How is this possible? 54 Rush Attempts, 0 Tackles For Loss

D

deleted1562

That's all you need to see to know that Golden & D'Onofrio's defensive scheme and ability to adjust (AKA "coaching") is absolutely terrible.

A high school team would figure out a way to accidentally stumble upon a tackle for loss if a college team ran 54 times against them, yet our scheme, play calling, and adjustments couldn't lead to a single play being blown up.

Is Nebraska really that much better than us? To the point where we can't get in the back field on 54 different plays? I find it hard to believe.

Our coaches simply put our players in positions where they can't succeed, minimizing the talent we have on this team. Zero aggression.

Regardless of what happens with this coaching staff in the short term, five years down the road when talented guys like Tyriq McCord, Artie Burns, Tracy Howard, Deon Bush, and Jamal Carter are having solid NFL careers after being drafted in late rounds due to sub-par collegiate production, it will be unavoidably obvious how terrible this coaching staff was.

Advertisement
0 TFLs....its mind boggling why we do the things we do on defense.

LOL at people thinking that more talent would solve the problem. You roll out the 2001 canes, and they would be extremely limited with Goldens/Doritos defense.

Advertisement
If your defense is passive and you are constantly outnumbered in the box, what do you think will happen. TFLs are not likely in that scenario.

It's purely reflective of playing 6-7 in the box and not asking your DL to penetrate, rather to hold their gaps.

Advertisement
It's purely reflective of playing 6-7 in the box and not asking your DL to penetrate, rather to hold their gaps.

@smillerdegnan: .@GoldenAl: "If you're zone-pressuring 60% of the time on 1st & 2nd downs, you're in 8-man fronts the whole time."

This may be a record for most consecutive rush attempts without a TFL....I'm not kidding.

Can someone look this up?

@smillerdegnan: .@GoldenAl: "If you're zone-pressuring 60% of the time on 1st & 2nd downs, you're in 8-man fronts the whole time."

Did we ever even once have an eight-man front the whole game? how about this year? I think I saw a few 5-man fronts but LBs still 6-8 yards deep and 2 defenders out wide to cover three WRs on a few plays when NU did actually pass the ball.

Advertisement
Show me some of these 8 man fronts.

******* Folden, he can't even keep up with the lies anymore.

This statistic has to be complete and utter BS. It doesn't count to have your safety split out on a slot WR, at a depth of probably 10 yds from the LOS, as having that guy in the box. Our safeties were either 15+ yards deep on the hashes, or they were lined up over WRs, several yards off, for most of the game. It also can't count to have your rush end or OLB 5+ yards outside the tackle or TE, often covering a slot WR, as having that guy in the box to stop the run. We were outnumbered in the box on seemingly every play.

Advertisement
I'm not sure why Nebraska ever threw the ball

that's what i was asking the nebraska fans i was sitting next to. i understand keeping us honest, but they could have legitimately run the ball on every play.

Notre Dame did it and won walking away. Not one adjustment made there either. Not one adjustment made against Wake Forest when they spread us out literally sideline to sideline and lulzed their way down to the end zones with ease. Now, one might call these incidents coincidences, but I highly doubt they are.

Has nothing to do with amount of people in the fronts, it's the alignment of the fronts.

VT and Duke exposed us in this fashion last year and Nebraska did the same. The coaches have seen this before. If you line up with two tight ends and a full back our run defense is above average to good.

As soon as u spread us out, we are screwed in the run game.

0 TFLs....its mind boggling why we do the things we do on defense.

LOL at people thinking that more talent would solve the problem. You roll out the 2001 canes, and they would be extremely limited with Goldens/Doritos defense.

The guys on our 2001 defense would have cut off Dorito's **** and shoved it up Al's *** before they would have agreed to play this stupid scheme.

Advertisement
Back