How many back do we take this year?

Brous8988

Redshirt Freshman
Since many feel edwards will slide into Hagens spot how many backs do we take this year. 2 or 3? I know we are looking good for Sony and Cook but if we take a third do we make a run at Yearby? If we hire Lockette it becomes a real possibility to flip him

Advertisement
Depends on how good option #3 is. Sony/Cook no-brainers if they want to come, I don't think you take 3 unless someone's so good you can't pass them up.

I haven't seen the numbers, but I think this will be a large class. We should probably get Ace to give us a break down on what to expect in terms of numbers by position when he gets the chance. I'm willing to throw 3 against the wall assuming this will be a big class.

Advertisement
2. Go after Cook and Michel.

Come back next year with Scarlett and Irvin.

Advertisement
Cook and Sony.

Yearby is not on their level, but I'd love to have him. I think we'll get him to commit to us if we get Lockett.

There's 18 seniors and 83 scholarships out right now.

Without attrition and scholarship reductions the number is at 20 for next year.

Advertisement
2, cook and sony being first choices obviously. i can't see yearby committing to us however i am curious as to how much the departure of coley to us took on his commitment.

It's really unanswerable at this point. Cook and Sony sound great but we don't know how recruiting will play out, or whether someone else at that level will step up. On pure numbers you'd take three, but there's no such thing as a 'pure numbers' take because you have to factor in other spots, overall limits, and specific kids. Given the talent in '15 as well, I'd guess if we can get Sony and Cook we'll probably try to take two the following year too, but that theory often sounds better to fans on message boards than coaches who don't know what next year's kids will do and so prefer one in the hand to two in the bush.

Advertisement
It's really unanswerable at this point. Cook and Sony sound great but we don't know how recruiting will play out, or whether someone else at that level will step up. On pure numbers you'd take three, but there's no such thing as a 'pure numbers' take because you have to factor in other spots, overall limits, and specific kids. Given the talent in '15 as well, I'd guess if we can get Sony and Cook we'll probably try to take two the following year too, but that theory often sounds better to fans on message boards than coaches who don't know what next year's kids will do and so prefer one in the hand to two in the bush.

Shut up.

At this point, we take...

168.gif

Yearby reminds me of Charlie Jones, great high school RB that's talent doesn't transfer to the College game that well

Shut up.

At this point, we take...

168.gif

we were throwing that GIF around every time someone asked who we were gonna get this year and Gary Oldman ended up molesting us while calling us Matilda...are there any other good "everyone" GIFs?

Advertisement
Back