How much longer until we declare LT officially a bust?

Advertisement
LMAOOOO....

Like clockwork.

Jalen Carter had 3 sacks last year. So im guessing LT needs to get 2 more to move on from BUST LEVEL to all world Jalen Carter level....All while playing next to Gore and Lichtenstein and running dline twist on passing downs.
There is significantly more to the Jalen Carter comparison. I chose him because he is almost exactly what LT was supposed to be. Similar size, star ranking, projections, etc. It's not just the statistics; it's the overall body of work. The statistics are the easy grab - I acknowledge as much. Jalen Carter was a game wrecker at Georgia. Take the stats out of it for a second. Can you honestly tell any of us if LT is a game wrecker using your eye test?

I hate the term bust lol anybody who watched his hs tape seen these flaws but since recruiting sites rated him high he’s a bust lol. If he becomes a day 2 pick he suceeded in life
The expectations come with the 5 star rating, fair or unfair. I prefer large busts, but I digress.

Being a bust and succeeding in life are two different things. I would also contend that being drafted does not mean succeeding in life. Being drafted and accomplishing something at the next level is success. Helpng the community along the way... even more so.

Advertisement
Through six games, our projected 1st round DT has 6 total tackles - 3 solo and 3 assists. He has 1 TFL and 1 sack (I assume this is the same play). His per game production has gone WAY down this year. I get that he is getting double teamed....blah blah blah. You know who was a 1st round DT last year? Jalen Carter. You know who got double teamed a lot in college? Jalen Carter. And you know who made a ton of plays anyway? Yup, Jalen Carter. No, I'm not riding Jalen's meat here. Rather I'm simply pointing out that LT has pulled a Houdini this season after being projected as a first rounder next spring. He disappears in big games, admits to being out of shape and taking plays off. To me, he epitomizes MannyBoyz - cool hashtags and social media presence, but me-first to the core. He reminds of Marvin Austin when he was at UNC. Loads of hype. Lots of flash and even more disappointment.

Before the "I never said he was a first rounder" crowd jumps in here, I agree - he shouldn't be a first rounder. Thing is, this post is about him being a bust. He came in as a 5 star and has not lived up to the billing at all. I'm not talking talent here; I'm talking production. Jared Harrison-Hunte, a 3 star, has produced as much as LT (statistically speaking). I have links to LT's, Jalen Carter's and JHH's stats below for reference.

So the question is....."Do you think LT is a bust?"

LT college stats:

JC college stats:

JHH college stats:
Bust Right now but a dude who 1 million% needs to comeback for his senior year. Needs that spring ball to really up his game for next year. He missed spring with an injury. Think that really threw off his money year this year. But he will do what all idiot Miami players do and leave early get picked in r6 and be out of the league in 3 years

He needed the big body 1 tech to play beside him. We didn't land that guy from the portal and definitely haven't recruited one of them. Moten is as close as we have and he barely sees the field.

Another year would do him some good but I seriously doubt he gives it any thought at all. Same with James Williams.. it's all but a lock that those 2 bolt at first opportunity.

LMAOOOO....

Like clockwork.

Jalen Carter had 3 sacks last year. So im guessing LT needs to get 2 more to move on from BUST LEVEL to all world Jalen Carter level....All while playing next to Gore and Lichtenstein and running dline twist on passing downs.
While Kelly and Bain drop back to cover hook to curl or the RB running the wheel route

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor still has like the best pass rush win rate among P5 DTs. We are missing 3 starters on our DLine. Opponents have zero reason not to focus the center and 1 guard on Taylor. Just is what it is. Other than Bain what Edge has made any plays for us? Cause while everyone talks about how Nyjalik Kelly could be a star, he literally has done nothing but get hurt this year. Mesidor hasn’t played at all…Bain is the only Edge that is having any positive impact in the passing game.

Advertisement
He’s our best DT easily but he does also get pushed around pretty often. He’s a decent CFB player

You can truly never rule out a D tackle until they graduate…. But all signs are pointing to a very average P5 defensive tackle.

I also blame the recruiting next to him. Darrel Jackson was the perfect complimentary piece to him (Jordan Miller as well).

Having a Branson Deen or JHH isn’t complimentary whatsoever

Advertisement
You can truly never rule out a D tackle until they graduate…. But all signs are pointing to a very average P5 defensive tackle.

I also blame the recruiting next to him. Darrel Jackson was the perfect complimentary piece to him. Having a Branson Deen or JHH isn’t complimentary whatsoever
Gore just needs more opportunities.

There is significantly more to the Jalen Carter comparison. I chose him because he is almost exactly what LT was supposed to be. Similar size, star ranking, projections, etc. It's not just the statistics; it's the overall body of work. The statistics are the easy grab - I acknowledge as much. Jalen Carter was a game wrecker at Georgia. Take the stats out of it for a second. Can you honestly tell any of us if LT is a game wrecker using your eye test?

Hey i was a huge Jalen Carter fan when he came out of Apopka.

In fact i even made the comp to our current dt commit Art Jones as Jalen Carter lite.

In each scheme guys are ask to do different things so its hard to compare, and guys also are playing with different level of teammates.

Im not down on LT as you are at all. Especially when he is essentially learning to do something in a enwer scheme that he hadnt b4. He has been taking on two guys at the point of attack better this year and more this year. If you really watched LT b4 or from High school he was always a guy that made plays by getting skinny and swim moves. **** he used the swim move to much sometimes leading to him getting washed but he is really good with it.

They didnt bring in abig guy and lost the starter from last year to our rivals so he kind of has taken over that role...he is paired alot with Gore when i watch..and we sub alot on the dl for whatever reason. He needs to be out there more in my opinion.

HE ISNT A BUST.

I think LT has a work ethic problem. If I’m reading behind the lines, coaches never seem to rave about him or even mention him much. He’s rarely sent to go talk to the media, there have been comments about his conditioning etc .. Just my opinion, but he seems like a talented guy that doesn’t put forth a ton of effort in being the best he can be.

Advertisement
Back