How is Blake Baker viewed among the players?

I know you have. It's a good cover. NYSOM had a few different accounts that he had for a long time.
When do you think NYSOM jumped the shark tank? He was an annoying agitator as the Warren Zevon character. Then he got funny when he started with the “friend” thing and went somewhat ghey. But then he went non-stop fake ghey. I think he was at his best when he trolled angry posters before he went full fake ghey.

Advertisement
When do you think NYSOM jumped the shark tank? He was an annoying agitator as the Warren Zevon character. Then he got funny when he started with the “friend” thing and went somewhat ghey. But then he went non-stop fake ghey. I think he was at his best when he trolled angry posters before he went full fake ghey.
The ghey schtick got super hackneyed. He bit off my "nice crank" angle and just ran it into the ground x10000000.

I agree that his best incarnation was as the troll of angry posters. Although, he was really his best as just a regular contributor without all the cries for attention. He was actually a good contributor with a good sense of humor before he got consumed with his own schtick. Then, when he got snookered at the very end into getting on his knees and apologizing, it was a sad way for him to go out.

The standard is the fugging STANDARD!!! Championship Miami is the standard. That doesn’t get adjusted because Baker was hired away from Louisiana Tech!

30 points to FIU isn’t misleading. That’s what a Baker defense looks like. He has to get his **** together. That’s disgraceful.

In 2019 - Miami’s defense was the FIU game. Can’t get off the field on 3rd/4th. Can’t get stops in the 4th. Playing soft against inferior teams. The defense didn’t play well enough to win every game. UNC is an easy counter to that claim. If you claim otherwise, you’re just sticking your head in the sand. Defense started ****** and finished ******.

4&17.

If there wasn’t a problem with the defense, why in the fugg did Manny himself say there was - and he was getting involved? Come on, man.
This X 1,000.....

He went from Somewhat Ghey....
Too Non Stop Fake Ghey....
Too Somewhat Fake-ish get on your Knees Ghey....

Advertisement
The ghey schtick got super hackneyed. He bit off my "nice crank" angle and just ran it into the ground x10000000.

I agree that his best incarnation was as the troll of angry posters. Although, he was really his best as just a regular contributor without all the cries for attention. He was actually a good contributor with a good sense of humor before he got consumed with his own schtick. Then, when he got snookered at the very end into getting on his knees and apologizing, it was a sad way for him to go out.
I told him he didn’t need any of that. He just enjoys a good troll I guess.

Enox was the worst OC in modern school history...

He should be way more hated on this board than he is, but surprisingly he isn't.

Jarren takes all the blame.

To be honest, if I had to play for that smug, delusional prick after the Richt and Son offense, I would be smoking a ounce of loud every day to cope too.

VT was able to sneak the same TE out for wide open catches THREE TIMES. (a long gain + 2 TD's)

One of them was a very clever play design where they sprinted the QB right and snuck the TE out left on a delayed release...and we were blitzing from the right so we had nobody over there to see the TE coming.
The other 2 TD's were simple play-action passes and we had NOBODY on the second level of the defense who was covering the TE. (on his second TD two guys were wide open) You can't give your LB's responsibility for covering TE's on play-action passes. They're in conflict. They're "run first" players thus they're going to step up on play-action. Once they do that, they lose the TE. Responsibility for covering TE's need to be placed on a box Safety. They're further back, can diagnose things better from that distance, and they're not "run first" players. Actually, their primary read is the release of the TE.

This is like...elementary **** though. Common sense. That's a lot to put on your LB's plate. Read run and cover the TE?
What do you even tell your LB's after that TD?
"You had the TE son!"
"Well coach, we got a run read."

As a DC, what's your rebuttal to that?

The most alarming thing is, why was there no adjustment? How was this same kid able to sneak out for THREE wide open TD's?
At what point do you say - "They're leaking the TE out on play action passes. We need to have a Safety cover that guy." ???

Also, you can miss me with the turnover excuses.
There's no rule in football that says your defense HAS TO GIVE UP A SCORE after the offense turns the ball over.
YOU CAN STOP THEM! Like our old (great) defenses did.

Good defenses don't fold when their back is against the wall. Nothing is more demoralizing to an opponent than when you keep stopping them even after they obtain turnovers. You intercept our QB inside the 35 yard line and we STILL stop you from scoring, or hold you to a FG, that's frustrating.
Some of yall clearly don't understand the concept of a "DEFENSIVE SLUG FEST".
Your offense turning the ball over is never an excuse to allow 28 points in one half or whatever it was. Nah. (especially to a team that got beat by Duke 45-10)

Last edited:
Advertisement
VT was able to sneak the same TE out for wide open touchdowns THREE TIMES.

One of them was a very clever play design where they sprinted the QB right and snuck the TE out left on a delayed release...and we were blitzing from the right so we had nobody over there to see the TE coming.
The other 2 TD's were simple play-action passes and we had NOBODY on the second level of the defense who was covering the TE. (on his second TD two guys were wide open) You can't give your LB's responsibility for covering TE's on play-action passes. They're in conflict. They're "run first" players thus they're going to step up on play-action. Once they do that, they lose the TE. Responsibility for covering TE's need to be placed on a box Safety. They're further back, can diagnose things better from that distance, and they're not "run first" players. Actually, their primary read is the release of the TE.

This is like...elementary **** though. Common sense. That's a lot to put on your LB's plate. Read run and cover the TE?
"You had the TE son!"

The most alarming thing is, why was there no adjustment? How was this same kid able to sneak out for THREE wide open TD's?
At what point do you say - "They're leaking the TE out on play action passes. We need to have a Safety cover that guy." ???

There's no rule in football that says your defense HAS TO GIVE UP A SCORE after the offense turns the ball over.

Good defenses don't fold when their back is against the wall. Nothing is more demoralizing to an opponent than when you keep stopping them even after they obtain turnovers. You intercept our QB inside the 35 yard line and we STILL stop you from scoring, or hold you to a FG, that's frustrating.
Your offense turning the ball over is never an excuse to allow 28 points in one half or whatever it was. Nah. (especially to a team that got beat by Duke 45-10)

remember how for years TEs just killed us!!! Those smart guys we continue to hire still are not making the adjustments. Manny did but his successor didn’t

"You had the TE son!"

So you only put the blame on the play caller and not the Players? Also the LBs we were asking to cover the TEs if it wasn't a run were Senior who have played almost 40 games up until that point and I'm sure they game planned the TE play action all week before the game. Our LBs were fooled 3 straight times.

Let's look at the first TE TD

Shaq,Pickney and Finley all bit on a fake HB, TE Screen. It was absolutely pathetic none of them stayed in there assignment.

2nd and 3rd TEs are more of the same. LBs completely sell out and continue to blow their assignments.

So how do you blame the play caller when your Senior LBs completely blow their assignments?

Last edited:

That play is called leak. It's been around for awhile but now it's getting to the level over over kill that everyone is trying to use it. Kyle Shanahan uses it beautifully. Its thought process is usually simple. Run a play action and show a rollout. Have your player "leak" away from the rollout seeing as the defense will over compensate for all the other eligible recovers running back towards the rollout.

Plays at 4:44

Advertisement
So you only put the blame on the play caller and not the Players? Also the LBs we were asking to cover the TEs if it wasn't a run were Senior who have played almost 40 games up until that point and I'm sure they game planned the TE play action all week before the game. Our LBs were fooled 3 straight times.

Let's look at the first TE TD

Shaq,Pickney and Finley all bit on a fake HB, TE Screen. It was absolutely pathetic none of them stayed in there assignment.

2nd and 3rd TEs are more of the same. LBs completely sell out and continue to blow their assignments.

So how do you blame the play caller when your Senior LBs completely blow their assignments?
First of all, chief...you don't know their assignments. You're not on the staff and you don't know the play call.

Secondly, I EXPLAINED WHY IT'S ON SCHEME. It's like you didn't even read my whole post, you just immediately jumped to the defense of the coaches. I guess I'll repeat myself.

*Linebackers are "run-first" players.
*Their first steps when the ball is snapped are forward.
*If you give them responsibility for covering the TE, and the offense runs play action pass, they are going to lose the TE.

A Linebacker's first steps are always forward, especially if he's getting a run read.

WE HAD NOBODY ON THE SECOND LEVEL COVERING TE's ON PLAY ACTION PASS.
MULTIPLE TIMES!

If your Linebackers can't cover tight ends, put a Safety on him. It's that simple. Drop a safety in the Box, get an extra hat in the run game, and stop the TE from running free.

Last edited:
That play is called leak. It's been around for awhile but now it's getting to the level over over kill that everyone is trying to use it. Kyle Shanahan uses it beautifully. Its thought process is usually simple. Run a play action and show a rollout. Have your player "leak" away from the rollout seeing as the defense will over compensate for all the other eligible recovers running back towards the rollout.

Plays at 4:44

Right. I'm familiar with the concept. Good design, hard to stop.

But that's something you have to game plan for. Heading into VT week, if you know they run "leak" you have to be prepared for it in certain situations, especially on 3rd and medium in that territory. Perhaps they didn't see Virginia Tech run leak on film, I don't know. But there's no excuse for allowing that kid to get out of the backfield wide open on 3 separate occasions. On 2 of the plays we didn't even account for him at all, like we didn't even think they had play action passes in their playbook.

Advertisement
I remember commenting from the VT game (my seats are 11 rows up, right behind the D) that there was definitely a disconnect between the players and coaches in that game.

It seemed like the players were resentfully doing what was being asked. The following week Diaz said he'd be more hands on.

Don't know if he took over, tweaked or told the players to stop the f-ing moping and do their **** jobs, but with a few exceptions they played much, much better overall for the rest of the season.

It’s crazy to think the impact missed FGs had on us. Multiple missed FGs against UF (enough to win), multiple kicks against UNC (including the game winner), and multiple FGs against VaTech. That alone would of won us the coastal and likely got us a rematch against UF in the Orange Bowl!

It’s crazy to think the impact missed FGs had on us. Multiple missed FGs against UF (enough to win), multiple kicks against UNC (including the game winner), and multiple FGs against VaTech. That alone would of won us the coastal and likely got us a rematch against UF in the Orange Bowl!

And don't forget the Georgia Tech, that game was like playing spades with bags, could've won the same game a few times over if the there **** would just bid his hand!

Advertisement
Back