much longer until we declare LT officially a bust?

View attachment 263102

@Memnon I would check your graphic a little closer. Mine seems to back up what I said.
Might help if you slide away from LT's nether region as you will likely be able to see better without his dong in your mouth. I'll work on my aggressive cluelessness in the meantime.

Take a knee BagOfDiksFromCincinnati, you’re sparring with a guy that has more football knowledge in his little toenail than you do in your entire corpulent mass of ignorant flesh.

This is not going well for you.

Advertisement
First of yall, you GTFOH with that bullsh*t, talking about somebody's dong in a mouth.

And secondly, instead of doubling down on your really awful take, you wanna start sending insults which proves exactly how off you were on this because all that graphic proves is that in the games he had the most reps he played his best ball.

The fact show he's not anything close to a Bust as you would like to describe, but instead of just saying you may have been premature in your assessment & holding your L, you wanna take pop-shots, which is really funny because you don't even realize you're arguing against your own point with that graphic.

Stick with making it a Football discussion, hurling insults at me ain't the road you wanna go down...
It was simply a suggestion to help your vision. I'm a little clueless....you'll have to pardon my aggressiveness in hurling insults. I thought it was funny. You did not. Pardon me. It's a chat room full of meatheads - myself included. Lighten up a bit Francis.

You don't have to agree with me that he's a bust. He hasn't lived up to expectations and he certainly has consistency issues. The graphics show that. Just because you don't agree with my take, doesn't make me (or you) a doosh. It's a difference of opinion. The graphic that you're saying is arguing against my own point as you say, shows someone who is incredibly inconsistent. He's had very good games against Clemson, Temple and Bethune. 2/3 of those teams suck and he should dominate them. The rest of his PFF grades are average at best. I posted this BEFORE the Clemson game. One game does not change my overall opinion on his body of work thus far. I also fully admit that the body of work is still incomplete. I'm also NOT rooting against LT. I'm frustrated that he hasn't played to the level I was expecting and hoping for. Against Clemson, he was outstanding. Does that make me want to back off the bust claim? Eh, maybe, maybe not. Time will tel on that.

You can consider this reply an apology. I'm not sending you flowers. Or a dong. And if you don't understand the "Lighten up Francis" comment, you need to google it for Sergeant Hulka's sake.

I feel like closing this thread to save someone from themselves. But the Maudes decided a long time ago that we value free speech and if a person put’s their opinion in the world for others to see, hear, read, then with that can come consequences.

respectfully, this is factually false although it is subject to personal opinion

Advertisement
Through six games, our projected 1st round DT has 6 total tackles - 3 solo and 3 assists. He has 1 TFL and 1 sack (I assume this is the same play). His per game production has gone WAY down this year. I get that he is getting double teamed....blah blah blah. You know who was a 1st round DT last year? Jalen Carter. You know who got double teamed a lot in college? Jalen Carter. And you know who made a ton of plays anyway? Yup, Jalen Carter. No, I'm not riding Jalen's meat here. Rather I'm simply pointing out that LT has pulled a Houdini this season after being projected as a first rounder next spring. He disappears in big games, admits to being out of shape and taking plays off. To me, he epitomizes MannyBoyz - cool hashtags and social media presence, but me-first to the core. He reminds of Marvin Austin when he was at UNC. Loads of hype. Lots of flash and even more disappointment.

Before the "I never said he was a first rounder" crowd jumps in here, I agree - he shouldn't be a first rounder. Thing is, this post is about him being a bust. He came in as a 5 star and has not lived up to the billing at all. I'm not talking talent here; I'm talking production. Jared Harrison-Hunte, a 3 star, has produced as much as LT (statistically speaking). I have links to LT's, Jalen Carter's and JHH's stats below for reference.

So the question is....."Do you think LT is a bust?"

LT college stats:

JC college stats:

JHH college stats:
It was simply a suggestion to help your vision. I'm a little clueless....you'll have to pardon my aggressiveness in hurling insults. I thought it was funny. You did not. Pardon me. It's a chat room full of meatheads - myself included. Lighten up a bit Francis.

You don't have to agree with me that he's a bust. He hasn't lived up to expectations and he certainly has consistency issues. The graphics show that. Just because you don't agree with my take, doesn't make me (or you) a doosh. It's a difference of opinion. The graphic that you're saying is arguing against my own point as you say, shows someone who is incredibly inconsistent. He's had very good games against Clemson, Temple and Bethune. 2/3 of those teams suck and he should dominate them. The rest of his PFF grades are average at best. I posted this BEFORE the Clemson game. One game does not change my overall opinion on his body of work thus far. I also fully admit that the body of work is still incomplete. I'm also NOT rooting against LT. I'm frustrated that he hasn't played to the level I was expecting and hoping for. Against Clemson, he was outstanding. Does that make me want to back off the bust claim? Eh, maybe, maybe not. Time will tel on that.

You can consider this reply an apology. I'm not sending you flowers. Or a dong. And if you don't understand the "Lighten up Francis" comment, you need to google it for Sergeant Hulka's sake.
Do you actually watch the games. he gets double teamed a lot. That frees up Bain n the rest. Now does he disappear some? Yes" but is it because of the reps. IDK. HE'S far from a bust. So your take is mute. THIS A STRAIGHT BS POST IN TAKE. SAYING THE YOUNG MAN IS A BUST

Do you actually watch the games. he gets double teamed a lot. That frees up Bain n the rest. Now does he disappear some? Yes" but is it because of the reps. IDK. HE'S far from a bust. So your take is mute. THIS A STRAIGHT BS POST IN TAKE. SAYING THE YOUNG MAN IS A BUST
Yes I do.
You can disagree in lower case as well. It's ok. The disappearing part that you mentioned is the part that led me to call him a bust. My take is not mute; you just don't agree and that's ok.

Yes I do.
You can disagree in lower case as well. It's ok. The disappearing part that you mentioned is the part that led me to call him a bust. My take is not mute; you just don't agree and that's ok.
Bro he's getting drafted. Day 1 or 2. That's not bust materiel. Im glad your not in some NFL board room. Evaluating players your miss on everything including that freaky red head. Choke yourself

Advertisement
You know who got double teamed a lot in college?
Kyle Maclachlan Reaction GIF by CBS

Advertisement
The irony of this whole thread -- which I didn't even bother reading until now because I knew it was going to be a spectator blood sport -- is that LT just had his best game by far. Last year v Virginia he basically won the game for us. But he didn't play that much. Last week v Clemson, he was an interior force the entire game. So really really really bad timing by the OP, lol.

That said, LT is not a 5 star day 1 guy IMHO. Not yet at least. And he's probably at Williis' level at this point, which took him 2.5 seasons to get to. Wilfork at the same point was much more impactful from a 3rd year perspective. But that's pretty friggin good. He may not be elite freak level. But he's a irreplaceable impact starter. So v. his HS 5-star ranking, maybe a B- grade. But on an absolute level as a teammate and contributor, A- grade. And the trend is in the right direction.

Summary, I declare LT a boom not a bust.

He's ranked #14 on CBS Sports Draft Prospect Rankings...

The star system was built to predict NFL futures, right? He's lived up to that.

This is a horrific take.
This is the best take in here thus far. Their take is he isn't Warren Sapp, therefore, he's a bust. That's insane.

From 11th ranked prospect in his senior class to 14th ranked draft prospect in his first opportunity amongst multiple recruiting classes would seemingly represent him outperforming his original position.

Advertisement
In my opinion, he's more of a 3 than 0/1. He was at nose against Clemson in the bear front at the end of the game and did well fighting double teams.

Advertisement
Back