How feeds work -you should read this

Andrew

All American
Administrator
It has become apparent that many users are struggling with recent changes to CIS. I want to explain how "Feeds" work and how they can be useful.

Their purpose
The purpose of feeds is to give users the ability to filter to content they desire. For example, in my screenshot I have filtered to view all threads in the "Eye In The Sky", "Football Recruiting" and "Gameday Discussion" boards. Any posts made within "Basketball", "Baseball", "Hidden Forums" (category), and "General" (category) will be hidden. In other words I won't see post from off-topic, COVID, moderator, and other boards not selected. The "Save" button allows users to safe their preference.

I hate it, what do I do?
Click "Forum list" and you will have the classic forum structure that has been in place since the mid 90's.

Ok, whatever; why did the forum names change?
We want new users and terms like "Eye in the Sky" are not commonly searched for individuals trying to find information on Miami football. It is also rarely used and in fact has only been mentioned in a post 577 times since this site was started. This includes mentions that are quoted. The most common name used to describe our football board is "football board".

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 9.49.53 PM.png

Advertisement
I'm good.

I want football news, I go to that forum.

I want recruiting, I go to that forum.

Mixing them altogether, not my cup of tea. Like email, I don't want them all mixed together into one feed.

Just personal preference and hopefully you can choose old or new when the dust settles.

I think you should've did a new version and for those who like the old setup of CIS could've chosen the old version if you were gonna make these changes.

Advertisement
By the way, thank you for all the work you do. I hate complaining, in particular when there's nothing malicious or ill intended with your work. You're just doing your thing, trying to improve things, and it sucks when there's negative feedback.

I'm sure some will love whatever you end up with. The most vocal are always those who complain. We'll get used to whatever.

Advertisement
I think you should've did a new version and for those who like the old setup of CIS could've chosen the old version if you were gonna make these changes.
That is possible when it comes to styles but not when it comes to features. Also I use an add-on to do so template changes to the OG styles and that is turned off when using the new styles, which messes up the OG styles a little bit.

Advertisement
If you are using feeds you can select to not see COVID in your feed. Obviously, you can also just never browse that board.
I don't care about any other complaints. Being able to turn that crap off makes me happy.

You get my vote for "good work"

Advertisement
It has become apparent that many users are struggling with recent changes to CIS. I want to explain how "Feeds" work and how they can be useful.

Their purpose
The purpose of feeds is to give users the ability to filter to content they desire. For example, in my screenshot I have filtered to view all threads in the "Eye In The Sky", "Football Recruiting" and "Gameday Discussion" boards. Any posts made within "Basketball", "Baseball", "Hidden Forums" (category), and "General" (category) will be hidden. In other words I won't see post from off-topic, COVID, moderator, and other boards not selected. The "Save" button allows users to safe their preference.

I hate it, what do I do?
Click "Forum list" and you will have the classic forum structure that has been in place since the mid 90's.

Ok, whatever; why did the forum names change?
We want new users and terms like "Eye in the Sky" are not commonly searched for individuals trying to find information on Miami football. It is also rarely used and in fact has only been mentioned in a post 577 times since this site was started. This includes mentions that are quoted. The most common name used to describe our football board is "football board".

View attachment 178194
bring back pages at top of the screen.

Advertisement
Back