How has CV affected you & what are you doing for entertainment?

Man, do I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove jerk chicken. Used to date a girl from Belize (don't know why we didn't get married.........oh that's right, she was crazy as ****)

Anyways....her family was all in to the West Indie Cuisine. Man, they introduced me to jerk chicken (the wet rub like you said), and jerk french fries to go w/ it (dry rub).....legit almost asked for her hand in marriage right then in and there. (besides her 48 F chest and small waist)

Been offline since yesterday. Either something went bad with my modem or my router, luckily I had upgraded last week and had a new Netgear modem and Linksys Velop system delivered. All good to go!!

Yeah, if you don't mind from a jar instead of making your own rub, Walkerswood is excellent. It's got a kick, the more you put on the hotter it is, so you can kind of regulate the heat.

Advertisement
Thanks for the alternatives, you seem to be a great cook... the problem is that I love heat, so I indulge when I go to restaurants... also I love okra and slime too.... plus she doesn't like sausage either... she's actually a major pain when it comes to food, I tell her all the time and she agrees.
Getting back to the shrimp creole and grits, she loves it when I make it. I sauté the usual: onions, bell peppers, garlic, various dry spices, parsley, white wine reduction, lemon zest. The tomato sauce I use is a little marinara sauce which I usually have an open bottle of good stuff in the fridge. I use only fresh jumbo shrimp and for flavor I add fresh juice-filled little neck clams. My trick and one of my secret ingredients is approx. one teaspoon of the stuff below... not too much so she doesn't feel real heat but instead just a little sweet spice.
If you put the okra in during the last 5 min of cooking you wont get the slime. My boy is DJ Trashy and hes from New Orleans. He use to be a duck and fishing guide so hes got all that old school real southern cooking on point. He taught me about the Okra.

This place has gone from Jerome Brown to Martha Stewart.

That said, I'm dying to get to this shrimp and grits recipe. I just haven't found the right size shrimp yet and haven't really shopped since this started.

21-28 count shrimp should be perfect but its not like you need a specific size. If your able to get them, gulf shrimp are amazing as they are super sweet.

Been offline since yesterday. Either something went bad with my modem or my router, luckily I had upgraded last week and had a new Netgear modem and Linksys Velop system delivered. All good to go!!

Yeah, if you don't mind from a jar instead of making your own rub, Walkerswood is excellent. It's got a kick, the more you put on the hotter it is, so you can kind of regulate the heat.
Do you have Comcast?

Hey brother, my father passed in 2001 at age 81, and my father-in-law passed two years ago... he was also 93. If you were touched by your FIL as I was then you are also blessed... I loved him like a father for many reasons... and when sweet memories of them creep up into your heart out of nowhere, you then know that they were special people in your life... and they will be missed.
Thanks grunt! Sorry for your losses. Great insight and perspective. Anyone that lives to ripe old age of 93 surely has the opportunity to make an impression on us young fellas. MY FIL did just that as well.

Thanks again. Take care and stay safe my friend.

Advertisement
21-28 count shrimp should be perfect but its not like you need a specific size. If your able to get them, gulf shrimp are amazing as they are super sweet.
I remember getting shrimp right off the boat in Cape Coral when I was a kid. They were great. We have a local seafood market that I'm sure has just the right shrimp. They're still open, but I went to school with one of the family and he's an *******, so I'll check Publix.

If you put the okra in during the last 5 min of cooking you wont get the slime. My boy is DJ Trashy and hes from New Orleans. He use to be a duck and fishing guide so hes got all that old school real southern cooking on point. He taught me about the Okra.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Actually you're right about using smaller shrimp than jumbo for sauce dishes since you get a better shrimp to sauce ratio. I just hate cleaning large amounts of shrimp when having a bunch of people for dinner... with a bad back the kitchen can be stressful when you have everything else to prepare.

I remember getting shrimp right off the boat in Cape Coral when I was a kid. They were great. We have a local seafood market that I'm sure has just the right shrimp. They're still open, but I went to school with one of the family and he's an *******, so I'll check Publix.
Dude don't get these "wild" Argentina pink shrimp they sell at Publix.... they're cheap but they suck. I am absolutely sure they add a chemical preservative to them cause they have a peculiar bad taste and smell. Down here in Miami one of the best places to get shrimp and all seafood is Captain's Tavern.

Advertisement
My 93 old father-in-law passed away this morning. Not Covid-19 related. He'd been in a nursing home for 2 weeks and the hospital 2 weeks prior. None of us had seen him for 3 weeks - including my mother-in-law - due to them being on lock down. It was a blessing and a curse for my mother-in-law. She had to stay home and rest but worried constantly.

The main reason I'm sharing this is to shed some light on just another way this **** virus affects us in many unseen ways.

Keep your chins up my friends! This too shall pass.

My condolences to you and your family...very sorry to hear

Comcast/Xfinity, yes..
For what it's worth when I got sick and tired of the Comcast's garbage modem/router tower rental... I got a little Zoom modem from Amazon, have it for years and it's great. But I first got a Asus router ($70) and it started acting up and drove my crazy cause I couldn't pinpoint where my problem with freezing/slow was. I finally upgraded to a $250 Linksys WRT 3200 last year when Best Buy had it for $179 and I'm very happy with it... no more cheap weak routers for me.

For what it's worth when I got sick and tired of the Comcast's garbage modem/router tower rental... I got a little Zoom modem from Amazon, have it for years and it's great. But I first got a Asus router ($70) and it started acting up and drove my crazy cause I couldn't pinpoint where my problem with freezing/slow was. I finally upgraded to a $250 Linksys WRT 3200 last year when Best Buy had it for $179 and I'm very happy with it... no more cheap weak routers for me.

Ha! I had an Asus router..it actually wasn't awful when I first got it..it was 7,8 years old? Last couple days the wifi got sketchy, then last night just stopped working. This morning I installed the Netgear modem and the Velop system, I have a node on every floor, seems to work awesome.

Ha! I had an Asus router..it actually wasn't awful when I first got it..it was 7,8 years old? Last couple days the wifi got sketchy, then last night just stopped working. This morning I installed the Netgear modem and the Velop system, I have a node on every floor, seems to work awesome.
Same here at first it worked ok just limited wifi coverage... but like you it started going bad and it drove me crazy until I assumed it was the culprit.
But the biggest revelation that I stumbled upon was this. I was getting tired of my computer's performance and I went to BestBuy to look for a new computer... a young guy in computers tells me just try and put a new SSD hard drive in my 4-1/2 year old Dell tower. So I bought a 250 gig SSD at BestBuy($40) since I'm not a gamer I don't need a large HD, and I had a new Windows operating system installed ($145)… brother, my old computer is much faster than when it was new with this Solid State HD, and I saved a lot of money too. I'm finally a happy camper.

Advertisement
Working from home since 3/13. IT for studio in LA. Work load is light, since everyone is moving their spring-summer release schedule to late summer and beyond, TBD. Catching up on reading, working out at home instead of the gym. Cooking more than I used to.

Stay well everyone.

Same here at first it worked ok just limited wifi coverage... but like you it started going bad and it drove me crazy until I assumed it was the culprit.
But the biggest revelation that I stumbled upon was this. I was getting tired of my computer's performance and I went to BestBuy to look for a new computer... a young guy in computers tells me just try and put a new SSD hard drive in my 4-1/2 year old Dell tower. So I bought a 250 gig SSD at BestBuy($40) since I'm not a gamer I don't need a large HD, and I had a new Windows operating system installed ($145)… brother, my old computer is much faster than when it was new with this Solid State HD, and I saved a lot of money too. I'm finally a happy camper.

That's awesome.. nothing worse than a slow computer or wifi( 1st world problems lol). Next step for me is a new laptop, I don't really need a tower, one I have is also going on 8 years.

Advertisement
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Actually you're right about using smaller shrimp than jumbo for sauce dishes since you get a better shrimp to sauce ratio. I just hate cleaning large amounts of shrimp when having a bunch of people for dinner... with a bad back the kitchen can be stressful when you have everything else to prepare.
Oh I know about that back pain sitting at the sink cleaning shrimp. lol . Nightmare.

Dude don't get these "wild" Argentina pink shrimp they sell at Publix.... they're cheap but they suck. I am absolutely sure they add a chemical preservative to them cause they have a peculiar bad taste and smell. Down here in Miami one of the best places to get shrimp and all seafood is Captain's Tavern.
Ruby Reds are Very Good Shrimp....I go to Lombardi's here in Orlando....Great Selection....Got some Scallops there last week that were Crazy good...

I grew up in Cape Coral....my home was on a Canal...and could catch Snook all day long....Amazing Fishing I had growing up...

Ruby Reds are Very Good Shrimp....I go to Lombardi's here in Orlando....Great Selection....Got some Scallops there last week that were Crazy good...
In Miami haven't seen Ruby Reds sold as such. Where do they come from. Captain's Tavern usually has several real nice very fresh shrimp. I get fresh Fl lobsters there as well.

Advertisement
Back