How is Peyton Matocha only a 3*?

The consensus here is that LeGendre was the better prospect?

Watch the film and decide for yourself. I'd rather have Matocha. Legrende is a big-armed kid with below average accuracy. He might be rated higher but that seems a result of Matocha not starting until this year.

Here's an article from Tex A&M's 247 site on Matocha. The writer calls him criminally underrecruited, and all the A&M fans are asking why he doesnt have more offers: https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-AM-Peyton-Matocha-128160553/

Legrende is Lowell Narcisse 2.0. Matocha might be the next Brock Purdy

Advertisement
Matocha only ranked 3 Dual Threat Qb spots below MJJr on 247.

Jon Richt treated that kid like he was the second coming of Tom Brady. I bet he still calls MJJr from unknown numbers and just hangs up after the kid says hello.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I liked his film but his arm strength was not that impressive which is why I would assume he is rated where he is at. That said, I liked his film.

Dorsey didn’t have much arm strength either and he turned out just fine. Not saying he’s Dorsey but I want a qb that can make great decisions and throw with touch and anticipation.

Advertisement
Hes probably a three star athlete because he didnt attend the camp circuit where he had to pay a ton of money to be able to get rated higher. I didnt know how that stuff really worked until i watched tj lsu dad on YouTube. He gave a very real breakdown of how they hand out ratings to kids who pay thousands of dollars on the camp tours.

He said that the ratings have little to do with game tape and competition, but more to do with spending money at the canps.

Of course i stopped watching his channel after we got thumped by lsu but his information still rings true. lulz.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His mechanics are better than Perry Martell and Weldon. He has great vision and accuracy! Williams and this kid have received solid coaching. The only concern I have is the level of competition. Martell is overrated but I like his passion and leadership skills. Canes can’t go wrong with the new offensive schemes and OC experience. No one in the quarterback room has proven he can be elite but Perry has demonstrated he can lead a team back from a 20 point deficit. Let the competition begin and best quarterback win on the field...not high school stats
Room is full of unproven commodities at the Division I level - Perry has done more to hurt himself than help himself, Weldon appears to be non-factor, Martell talks a good game will be interesting to see how he reacts to actual competition, Williams has done nothing to hurt his cause, and
appears to have a level of maturity above Martell. Let the competition begin and see who this team responds to

Dorsey didn’t have much arm strength either and he turned out just fine. Not saying he’s Dorsey but I want a qb that can make great decisions and throw with touch and anticipation.
Ask FSU if Dorseys arm was strong enough on the final drive in 2000...and the entire 01 game...

Advertisement
Back