How long have you been a Canes basketball fan?

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
I've been going to games since 2001-2002

Honestly I'm just as big a Canes basketball fan as I am football. What about you guys?

Advertisement
Since Foster started the program back up in 85, grew up wanting to be Kevin Presto (when I wasn't pretending to be a Georgetown guard, that is.) Started going to games once we moved into the Miami Arena, just a convenient "S" bus ride away from the Beach. Yeah, I'm older :p

I really started paying attention when we hired Hamilton. Loved those teams and their intensity.

Since the program came back. I was only 6 then but I begged my parents to take me to the Knight Center to watch games. Had one of birthdays there for a game against DePaul. Was at the old Arena when Danny Ferry had to score 50+ to beat us, and was there when we beat defending national champion Kansas. I follow basketball as closely as football.

Advertisement
Been following them since the return, went to a ton of games at the JLK, have actually never even been to the BUC.
I want them to do well, but I'm not a big basketball fan in general.
I follow the football & baseball team much more closely.

//unless they do really well this year, the I'll claim I never miss a game.:cool:

Last edited:
I grew up going to games in the Miami Arena in the 90's. I can still hear 'Constantin Popa!!' over the PA in my head.

I grew up as one. But I can't say I'm as big a basketball fan as I am for football, mostly because I don't really like college basketball. The only team I watch is UM, except for the tournament.

Advertisement
How long has it been since they beat michigan state?

I have never really followed to much because where I live it is impossible to, but I am a fan of all of miamis major sports.

I can't recall ever playing mich st in basketball. I'm sure it's happened but they don't play a lot.

Advertisement
since around the time I really became a 'Canes fan. I can't be a fan of a school in one sport and not another.

Robert Kite and Diaz. Those were my boys

First game I remember going to was against Pitt when we were about to upset them, but then we let Carl Krauser dribble down the court with 4 seconds left to get a layup to send it into overtime where they beat us.

Advertisement
Anyone remember when Hamilton was slow getting the guys out of a timeout and the refs handed the ball to Pitt for an easy layup and a win. Worst part was we had been slow out of a timeout earlier in the game and the refs had already warned us. I think Leonard had hair back then.

Have been a fan since the early 90's but didn't start going to games until I was a student in 2001. It's tough to follow them like I do the football team since hardly any games are televised here in Oregon.

Have been a fan since the early 90's but didn't start going to games until I was a student in 2001. It's tough to follow them like I do the football team since hardly any games are televised here in Oregon.

Most ACC games are on tv and all are on espn3

Advertisement
Back