How Miami Becomes a National Contender (ESPN)

Hum, my daddy always said, "Boy, IF a dog had a square *****, he would sh** bricks!" 2017 did show us that we can catch fire and excite the world but it also showed us we need a coach big enough for that moment - anyone think we have that coach?
He hasn't proven it yet. I guess we're holding out on the fact he might become one...

Advertisement
The article also pointed out that our WRs were ok against zone coverage but terrible against man to man. I had never seen that DT a.

Lets hope Likens teaches our guys to defeat man to man coverage early and often. Defensive coordinators will likely stick with man until we burn them. Having a QB who can really help the O by running the ball effectivley himself should open things up enormously.
We sometimes forget the other team game plans too....

I think, if some one can find the appropriate stat, that second half points allowed is inversely related to offensive productivity. Meaning, as the offense deteriorated over that last four years, the defense was increasingly gassed by games end.

Even more evidence that Manny makes good halftime adjustments.

Our WRs suck everybody is a project or limited. The only complete guys we have on roster is Wiggins and Payton and we don’t know if they can take it up a level. Eveybody else has a size concern or are too young to judge.
So why say they suck? If your gonna say there young or there size. Then you say our wr suck except wiggins and payton?

Advertisement
The article also pointed out that our WRs were ok against zone coverage but terrible against man to man. I had never seen that data..

Lets hope Likens teaches our guys to defeat man to man coverage early and often. Defensive coordinators will likely stick with man until we burn them. Having a QB who can really help the O by running the ball effectivley himself should open things up enormously. Our D under Randy was constantly being abused by running QBs who saw daylight as our CBs covered downfield with their backs to the line of scrimmage. Would love to return the favor.

Some of that could be dependent on Enos running 9 step play action passes on 3rd and 15 to throw a 6 yrd curl route.

I love the blitzing keeps people guessing. It just doesn't work if your secondary aint worth a ****.
Also works better when you have decent leads. You can really pin your ears back on D if your O is having its way with the opposing D.

Name how he isn’t? He can play inside or out, gets decent seperation, has some speed, and decent hands. He’ll never be a draft pick but Lol if you don’t think he isn’t the best guy we got. What? Mike Harley is? He couldn’t catch a cold if you sneezed on him but y’all want keep talking about him.
Wiggins has questionable hands and is just a deep threat. That’s not a complete wr. And who said anything about Harley? Jordan is the best receiver on the team

Wiggins has questionable hands and is just a deep threat. That’s not a complete wr. And who said anything about Harley? Jordan is the best receiver on the team
Last time I checked Brevin isn’t a WR and that was the question at hand. You would have a point if WR wasn’t the topic.

Advertisement
The receivers are fine. Maybe none has proven to be a top commodity but I guarantee they're at least as good as the guys Lashlee had at SMU last season and he had no problems moving the ball there. Baker was too blitz happy last year. So was Manny during his first season here. He doesn't need to overthink on defense. They can be more vanilla with the pass rushers they have on the line and more experience in the secondary. I'm still a fan of bringing heat on early downs to try to set up third and longs. But you don't need to bring exotic pressure on 3rd and 9.

Teams around the nation would beg for our WR’s. I don’t buy that.

When you mix together a QB that doesn't care about being a QB, a bad OL, and an unimaginative OC you tend to get WRs that don't look good. I think Miami has a lot of talent in the WR room. Pope is going to eat in Lashlee's offense.

Advertisement
Hum, my daddy always said, "Boy, IF a dog had a square *****, he would sh** bricks!" 2017 did show us that we can catch fire and excite the world but it also showed us we need a coach big enough for that moment - anyone think we have that coach?
You never know what kind of coach you really have until they actually get to work. WHo in the **** thought Dabo was going to be a great coach? And mark my word he will go to Alabama when saban is gone.

Quick Summary:

- Lashlee + King have to become a dynamic duo and alleviate tons of pressure off the Oline
- Our WRs aren't very good (but again hoping that's a product of Enos' system)
- The previous two points don't mean $#!+ if Diaz isn't fired and money spent to hire a competent coach

Fixed it for you and E$ECPN

Advertisement

Although still not great, his hands looked improved last year compared to his TF year.

The receivers are fine. Maybe none has proven to be a top commodity but I guarantee they're at least as good as the guys Lashlee had at SMU last season and he had no problems moving the ball there. Baker was too blitz happy last year. So was Manny during his first season here. He doesn't need to overthink on defense. They can be more vanilla with the pass rushers they have on the line and more experience in the secondary. I'm still a fan of bringing heat on early downs to try to set up third and longs. But you don't need to bring exotic pressure on 3rd and 9.
I've always believed that simply making teams THINK you are blitzing is a weapon by itself. It makes a QB rush his decision before the ball is even snapped.

Advertisement
Back