How long do we keep Diaz?

Before this season, Diaz's career could be described as inconsistent at best. A majority of Miami fans were at least on the fence about his hiring. Texas was a dumpster fire and solid but unspectacular stints at Louisiana Tech and Mississippi State were all he had to hang his hat on. Now, after not even one season of improved defense at Miami, he's going to be some kind of hot coaching commodity? He's got to show a bit more consistency and recruiting prowess to get any type of head coaching offer. He's done a great job here so far but lets be realistic.

Advertisement
If he's smart he'll hang around till Rick quits or gets fired and get the UM job.

Taking a job like Purdon't or Illinois is a death sentence.

Taking a job like Central or Western Michigan is a step backward. Didn't Central Michigan's last HC Enos voluntarily leave that job to be OC at Arkansas?

Advertisement
If he's smart he'll hang around till Rick quits or gets fired and get the UM job.

Taking a job like Central or Western Michigan is a step backward. Didn't Central Michigan's last HC Enos voluntarily leave that job to be OC at Arkansas?

If needed Ritch can maybe throw the "HC in waiting" ****le his way and buy more time.

He's done a really nice job, but it will be a few more seasons before he is anointed one of the next up-and-coming head coaches from the coordinator ranks.

Advertisement
How long do we keep kul for? My opinion is Diaz will be gone after this year or the next. We should just promote kul if that happens, he deserves his shot for sure.

How long do we keep kul for? My opinion is Diaz will be gone after this year or the next. We should just promote kul if that happens, he deserves his shot for sure.

I don't think diaz is going anywhere

he's going to be having the time of his life out there over the next 2 seasons enjoying this monster that he has designed

Diaz has roots here .Its home. He has a great guy as a head coach Shalala is gone.Its all good .

Before this season, Diaz's career could be described as inconsistent at best. A majority of Miami fans were at least on the fence about his hiring. Texas was a dumpster fire and solid but unspectacular stints at Louisiana Tech and Mississippi State were all he had to hang his hat on. Now, after not even one season of improved defense at Miami, he's going to be some kind of hot coaching commodity? He's got to show a bit more consistency and recruiting prowess to get any type of head coaching offer. He's done a great job here so far but lets be realistic.

this board was in meltdown mode the day he was hired.

Advertisement

This. Diaz is a climber, no doubt, but I'm sure he thinks he can do better than a mid major to cut his teeth as HC. He has a unique opportunity to be a next in line kind of guy at his (theoretically) dream school. Five years here under Richt and then hoping to take over would be my guess. If this defense keeps up, though, in a couple years he'll be fielding P5 offers left and right.

Diaz is doing a great job BUT if he wants the huge payday, he should be smart and stick around a while. If a job opened this year pr next, it would not be a major school. If he waits and Miami becomes a powerhouse again, he will write his own ticket and set himself up for life.

Not everyone wants to be a head coach. He may be just fine as a defensive coordinator. Head coach are not as hands on most of the time. Diaz is a hands on guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Diaz and Kul both deserve raises.

Give Diaz a new title like assistant head coach and if he leaves, promote Kul Da Gawd.

He might get HC offers next offseason but he is not going to get any HC offers this offseason. Nor should he get offers yet. He's done a great job as DC this year but no DC is going to get HC offers after just 1 big year. If the defense remains this good in 2017 and 2018 then he'll be a hot HC candidate.

Advertisement
Back