How long have you been a Canes basketball fan?

Advertisement
Not to threadjack, but who is everyone's favorite player since they started following?

Mine are McClinton, Stink Norris, Steve Edwards and James Jones

Literally this year. I've always followed the football team and remember clips of Jack.. but never really followed religiously/watched every game until this year.

This board helped me out a lot and gave me a breakdown on all the players/recruits. Appreciate all the info fellas

Edit to reply to Notsince1985: Shane Larkin

Literally this year. I've always followed the football team and remember clips of Jack.. but never really followed religiously/watched every game until this year.

This board helped me out a lot and gave me a breakdown on all the players/recruits. Appreciate all the info fellas

Edit to reply to Notsince1985: Shane Larkin

thats what we are here for, my man

Advertisement
Was a casual fan in the early 90s and became more immersed in the basketball team after they made the tournament for the first time in forever in '98.

Advertisement
I've been going to games since 2001-2002

Honestly I'm just as big a Canes basketball fan as I am football. What about you guys?

Been going to games since the mid 90s. LOVED being in the Big East, honestly I didnt want to leave. We had sick rivalries with UConn and St Johns.

Advertisement
My first post here. Been a fan since 1983 and the incredible 1984 Orange Bowl. Originally from Jax but now I live in Japan and root for the Hurricanes from over here. Love all Hurricanes sports but since I'm a tennis coach I follow Hurricanes tennis loyally. Go Canes!

Since I saw Rick Barry back in the day. Team practiced in the long since gone ROTC Armory, near where the tennis stadium property is today.

Advertisement
my frosh year at the U was 1985, saw an ad in the Hurricane for student managers, I applied and with the help of a booster friend of the family spent my entire college career working with the team, been a junky ever since

btw, if you havent already join our hoops fan page, many former players there for ongoing discussion. here is the direct link https://www.facebook.com/groups/186103823788/

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back