How Long?

RoCanes

Freshman
How long for a culture change within the football program under Richt?

These players needs a serious mental,physical,attitude adjustment after being subjected to Goldenism
Richt understands a good staff is a prequiste for team culture, personality, accountability, and no doubt field performance
After seeing Richt's mat drills and high energy practices and how much his staff is pushing and teaching them is what going to bring forth the culture change Richt inspires.

How long?

Advertisement
i think there's already a change and i think we will see change on the field this year. it may take a couple years to weed everyone out from the last regime who doesn't want to get on board, but, i think we see change now.

"Culture change" is an engineered excuse to keep the heat off a new HC. If you can't get the players to buy in, then you're trash. They're young, impressionable guys who want to be led. If you can't lead them, then you're garbage.

We might not have the players to compete for a NC right away. But we have the players to compete for an ACC Championship this year. You'll hear about "culture" if we fail to do what we should do this year.

How long did it take Tom Herman to change the culture in Houston?

Those dudes were 5-7, 8-5, and 8-5 the immediate 3 years before he got there ... And they just finished the season ranked 8th in the country in his 1st season as a HC.

So, I think the culture change should be immediate for this team. Richt's got a .740 win %, and has been coaching for 15 years ... Finishing top 10 in 7 of those seasons. These dudes should have bought in the minute he was hired, and the culture change should be completed by the Spring Game!

Advertisement
Changes are already being made and it shows but year 2 I believe where you will see the biggest difference , more golden specials will be gone and everyone else would have adjusted

If you have ever been in the military, you'll find out how fast your "culture" will change.

Advertisement
If you have ever been in the military, you'll find out how fast your "culture" will change.

I know all about the military, its not the same when your going into battle and its life or death.

I must have missed out.

They didn't send us into battle in basic training. Nor Advanced Infantry Training. Nor Jump School. Nor in SF training.

It won't take long. Some will change over several weeks, some maybe never will. And they'll be gone.

It's all dependent on your motivation. And there's two kinds of motivation.

"Culture change" is an engineered excuse to keep the heat off a new HC. If you can't get the players to buy in, then you're trash. They're young, impressionable guys who want to be led. If you can't lead them, then you're garbage.

We might not have the players to compete for a NC right away. But we have the players to compete for an ACC Championship this year. You'll hear about "culture" if we fail to do what we should do this year.

Agreed 100%.

Short of a we are Marshall, we will learn everything we need to know about Richt this year.

How long did it take Tom Herman to change the culture in Houston?

Those dudes were 5-7, 8-5, and 8-5 the immediate 3 years before he got there ... And they just finished the season ranked 8th in the country in his 1st season as a HC.

So, I think the culture change should be immediate for this team. Richt's got a .740 win %, and has been coaching for 15 years ... Finishing top 10 in 7 of those seasons. These dudes should have bought in the minute he was hired, and the culture change should be completed by the Spring Game!

To say the culture change should be completed by the spring game is foolish. Coaches and players are still adjusting to each other.
Yes Herman took over an underachieving 8-5 team turn them around going 11-1. Thats a great turnaround BUT now can Herman maintain this culture of winning big at Houston.
Thats what im really trying to ask a winning culture, where players bleed orange and green, knowing their playing for ACC Championships and playing in the CFB Playoff and being high draft picks..

I know all about the military, its not the same when your going into battle and its life or death.

I must have missed out.

They didn't send us into battle in basic training. Nor Advanced Infantry Training. Nor Jump School. Nor in SF training.

It won't take long. Some will change over several weeks, some maybe never will. And they'll be gone.

It's all dependent on your motivation. And there's two kinds of motivation.

No you didnt..
Where you deployed in Operation Urgent Fury- Grenda 1983?

I agree 100% on the motivation

Advertisement
Theres already been a culture change, got rid of all of Golden's defensive principles, which is a big deal.

Most of the players are THRILLED to have Mark Richt, so a "culture change" should be rather easy. These guys want to win. Golden, for all his suckitude, didn't bring in a lot of slackers. He brought in a lot of good, hard working kids. Only problem is he didn't know how to use them. Richt does, and the players won't be wringing their hands wondering what they are going to do now that they have to work. They were working under Golden, they just weren't working on the right things. There is a philosophy change going on, not a culture change. Golden did a lot right, but he couldn't win due to his broken, antiquated philosophy. His absolute refusal to admit he was wrong and make serious changes.

Again, Golden didn't have lazy players, so that culture isn't a problem. He just had his own stubbornness that lead to his failure, and ultimately his dismissal.

Advertisement

These players needs a serious mental,physical,attitude adjustment after being subjected to Goldenism
Richt understands a good staff is a prequiste for team culture, personality, accountability, and no doubt field performance
After seeing Richt's mat drills and high energy practices and how much his staff is pushing and teaching them is what going to bring forth the culture change Richt inspires.

How long?
When u hear coaches talking about changing the culture, its because they suck ***. Good coaches change stuff immediately. May not always show up in the wins and losses but everyone knows. Michigan is a prime example.

How long?
When u hear coaches talking about changing the culture, its because they suck ***. Good coaches change stuff immediately. May not always show up in the wins and losses but everyone knows. Michigan is a prime example.

What???

Saban went 6-6 his first year and talked about "changing the culture" frequently... It's a cliche but all coaches use it...

“I just want to say that the seniors were key in changing the culture inside our locker room,” Saban said. “They started after the bowl game and went through the offseason.

“I’m pleased with these seniors, and I want everyone to know that they should always be recognized as the group that had a tremendous amount to do with the change of culture here.”

Jimbo Fisher after first practice this year...

“A culture of dominance? That was about as far opposite of that as I’ve ever seen,” Fisher said. “There was no culture of dominance out there. You’ve got to want to do that. They didn’t want to be out there.”

“Guys need to find out if they like football,” Fisher said.

No, why am I changing?” Fisher said. “I ain’t changing a lick. I ain’t changing my standards. We’ve been the second-winningest team in the country the last six years. Why am I changing? I ain’t changing. They’re going to change to me. I ain’t making them happy. They’re making me happy.”

Guarantee the players will runthrough a brick wall for him...ACC championship will be a strong possibility for him...Unless he can recruit a Gurley, his recruit some 5 stars on D...that is the ceiling for him with his offense.

Advertisement
Back