How many Canes would start at Alabama?

Martycane

Sophomore
Just trying to gauge the distance we need to travel.
I say: Kaaya, Coley and maybe Njoku...

Advertisement
I'm very keen in thinking that if a lot of our guys had been coached properly since their time here they would have lived up to their expectations based on high school ratings. Chad Thomas comes to mind right away (Alabama made a run late) and we have a lot of kids who were elite out of high school just were never given the opportunity to display their talents under Golden.

In all honesty "elite" talent was never really the question, it was always a matter of development.

This argument seems extremely stupid, just a chance to **** on our guys for no reason. Ask that question after one or two seasons under the new staff.

Last edited:
there are alot more canes would start at bama then u list. first off coley. his speed, size blend would start instantly, yearby, walton would compete to be 1a and 1b backs there, njoku would start at te no doubt. mcdermott to me would start on oline maybe at gaurd but he would start there, dl wise chad thomas would start at de, muhammed as a rush player, willis would compete to be in rotation. grace and his speed would play in nickle and corn elder and probably jaquan johnson would have a shot in that secondary.

there is talent on this team not matter how poorly used it was.

Can't really ask this question. Who gives a fugg about Bama? Totally different school, geography, system, expectation, and identity. There are good players here who wouldn't see the field at Bama because of scheme alone. So, really, why are we doing this?

Advertisement
there are alot more canes would start at bama then u list. first off coley. his speed, size blend would start instantly, yearby, walton would compete to be 1a and 1b backs there, njoku would start at te no doubt. mcdermott to me would start on oline maybe at gaurd but he would start there, dl wise chad thomas would start at de, muhammed as a rush player, willis would compete to be in rotation. grace and his speed would play in nickle and corn elder and probably jaquan johnson would have a shot in that secondary.

I think Saban would want a bigger back as the main guy...

The current difference at most positions is depth only. Not our starters vs theirs. The main difference is that Bama's backups are only a half a notch worse than their starters and our backups are much farther behind ours.

On offense, Kaaya, Coley, Njoku, maybe one of our OL...

On defense, AQM, Thomas, Elder, maybe Grace...

Out of our starting 22, I'd venture to say 8-9 guys would be starting at Alabama.

That being said, I think at least 15-16 of those guys would be competing for serious playing time.

Advertisement
Lol so you are basically saying half our team would start at Alabama? I'm a Cane through thick and thin but get real. Kaaya, Coley, Njoku and maybe Corn. No way AQM and Chad are starting in their Front 4.Grace would be a 3rd down LB for them.

Out of our starting 22, I'd venture to say 8-9 guys would be starting at Alabama.

That being said, I think at least 15-16 of those guys would be competing for serious playing time.

lol at Coley starting for them. Fat chance in ****. Only guy who would stand a chance is Kayaa because their QB situation sucks.

Holy ****... U two are off your **** rockers.

Yearby AND Walton over Heisman winner Derrick Henry? No. Just NO.

Kaaya, Coley and maybe Njoku. That's it. The rest would barely make the 2 deep.

I am NOT saying we don't have talent, but you're talking about one of the best Bama teams ever.

Advertisement

I am NOT saying we don't have talent, but you're talking about one of the best Bama teams ever.
I would go for this but think Coley is a long shot due to dropping passes...Grace would be there on speed alone...

Advertisement
I think Miami's top guys are as good as any other schools top guys, and always have been. So yes all those guys could start at Alabama.

ONE OF Miami's problems the last 11 years or so has been the drop off in talent to our "B" guys. Starters yes, but not NFL talent. That has been a real issue for us!!

I would go for this but think Coley is a long shot due to dropping passes...Grace would be there on speed alone...

nope sabans linebackers are usually 240- 250 lbs plus no way would he start grace

Advertisement
Back