• 2-4 - only away games

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 2-4 - mixture of home and away

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • 5-6 - I try to make every home game

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • 5-6 - a mixture of home and away

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 7+ I make all the home games (maybe some away but I can't add anymore choices)

Votes: 33 21.0%

• Total voters
I live in PA and typically get to one away game a year (Pitt, UVA, BC, UNC, NC State, Duke, MD, and this year went to Temple). Planning to go to Syracuse next year and have been waiting for this one for a while. I've only been to two home games, VT in 2008 and FSU in 2010. After flying down for a horrible showing in 2010 I decided I'm not wasting money on that again until the performances are consistently better. I thought that might take a few years, but here we are 13 years later.

Advertisement
For the past ten years I went to almost every home game as a season ticket holder. Our group would also do one or two road games a year but not always.

22- tamu
21- bama
19- uf and unc
18- lsu
17- acc title game
16 GA tech and wvu

This year I didn't renew, mainly since we had a kid in April but also after upgrading to club for 22 and then going 5-7 and being hit with more price increases and the nonsense they did with parking I couldn't justify it.

Still made it to Miami of oh, tamu and GA tech this year. Was supposed to go to Clemson but I was sick.

Over 200 games since 1976, including 2 NCs, & a sideline pass from 95-2000 which is miraculous considering my line of work from 1981-2019....and under no circumstances will I spend a penny to attend a game until I see competent coaching.
I’m sure you’d be right there on the sideline of a 2-10 team if Butch were the coach.

I don’t expect fans to go to great lengths to attend games, although it would be nice, but “fans” like you I hope when you’ve decided the school deserves your fandom again the bandwagon will be full.

I’m sure you’d be right there on the sideline of a 2-10 team if Butch were the coach.

I don’t expect fans to go to great lengths to attend games, although it would be nice, but “fans” like you I hope when you’ve decided the school deserves your fandom again the bandwagon will be full.
Butch had legitimate excuses in 96 and 97 with 42 scholarship players and National Scorn....What's Mario's excuse except garbage decisions??....Lol at Bandwagon....you'll never in your lifetime be 1/100 of the UM fan I am...

Advertisement
Making every home game except Bethune and Louisville.

Every road game except Temple and FSU. Had my FSU tickets but sold them a few weeks ago. Likely won’t be heading to Boston College either due to work. Was partially looking forward to that one. Haven’t been there.

Butch had legitimate excuses in 96 and 97 with 42 scholarship players and National Scorn....What's Mario's excuse except garbage decisions??....Lol at Bandwagon....you'll never in your lifetime be 1/100 of the UM fan I am...
You were a fan when it was easy. I got this I got that, blah blah blah.

I still fly from TN for every home game and make 2-4 away games and have for 20+ years. But you do have 29,000+ post on a message board (even if 28,000 of them are about Butch) so I guess you are the bigger fan. Congrats.

You were a fan when it was easy. I got this I got that, blah blah blah.

I still fly from TN for every home game and make 2-4 away games and have for 20+ years. But you do have 29,000+ post on a message board (even if 28,000 of them are about Butch) so I guess you are the bigger fan. Congrats.
I was a fan when it was easy???....Lol.... so from 1976-1979 was easy??...Stop it...You can't fathom the $$$ and time I spent since 76 supporting this program, especially from 95-2001 when I'd drive 12hrs from Ft Walton Bch to attend games and practices galore while being an Executive Chef and raising a family at the same time.

Making every home game except Bethune and Louisville.

Every road game except Temple and FSU. Had my FSU tickets but sold them a few weeks ago. Likely won’t be heading to Boston College either due to work. Was partially looking forward to that one. Haven’t been there.
BC is a nice little stadium in Chesnut Hill, which is similar in some ways to Coral Gables.

Parking is a pain in the *** because of the location of the college. You will walk a lot from wherever you park to get to the stadium unless you know someone who is able to park in their one parking garage. I haven’t been there in a long time but not sure if things have changed.

Advertisement
Try to do 1 a year. Realistically even with cheap ticket prices once you do parking and getting something to eat and drink it’s a bit of money. And living in Miami ain’t cheap these days for a young professional

I had an epiphany of my death…it was watching the Canes play. I watch and care way too much. I wouldn’t change a **** thing. Go Canes!

I was a season ticket holder going back to 2002 at the Orange Bowl but did not renew this year and didn't attend a single game. Multitude of reasons but it definitely wasn't because the team wasn't good. I mean I went to pretty much every game of the Shannon/Golden/Diaz eras so it's not like my standards are high.

Advertisement
Make an annual October trip down to catch a home game...try to get an away if there's something nearby.

Flew down for GT this year. Will be up in Boston for thanksgiving so will try to catch the BC game as well.

Miami has been like the government for me. I give them my money so they can waste it.

It’s been a while since I’ve been to a game and when Manny and Mario were hired I said I would wait and see

I’ve never lived anywhere near Miami and as much as I would love to go to a game I’m not making the investment again until I see some actual changes

I don’t even mean a playoff contender either just over spending my time and money to watch the same thing over and over again

Advertisement
I have only missed 2 home games (+ the entire last Golden season on protest) since 2005. I want to travel to away games but not until I'm relatively optimistic that it won't be a miserable experience.

I'm up in NW OH now so try to catch an away game every year but didn't make any this year. Maybe next year.

Advertisement
Back