How loud was new stadium vs the orange bowl?

Advertisement
Haven't been to HardRock yet but I can tell you the OB on a good night would require ear plugs or you couldn't hear for hours after the game. About as loud as a concert. With the roof on HardRock, that place should be just as loud if not louder.

Yall old men need to shut the fk up. This new stadium was shaking in the first half, literally felt my whole body vibrate. Roof was a great measure.

Yall old men need to shut the fk up. This new stadium was shaking in the first half, literally felt my whole body vibrate. Roof was a great measure.

yeah I've been to big games in the OB, sun life and now hard rock. The OB was special but the Hard Rock was LOUD. There were times the seats were shaking and I couldn't hear the announcer.

Advertisement
The thing missing from The Rock is the feeling that the whole place might fall down. That fear was cool when I was young, but I have to admit would make me uncomfortable in my old age. The bottles on the field was good. The fans made it work on Sat. We did what we do.

The thing missing from The Rock is the feeling that the whole place might fall down. That fear was cool when I was young, but I have to admit would make me uncomfortable in my old age. The bottles on the field was good. The fans made it work on Sat. We did what we do.

Except when the concrete actually fell and almost killed someone in our section of the OB. Took the person out on a stretcher with blood everywhere. Real Fear!

I'm good with Hard Rock so long as the fans fill it for ACC games. UNC better be just as loud.

Except when the concrete actually fell and almost killed someone in our section of the OB. Took the person out on a stretcher with blood everywhere. Real Fear!

I'm good with Hard Rock so long as the fans fill it for ACC games. UNC better be just as loud.

You just start watching Canes games?

lol why would you expect it to be just as loud?

Advertisement

Yeah, I've been to the OB a few times but just started watching Canes games.

Seeing as UNC doesn't travel as well as FSU. A sell out vs UNC should produce similar noise even if the fans aren't as pumped up. Is it truly going to be as loud, no, but a loud sell out is what this team needs.

I call bull****. I've attended and worked many games at Joe Robbie (I worked for one of the sports franchises) and I have never felt that building shake. Been to big games too. It isn't designed to vibrate.

That being said, it was very loud. Difficult to compare the two stadiums.

Last edited:
Will never forget the metal seats in the OB would shake so bad your teeth would chatter.

Yeah, I've been to the OB a few times but just started watching Canes games.

Seeing as UNC doesn't travel as well as FSU. A sell out vs UNC should produce similar noise even if the fans aren't as pumped up. Is it truly going to be as loud, no, but a loud sell out is what this team needs.

We'll be lucky to have 50k on Saturday. This is a must win so I hope the fans show up.

Advertisement
It is loud. I realize my ears are still ringing when I leave. But nothing will ever replace the OB and it's rustic (rusty) mystic

Place was rocking but I can't compare to the OB since I only went up to when I was 9. Now, as a UM student, proud of the way we showed up to Hard Rock on Saturday, finally felt like something close to what it once was.

Advertisement

That is what I mean. It was not fake fear, it was real. Of course as a youth I did lots of stupid things for the fear rush, so I might not be a good test case.

The new Stadium was rocking, but its just something about the OB that is different. But, the Hard Rock was very loud. My family had a great time, until that extra point.

Advertisement
Back