How many 1st rounders we have on this team?

Kaaya, AQM, Njoku, Coley are the 4 I see with that kind of physical ability - I'll guess Kaaya and one of the other three make it. Don't think Corn has 1st round physical traits. I guess Norton and Chad have very remote shots but I don't think anyone could say that based on what we've seen so far. Too early to guess on Willis and the FR.

Advertisement
NFL teams prefer drafting a quarterback who played in a pro style system in college so that help's Kaaya's case. Teams have reached for the likes of Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel in the first round, despite neither being nearly as good as Kaaya. Nobody else on the roster has really shown any first round ability yet.

As stated, there is none right now at the moment, with a handful having the physical ability. As Dmoney stated, Coley from a talent perspective is the most talented WR we have had here since probably Dre, but has been average up to this point. Kaaya, has a ton to work on and it all depends on the QB class. As stated, if its a weak class, then you have players like Ponder and Manuel sneak in.

Based purely on physical potential I would say:
Coley, Njoku, Grace, Norton, Kaaya, Moten, Willis, AQM & Thomas

Guys who are solid physically and could play themselves into the first couple of rounds:
Dobard, Carter (iffy), Herndon, Young & Owens

I think most of the underclassmen are too young to project. It will come down to both coaching and our success as a team. There were definitely some guys from our 2000-2005 teams that didn't deserve the first round but got the benefit of the doubt because of our team success (which probably helped them put better things on film). I wouldn't be surprised to see draft stocks jump if we have a good year.

Advertisement
Grace is too small to be a first round player. If Denzel could not get into round 1 I do not think he will. I agree with Njoku, kid is super talented and has that first round frame. Norton and Willis could possibly get there especially under coach Kool. AQM and Thomas will end up being second round guys at best. AQM is too much of an upper body guy. He does not overpower guys enough. Maybe he will improve in that area, but just do not see that overpowering drive from him in his pass rush. Chad just has a lot of work to do. I think he could end up in the fourth or fifth someday or the first. He has the prototypical size you look for in a DE. Coley, will become a first round player IMO. Carter? Dobard? Herndon? I just do not see it. Young and Owens are also a no. I do not even see Young being drafter prior to the sixth round. I do not see the explosion or speed. Just my .02

There is no telling what this staff can develop these guys into. However, most of these dudes needs a fairly big turnaround to get into those higher rounds. As it sits only Kaaya is a first round grade. But there are guys who could play themselves there with their natural size.

The portion of our fan base that doesn't like Kaaya confuses me. Most legit QB we have had in a long time and yet there's always someone on here ragging on him. I I wonder, when he's drafted top 5 in a year or two, are you going to be happy since he's a Cane or mad that you was very wrong? Probably the latter. To answer OP question, I say right now, only Brad but potential is there for Coley, Quan, and Njoku. Who knows on the youngsters, too early. Time will tell. Sky is the limit with Coach Richt and Co. coaching them up.

Grace is too small to be a first round player. If Denzel could not get into round 1 I do not think he will. I agree with Njoku, kid is super talented and has that first round frame. Norton and Willis could possibly get there especially under coach Kool. AQM and Thomas will end up being second round guys at best. AQM is too much of an upper body guy. He does not overpower guys enough. Maybe he will improve in that area, but just do not see that overpowering drive from him in his pass rush. Chad just has a lot of work to do. I think he could end up in the fourth or fifth someday or the first. He has the prototypical size you look for in a DE. Coley, will become a first round player IMO. Carter? Dobard? Herndon? I just do not see it. Young and Owens are also a no. I do not even see Young being drafter prior to the sixth round. I do not see the explosion or speed. Just my .02

There is no telling what this staff can develop these guys into. However, most of these dudes needs a fairly big turnaround to get into those higher rounds. As it sits only Kaaya is a first round grade. But there are guys who could play themselves there with their natural size.

Perryman was short. Grace isn't. He also fits the mold of fast, twitchy LBs who can cover from sideline to sideline. Not to say that I think that he has R1 talent, but his height definitely won't be the issue. Darrion Lee is a guy to look at in this draft when you think of Grace.

Kaaya is being projected as a first rounder, although QB stock is volatile.

Coley has the best chance from the upperclassmen. He is more talented than Dorsett, Hurns and Benjamin.

Given the need for QBs in NFL and the injuries to most dual threat QBs, Brad should go high. I think the kid stays four years but he goes first round next year if he leaves. Smart, tall, pocket passer who hits TEs with no personality flaws -- lot of teams will be looking hard at kid. Not sure we have any other likely first round guy right now. If this coaching staff is what we hope it will be, then a lot of guys might burst on scene. AQM, Grace, and others might shine bright in digressive 4-3. Dline is probably our best hope.

Advertisement
The portion of our fan base that doesn't like Kaaya confuses me. Most legit QB we have had in a long time and yet there's always someone on here ragging on him. I I wonder, when he's drafted top 5 in a year or two, are you going to be happy since he's a Cane or mad that you was very wrong? Probably the latter. To answer OP question, I say right now, only Brad but potential is there for Coley, Quan, and Njoku. Who knows on the youngsters, too early. Time will tell. Sky is the limit with Coach Richt and Co. coaching them up.

Got to agree with you. Kid came in summer and took over immediately. He was forced to carry a horrible defense and coaching staff. But him on a Howard or JJ team and he blows up huge. Better arm than Bernie, smarter than Kelly and Vinnie. Steve was my favorite and that is who Brad reminds me of -- he went 1st in supplemental draft. If Mark gets him more under center snaps and kid stays for another year, pros will snap him up -- this kid brings a head full of smart brain not a brain full of head problems.

This fan base has more morons in it than most. It's no surprise people are down on Kaaya. They are probably the same idiots who will still argue that Ken Dorsey was an average QB.

Kaaya is being projected as a first rounder, although QB stock is volatile.

Coley has the best chance from the upperclassmen. He is more talented than Dorsett, Hurns and Benjamin.
Kaaya will no doubt impress during interviews and his elite accuracy with size will likely at least get a good team to take a crack at him late in the 1st. If he sticks around 2 years and develops more arm strength and keeps fine tuning, he could shoot way up for sure.

Coley for sure if he cleans up the rough spots including his asinine theatrics on the field. Ken Norton and Quan could push but they obviously both have a long ways to go.

Advertisement
**** yeah, I love these type of threads!

I always find out that we have 15 first rounders!

If Chad put as much into football as he did his rap music he'd be a first rounder. But you know ...

If Chad put as much into football as he did his rap music he'd be a first rounder. But you know ...

As someone who knows him personally...i've known him to be someone who put everything he had into football and did music on the side. He would have came to my high school if he cared about music more. Problem is that the previous staff tainted him and forced some loss of passion and fun to the game. This led to him leaning on music to ensure that he succeeds one way or another. Dude (was?) a fierce person, very aggressive with everything he does, and highly competitive...If he isn't right now then hopefully someone can light that candle.

Advertisement
Kaaya a top 5 pick? He's not even good enough for a first round pick. Maybe second. Already know I'll get heat for this post, kaaya is a good college qb, but isnt worth any first round pick

So, why do you think you'll catch heat for your post?

Is it because your post makes no sense whatsoever?

Is it because you made a claim but didn't list how you came to that conclusion?

Is it because so many NFL teams need a fuggin QB?

Is It because qbs with less talent and ability have gone high in the draft?

Is I because Ryan tanehill is better than kaaya? Cuz he was a first round QB.

One of the only qbs coming out of college that can run a prostyle system, has pinpoint accuracy, with great decision making skills and toughness isn't a first round guy?

You gotta be ****tin me.

Some of you just need to read and not post. Seriously.

Ummmm **** yes.. Just look at Christian Ponder as a prime example. Wth were the Vikings thinking?

I think people just need to realize most players from btw are overrated. For as many players they put out they don't really make THAT big of an impact. Don't say Calloway he was at homestead for 3 years...

Right now Njoku is the top NFL prospect on this team IMO, followed by Kaaya, AQM, and Coley. No way to rank the kids who have not played yet.

Advertisement
Back