How has CV affected you & what are you doing for entertainment?

I live in Orlando but we go back all the time to fish. Cobia will be running soon. The other crazy thing about Crystal River is hardly any one has dual motors so not many people venture that far off shore. So if you got any numbers that are 30 miles off shore and out you just kill it. The rocks that you will find are usually slammed with great bottom fishing and its all to your self.

Advertisement
Look up east cape skiffs. My boy Kevin is half owner. They make some pretty sick skiffs and they just started making a sick bay boat which is insane . These guys really take the time on everything they do so when they hand you over a boat its 100%. But not cheap.

I live in Orlando but we go back all the time to fish. Cobia will be running soon. The other crazy thing about Crystal River is hardly any one has dual motors so not many people venture that far off shore. So if you got any numbers that are 30 miles off shore and out you just kill it. The rocks that you will find are usually slammed with great bottom fishing and its all to your self.
Please stop you are torturing me with your posts... you have no idea how bad I want to fish the west coast... whether inland or the grouper rocks outside. I had originally looked to move to the Sarasota area but could go north or south.

Please stop you are torturing me with your posts... you have no idea how bad I want to fish the west coast... whether inland or the grouper rocks outside. I had originally looked to move to the Sarasota area but could go north or south.
Go stay at the plantation for a weekend and you will be hooked. If you want to book a guide ill hook you up with who to go with. But the river is insane. The manatees are a bit of a pain but they are also really cool so its one of them deals. Where do you live now.

Go stay at the plantation for a weekend and you will be hooked. If you want to book a guide ill hook you up with who to go with. But the river is insane. The manatees are a bit of a pain but they are also really cool so its one of them deals. Where do you live now.
The Republic of Miami!

Advertisement
Mangrove fillets ready to be fried... the Keys are presently closed to non-residents so getting more has to wait.
1.jpg

Advertisement
My bad they still need to be de-boned (as you probably noticed) before frying. Bowl of grits are out of the picture.
My grandmother on my fathers side made grits with every single meal. I ate so many blue gill when I was young it was insane. Blue gill with grits and collard greens with my grandfathers home made vinegar green pepper sauce. He would grow his own peppers then put them in mason jars and do that whole seal them preserve them deal. He had a green thumb for sure.

Grits for breakfast and grits for dinner... you can’t go wrong.
I made cranked up loaded yellow rice tonight with fried chicken tenderloins and tender roasted pole beans... everybody gave me two thumbs up.

Advertisement
True, plus we don't use ATM's, bank on line. still write checks, do not use kindles, & have limited knowledge of electronics, don't stream nor use smart phones, but we do get out & vote (I now do it by mail).
C'mon, DC.

I don't know if I believe any of this. I've read too many of your posts to learn that you're pretty savvy and are "with it." You're obviously very intelligent and I suspect can still learn new stuff. Give it a try.

You've got ten years on me, but I've just bought my second Kindle, my third IPad is waiting for me to pick up at Microcenter, had perhaps 8-10 smartphones, built a PC twenty years ago....I know you're pretty sharp.

Can your 29 year old grandson get you started?

So glad you came through the heart surgery well.

Best wishes for continued good health.

I grew up in Cape Coral....my home was on a Canal...and could catch Snook all day long....Amazing Fishing I had growing up...
When I was a kid snook was the ne plus ultra of game fish. Also an excellent eating fish, but back in the day, it was illegal to commercially fish for it. It also had a minimum limit for keeping of 18 inches. If I recall correctly, it is a smaller cousin of another great fighting fish, the tarpon. Both like to hang out around mangrove swamps and don't like to go on long runs (like bonefish, I think). Instead, snook and tarpon fight through short runs, and are twisting leapers. They will run around the mangroves, which can tangle your line. Unlike snook, tarpon are not for eating, just fighting.
love grouper, never had snook.

I envy you guys from Florida having access to so many waterways and fishing. Up here in Pennsyltucky it's trout and bass, and many places I wouldn't eat the fish where I caught it from.
People in north Florida used to claim they were the large-mouth bass capital of the world. Florida is probably unique in having great saltwater and freshwater fishing. But my experience is from my childhood, 60 years ago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
C'mon, DC.

I don't know if I believe any of this. I've read too many of your posts to learn that you're pretty savvy and are "with it." You're obviously very intelligent and I suspect can still learn new stuff. Give it a try.

You've got ten years on me, but I've just bought my second Kindle, my third IPad is waiting for me to pick up at Microcenter, had perhaps 8-10 smartphones, built a PC twenty years ago....I know you're pretty sharp.

Can your 29 year old grandson get you started?

So glad you came through the heart surgery well.

Best wishes for continued good health.

Well, I admit that I just learned to facetime so I can see as I talk with my younger Son & family in St.Pete, but the rest is totally true except that I do have an ipad. I tried a kindle, but prefer holding a book in hand.

Advertisement
Back