How many Canes would start at Alabama?

The best players at Miami are as good or better than the best players at Alabama.

A guy who coached at both schools told me that directly, and the examples he used (Miller v. Richardson, Vernon v. Upshaw, Seantrel v. Any Bama OL) all proved true in the NFL.

The difference is coaching, conditioning and depth.

Bama returns 57 players who are 5/4 recruits..10 5 stars/47 4's
Canes returns no 5 star recruit 38 4's

Bama 2016 class 25 recruits 20 4's compared to Miami's 11 4's out of 18 players.. **** near 2 to 1 ratio
Bama has 71 4's from 2012 to 2015
Miami had 39 during the same time
That's 32 more talented players to develop,conditioned and better overall depth
Bama avgs 17 4's a class compared to Miami 9 a class
From 2012 to 2015 Miami had 46 3's compared to Bama's 18 3's
FYI 2016 classes 7 to 5 3's Miami

There is a talent gap between Bama and Miami

Saban has had the number 1 recruiting classes since 2011.
5 years in a row
going 62-7

That's at 12-1 a year!
4 natty's in 7 years
its not just his coaching look at the "talent" he's brought to Bama

And Miami still has more players in the NFL. After a decade of mediocrity.

Advertisement
Kaaya would kill it at bama. Coley would start because of speed. Those are the only 2 i can honestly say would start.

The best players at Miami are as good or better than the best players at Alabama.

A guy who coached at both schools told me that directly, and the examples he used (Miller v. Richardson, Vernon v. Upshaw, Seantrel v. Any Bama OL) all proved true in the NFL.

Bama returns 57 players who are 5/4 recruits..10 5 stars/47 4's
Canes returns no 5 star recruit 38 4's

Bama 2016 class 25 recruits 20 4's compared to Miami's 11 4's out of 18 players.. **** near 2 to 1 ratio
Bama has 71 4's from 2012 to 2015
Miami had 39 during the same time
That's 32 more talented players to develop,conditioned and better overall depth
Bama avgs 17 4's a class compared to Miami 9 a class
From 2012 to 2015 Miami had 46 3's compared to Bama's 18 3's
FYI 2016 classes 7 to 5 3's Miami

There is a talent gap between Bama and Miami

Saban has had the number 1 recruiting classes since 2011.
5 years in a row
going 62-7

That's at 12-1 a year!
4 natty's in 7 years
its not just his coaching look at the "talent" he's brought to Bama

By the way while you keep mentioning all these star ratings like that's all that matters take a look back at our recruiting classes when we were dominating football. You'll be disappointed to see we always took underrated & underappreciated kids & dominated with them. By your rational then everyone else besides bama who has dominated college rankings for recruiting clearly was just a drastic letdown.

First off I didn't create the star system Ok.
I was showing Dmoney that there's a talent gap between Bama and Miami
And just so you know Ive been a canes fan since 1980 seeing Jim Kelly and Jim Burt play against VT in the Peach Bowl while I was stationed at FT Benning and I know bout underrated and unappreciated players who help Miami football to national dominance..

Say what you want about Saban,the man takes top talent and produces winning conferences championships and national championships and he's putting players in the NFL.

Id love for Richt to have such a run at Miami...
Wouldnt you?

Go Canes!

there are alot more canes would start at bama then u list. first off coley. his speed, size blend would start instantly, yearby, walton would compete to be 1a and 1b backs there, njoku would start at te no doubt. mcdermott to me would start on oline maybe at gaurd but he would start there, dl wise chad thomas would start at de, muhammed as a rush player, willis would compete to be in rotation. grace and his speed would play in nickle and corn elder and probably jaquan johnson would have a shot in that secondary.

there is talent on this team not matter how poorly used it was.

On offense, Kaaya, Coley, Njoku, maybe one of our OL...

On defense, AQM, Thomas, Elder, maybe Grace...

Out of our starting 22, I'd venture to say 8-9 guys would be starting at Alabama.

That being said, I think at least 15-16 of those guys would be competing for serious playing time.

Holy ****... U two are off your **** rockers.

Yearby AND Walton over Heisman winner Derrick Henry? No. Just NO.

Kaaya, Coley and maybe Njoku. That's it. The rest would barely make the 2 deep.

I am NOT saying we don't have talent, but you're talking about one of the best Bama teams ever.

You're off your rocker saying that. Typical fan who doesn't understand what happens on the field & the role a scheme actually plays. News for you #1 Gerald Willis,chad,Quan etc were recruited by everyone.picked us over all of em. To reaffirm that the year where Quan got suspended for breaking his roommates jaw after his roommate pushed his 3 year old son out of a car,Alabama came after him again. With promises galore. Some of these boys would be monsters in that system let alone with that coaching. Jenkins would start in that secondary too by the way.

LOL at you if you think scheme is 100% the reason some of our guys have fallen short of expectations. Our DL that argument flies but Jenkins would start for them over Jackson and Matias-Smith? Please. Stop being a Superfan and thinking our guys are all-world by default.

None one said scheme alone can be the sole reason for anything. But when you blend horrible scheme,out of position miss utilized talent & drastically inferior coaching it grades out on a large scale. Besides that obviously SOME kids anywhere you go don't always live up to there expectations & there's various reasons for it. Lastly I'm the least bit of a superfan. However I did play sports for long enough. Including right here & I do know how easily coaching & a scheme can effect a player (positively or negatively)for instance you recruit a kid (say from South Florida for instance)because of what he has achieved on the field in high school. You have said expectations for that student athlete based upon his high school achievements. Well here's the problem with that super pessimistic view of yours & many others. We'llv stick to defensive recruits since that's where the majority of the misses were under golden. 8 out of 10 kids in sofla play in an aggressive defensive scheme be it majority 4-3 or a 3-4. The common thread is all of them were based upon speed & getting after the quarterbacks. Disrupting an offenses game plan based upon pressure. That's a fact that won't change no matter how much you wanna hate on our kids. Now you get those kids to college & you tell them were gonna switch up to a 3-4 base with the core scheme being zone. If you know the sport than you know that the defense we have been running is solely created for smart less athletic kids because it give them a small assignment & as long as they stick to their zone by principle well excel. Problem with that is these kids got where they are based upon being let loose & making plays in space. The scheme we have played completely eliminates both that & virtually any football instincts. That's a fact. Past that I'm gonna say against Jenkins would start at Alabama & he'd be a sure fire monster. You'll see that reinforced this season

All this post was is mainly Superfan reinforcement and trying to hide behind saying I'm hating on the kids instead of thinking that they're all the end all to be all because they're from Florida and play for Miami. By your logic, Randy Phillips is better than Jack Tatum because he's from South Florida and played in an aggressive scheme. Better yet you're arguing that the worst Miami safety is better than the best non-Miami safety of all time which just shows you can't be objective at all. And now you're putting words in my mouth because I never said that you recruit a kid based on high school results. You recruit a kid based on ceiling and potential ala Butch Davis's style. My, "pessimism," is that I don't think that Jenkins would go from producing literally nothing for his entire time here, scheme or not, and then go to starting for the best team in the country on the best defense in the country. Your, "optimism," is predicated on saying that Golden and the scheme is 100% responsible in this case for Jenkins being a nobody when that isn't true at all. If he was this all-American that you think he is, he would've produced more by now or at least something to say he's better than Jackson or Matias-Smith. Your optimism is the definition of being a fan and saying that my criticism is me hating on the kids is pretty soft of you since you evidently think the kids are above criticism just because. Your coddling them is much more damaging than my fair analysis.

Now Jenkins would notably start at Alabama and he'd be sure fire monster? Take a seat. You wanna talk about South Florida superiority but correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Eddie Jackson play for Boyd Anderson? Isn't Geno Matias-Smith from Georgia, another elite state of talent that plays plenty aggressive? Meanwhile you're doubling down that Jenkins would be a stud at Alabama when he couldn't tackle the running back for Cincinnati who had come to a dead stop. That's not scheme or any other excuse you trotted out. That's just not being good. Jenkins has produced nothing in his time at Miami to warrant your lofty praise and expectations and your using the logical fallacy of, "If This Was Different, He'd be Much Better," when that scenario can't be created.

Jenkins is just not as good as Jackson and Matias-Smith no matter how much you want to excuse and pretend that he is. You have nothing to back up your opinion other than valid scheme critiques but you're putting all of the weight into that and scheme isn't why you get embrassaed on 3rd and 1 by some jabroni on Cincinnati. Your Superfanship, optimism, and dedication is admirable but misplaced and misguided and honestly blind with hope. I hope your right that Jenkins becomes an all-American this year but I haven't seen anything to encourage me yet and that's not just an indictment on the scheme.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Holy ****... U two are off your **** rockers.

Yearby AND Walton over Heisman winner Derrick Henry? No. Just NO.

Kaaya, Coley and maybe Njoku. That's it. The rest would barely make the 2 deep.

I am NOT saying we don't have talent, but you're talking about one of the best Bama teams ever.

You're off your rocker saying that. Typical fan who doesn't understand what happens on the field & the role a scheme actually plays. News for you #1 Gerald Willis,chad,Quan etc were recruited by everyone.picked us over all of em. To reaffirm that the year where Quan got suspended for breaking his roommates jaw after his roommate pushed his 3 year old son out of a car,Alabama came after him again. With promises galore. Some of these boys would be monsters in that system let alone with that coaching. Jenkins would start in that secondary too by the way.

LOL at you if you think scheme is 100% the reason some of our guys have fallen short of expectations. Our DL that argument flies but Jenkins would start for them over Jackson and Matias-Smith? Please. Stop being a Superfan and thinking our guys are all-world by default.

None one said scheme alone can be the sole reason for anything. But when you blend horrible scheme,out of position miss utilized talent & drastically inferior coaching it grades out on a large scale. Besides that obviously SOME kids anywhere you go don't always live up to there expectations & there's various reasons for it. Lastly I'm the least bit of a superfan. However I did play sports for long enough. Including right here & I do know how easily coaching & a scheme can effect a player (positively or negatively)for instance you recruit a kid (say from South Florida for instance)because of what he has achieved on the field in high school. You have said expectations for that student athlete based upon his high school achievements. Well here's the problem with that super pessimistic view of yours & many others. We'llv stick to defensive recruits since that's where the majority of the misses were under golden. 8 out of 10 kids in sofla play in an aggressive defensive scheme be it majority 4-3 or a 3-4. The common thread is all of them were based upon speed & getting after the quarterbacks. Disrupting an offenses game plan based upon pressure. That's a fact that won't change no matter how much you wanna hate on our kids. Now you get those kids to college & you tell them were gonna switch up to a 3-4 base with the core scheme being zone. If you know the sport than you know that the defense we have been running is solely created for smart less athletic kids because it give them a small assignment & as long as they stick to their zone by principle well excel. Problem with that is these kids got where they are based upon being let loose & making plays in space. The scheme we have played completely eliminates both that & virtually any football instincts. That's a fact. Past that I'm gonna say against Jenkins would start at Alabama & he'd be a sure fire monster. You'll see that reinforced this season

All this post was is mainly Superfan reinforcement and trying to hide behind saying I'm hating on the kids instead of thinking that they're all the end all to be all because they're from Florida and play for Miami. By your logic, Randy Phillips is better than Jack Tatum because he's from South Florida and played in an aggressive scheme. Better yet you're arguing that the worst Miami safety is better than the best non-Miami safety of all time which just shows you can't be objective at all. And now you're putting words in my mouth because I never said that you recruit a kid based on high school results. You recruit a kid based on ceiling and potential ala Butch Davis's style. My, "pessimism," is that I don't think that Jenkins would go from producing literally nothing for his entire time here, scheme or not, and then go to starting for the best team in the country on the best defense in the country. Your, "optimism," is predicated on saying that Golden and the scheme is 100% responsible in this case for Jenkins being a nobody when that isn't true at all. If he was this all-American that you think he is, he would've produced more by now or at least something to say he's better than Jackson or Matias-Smith. Your optimism is the definition of being a fan and saying that my criticism is me hating on the kids is pretty soft of you since you evidently think the kids are above criticism just because. Your coddling them is much more damaging than my fair analysis.

Now Jenkins would notably start at Alabama and he'd be sure fire monster? Take a seat. You wanna talk about South Florida superiority but correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Eddie Jackson play for Boyd Anderson? Isn't Geno Matias-Smith from Georgia, another elite state of talent that plays plenty aggressive? Meanwhile you're doubling down that Jenkins would be a stud at Alabama when he couldn't tackle the running back for Cincinnati who had come to a dead stop. That's not scheme or any other excuse you trotted out. That's just not being good. Jenkins has produced nothing in his time at Miami to warrant your lofty praise and expectations and your using the logical fallacy of, "If This Was Different, He'd be Much Better," when that scenario can't be created.

Jenkins is just not as good as Jackson and Matias-Smith no matter how much you want to excuse and pretend that he is. You have nothing to back up your opinion other than valid scheme critiques but you're putting all of the weight into that and scheme isn't why you get embrassaed on 3rd and 1 by some jabroni on Cincinnati. Your Superfanship, optimism, and dedication is admirable but misplaced and misguided and honestly blind with hope. I hope your right that Jenkins becomes an all-American this year but I haven't seen anything to encourage me yet and that's not just an indictment on the scheme.

You're reading comprehension skills are **** my dude. None of that did I state. It's irrelevant where a kid is from. I gave you a simple example (about the scheme) where Floriduh was part of said example stating these high school kids have played a certain style of game their whole life... the achievements & potential people thought they had ( please don't try to teach me about butch when I played for him)were based upon said results in said schemes. Floriduh was used as an example because in florida all they play is attacking football than these kids came here under this moron & played in a defense they had to learn from scratch,have never seen & teaches kids not to play with instincts or to attack. Rather to sit in your zone & wait for the play to come to u. THAT'S WHAT I SAID. Far as Jackson goes I think he's a beast. Mathias doesn't impress me at all. To say Jenkins has had no results is foolish & all I'm stating is he would have a good shot over there. Bye now

You're reading comprehension skills are **** my dude. None of that did I state. It's irrelevant where a kid is from. I gave you a simple example (about the scheme) where Floriduh was part of said example stating these high school kids have played a certain style of game their whole life... the achievements & potential people thought they had ( please don't try to teach me about butch when I played for him)were based upon said results in said schemes. Floriduh was used as an example because in florida all they play is attacking football than these kids came here under this moron & played in a defense they had to learn from scratch,have never seen & teaches kids not to play with instincts or to attack. Rather to sit in your zone & wait for the play to come to u. THAT'S WHAT I SAID. Far as Jackson goes I think he's a beast. Mathias doesn't impress me at all. To say Jenkins has had no results is foolish & all I'm stating is he would have a good shot over there. Bye now

My reading comprehension skills are just fine but your ability to either translate your opinion is hot garbage or you're trying a song and dance now to cover your *** for having a silly, Superfan opinion. You gave an example for this context that I promptly took a part and explained to you how it was minor to the individual player and I also pointed out where I drew conclusions so you can unwrap yourself from your feelings and not get so offended.

You're still sticking with the scheme exclusive idea when that's exactly the wrong point seeing as other players have acclimated to different schemes than their high school and produced just fine. When given the chance to be aggressive, Jenkins got humiliated by the Cincinnati RB so that kind of harpoons your, "If he was allowed to be aggressive he'd flourish," idea. And I evidently do need to tell you about Butch since I doubt you either played for him or paid attention to him if you did play because he didn't really tolerate having babies on his team like you're acting.

And now you've just double talked yourself horribly because in one breath you say that the scheme holds Jenkins back because it doesn't let him be aggressive like he's accustomed to even though when he got his shots to be aggressive he didn't do squat but get run over and then you say he has produced results so you must be pretty confused or just downright silly. And you didn't say he'd just have a good shot over there. You said, "he'd be a sure fire monster." which is a very different animal. Try and keep your multiple opinions straight and not confuse yourself repeatedly. And Jenkins results included a total of what exactly? Very little but yeah it's ALL scheme.

Agree about Golden being a moron.

Adios muchacho.

Last edited:
****, how many Bama players could play for this U? We are not that bad where you got to look at us like we are some Jr college program.

Advertisement
If our best players all committed to Bama from the start its hard to say ... We do have talent that any team would have love to develop.

I agree and a lot of our players had offers from Bama so I'm not quit sure what the poster was trying to imply.

Advertisement
Back