How Miami Becomes a National Contender (ESPN)

Manny's defenses, since he's been here, have consistently been some of the best in the country after halftime.

Not a perfect metric, but this is 2nd half points allowed per game:

2019 -- 10.2 (24th)
2018 -- 8.9 (12th)
2017 -- 11.1 (39th)
2016 -- 8.3 (6th)

But ****, I'm not gonna be the guy who lets facts get in the way of a good cry. Have at it.

He could have been talking about offense, I don't know. But Manny has been an absolute wizard at halftime adjustments on defense.

Advertisement
I think some you are forgetting how ****** our OC was last year! I wouldn't say our WR room is elite but Wiggins looks like he can be **** good player. I think Pope will ball out in this offence. We all think Peyton is gonna be a good one. Bevin is gonna be a beast and I think Mallory is going to step up big time this year. I'd take Wiggins, Pope, and Peyton all day split Will out like we did Njoku and Brevin at TE with King at QB and Harris, Knighton and Cheany at RB. I think were gonna ball out this year and finally get to see these kids used the right way! Even the less talented should have the production in this offence!

Old WR better then advertised and putting the work the have not put before ( looking at Pope and Harley).
The system will be MUCH BETTER and a QB out there
Don’t sleep in the Freshman WRs. They are that GOOD and I believe will play this year; perhaps some of them starts later in the year

LB is the biggest question for us

Manny's defenses, since he's been here, have consistently been some of the best in the country after halftime.

Not a perfect metric, but this is 2nd half points allowed per game:

2019 -- 10.2 (24th)
2018 -- 8.9 (12th)
2017 -- 11.1 (39th)
2016 -- 8.3 (6th)

But ****, I'm not gonna be the guy who lets facts get in the way of a good cry. Have at it.

I don't want to look it up, but that only tells half the story.

What's the metric for first half points? How many times were we trailing?

Sometimes the priority isn't to score in the second half and just to eat clock. Just curious how much of that is the case as I've put most of the past ten years behind me.

Advertisement
I don't want to look it up, but that only tells half the story.

What's the metric for first half points? How many times were we trailing?

Sometimes the priority isn't to score in the second half and just to eat clock. Just curious how much of that is the case as I've put most of the past ten years behind me.
Good perspective. Never considered that point of view. Thanks

All we have to do is get #1 recruiting classes 6 years in a row with 4 in a row coastal titles and 2 in a row conference championships! Whoo hoo! National Title #6 here we come!

GT game hard to say if we didn’t Second half defensive adjustments. Those guys just refused to tackle.

VT we definitely got out coached second half on D.

Rest of the games we did fine outside of NC last drive of all things.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the play count expected in increase exponentially and the sack count expected to drop (due to spread formations, King’s running ability, up tempo offense, etc), our WRs should finally start to find themselves targeted more than twice a game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back