How long do you give a new coach?

PCBcanefan

99 problems but FSU ain’t 1
Richt is 6 games in and many are calling for his head already. That's well short of what I think a new coach should deserve. I think you have to give a coach 2-3 years. Gives him time to get his recruits in and get the veterans up to speed on what he is trying to do with the system.
Like Strong at Texas, I think it is just about time for him to go.

How much time would you give a new coach?

Advertisement
If we were losing close games and guys were playing their hearts out and the other team was just better that would be one thing.

We're losing because the offensive scheme and play calling is an absolute abortion. We should be 6-0 right now.

Richt is 6 games in and many are calling for his head already. That's well short of what I think a new coach should deserve. I think you have to give a coach 2-3 years. Gives him time to get his recruits in and get the veterans up to speed on what he is trying to do with the system.
Like Strong at Texas, I think it is just about time for him to go.

How much time would you give a new coach?

Anyone with two eyes and half a brain knew Strong needed to go after his first year. It doesnt take 3 freaking years to see if a coach has it. Especially one with a 15 year track record for being the bridesmaid like richt.

Advertisement
It's more execution than it is scheme....too many times, the play call was good. Either a missed block, a dropped pass, or Brad not being accurate stalls the drive....Richt does need to change something, but this OL limits what you can do....we are going to have to recruit ourselves out of the OL mess ...that's a complete abortion

Advertisement
It's more execution than it is scheme....too many times, the play call was good. Either a missed block, a dropped pass, or Brad not being accurate stalls the drive....Richt does need to change something, but this OL limits what you can do....we are going to have to recruit ourselves out of the OL mess ...that's a complete abortion

Another former coma patient. The "wait till he gets his players in here" line got old after the 2nd failed coach of this century.

Nobody's calling for Rictch head as a HC, just as an OC

It's pointless to call for anything. He's gonna be here for the long haul. Banners, etc, will do nothing.

You're absolutely right because they gave Richt the keys to the program and he answers to absolutely no one. He can do whatever he wants.

Yes he can and that's why this is so scary.

I never thought it would ever be more disheartening to be a Miami Hurricane fan than after 2014 when Golden went 6-7 and kept his job. It would be another long winter, spring and summer with no hope. But you just knew that he couldn't hold on forever and once fall came and he continued to suck the admin would ultimately have no choice but to pull the plug.

I'm more disheartened now than I was then. There's no silver lining. As you said, they gave Richt complete control. He can do whatever he wants with no consequences. At Georgia, it took him FOUR YEARS to fire Willie Martinez as his DC despite the fact that it was obvious in year one he couldn't get the job done.

The only person who can hold Mark Richt accountable is himself. Let's hope that he somehow has a moment of clarity, sees that he's overmatched and swallows his pride and brings in an independent offensive coordinator. Because if he doesn't, this is going to be, and I can't believe I'm saying this after what we've been through, if he does not make any changes, this is going to be the worst period of football in Miami Hurricane history.

Another former coma patient. The "wait till he gets his players in here" line got old after the 2nd failed coach of this century.

Exactly.....as Dino Babers running up the scoreboard up north with straight scrub trash. GTFO you ******* homers.

theres only three head coaches that can do one to two year turn arounds saban fisher *** harbaugh n herman proved he can.

Advertisement

So fire him?

So fire him?

You can't fire him. That's why this is so bad. There's nothing that can be done.

So fire him?

never would have hired him. I mean we hired a guy who got fired from a program that objectively speaking hasn't won anything since 1980. We have won 5 titles since UGA was actually elite. And we basically rolled out the red carpet for the guy that wasnt good enough for them?? it makes us look like we have given up trying to be elite, like we accept we will no longer be what we were.

Advertisement
And by the way, if you think I'm overreacting when I say this will be the worst period in the program's history if Richt doesn't adjust, I'd like you to chew on this:

The ACC Coastal is not a dumpster fire anymore. There are legit coaches basically from top to bottom. Next year we play Notre Dame again. In 2018 we play LSU. 2019 we play Florida. 2020 we play Michigan State. The schedule is not going to be easy. We have a decent amount of talent on offense right now and we could be staring at a 5-7 or 6-6 season. With the upcoming year's schedules, that will be the norm. We will have a floor of 5-7 and a ceiling of 8-4. That will be the new normal at Miami.

If changes aren't made.

2018 is when the team should demonstrate a significant step forward. Kaaya was not his recruit. The OL needs to be built up. Some athletic DBs have to be recruited. In 2018, he will have the nucleus of a team composed of HIS players. Not saying they will win the NC in 2018. But, UM should be a legitimate top 8 by then. If not, then Richt has not matched expectations.

This isn't 6 games. I've seen this rodeo for the 6-8 years at UGA.

Nothing is going to change, Richt is who he is. Our only hope is Richt can build a team of All-Americans bc we aren't winning games on scheme or out coaching anyone. Doubtful that happens.

Exactly.....as Dino Babers running up the scoreboard up north with straight scrub trash. GTFO you ******* homers.

Honestly jealous of Syracuse, they have a schematic advantage and something to look forward to.

Advertisement
Back