How do you think our secondary will perform against Syracuse

Our secondary vs their passing game will be the biggest key to the game IMO. Our defense has struggled with zone coverage, in particular. There's been multiple times we've had a bust in coverage, especially our cover 2 zone. Syracuse like to get their WRs on vertical routes up the seam and on the boundary.

Hopefully Diaz simplifies it tomorrow. There's not enough time to make adjustments between plays.

Advertisement
Not worried about the secondary. I'm more worried about Diaz staying in base. If adjustments happen, they need to happen before the half

I don't understand this fear of Syracuse's offense

it's not like it's amazing or unstoppable, it's literally just fast

and they still run only as many plays as Duke AND Toledo ran against us

Advertisement
Secondary will be fine. LBs will need to reroute WRs or carry them to the next level to be successful in this game.

If we out there playing base vs their 4-5 wide. O boy.

Naw, Diaz said in a interview this week that every DB will have to play, even the freshman. That kinda sounded to me like we will be playing a lot of 5's & 10's

Last edited:
Watch out for the QB scramble! Rewatching the clemson game he scrambled for at least 80 yards. He will leave that pocket. Need to have a qb spy.

Advertisement
Our secondary vs their passing game will be the biggest key to the game IMO. Our defense has struggled with zone coverage, in particular. There's been multiple times we've had a bust in coverage, especially our cover 2 zone. Syracuse like to get their WRs on vertical routes up the seam and on the boundary.

Hopefully Diaz simplifies it tomorrow. There's not enough time to make adjustments between plays.

Ay. Dont panic

We have a front 7 that will be able to confuse their offense and that will be able to bat a bunch of balls down as they have all season.

Best way to beat a team like Syracuse is to disrupt their rhythm at the line and force their QB to do things he does not want to do.

Now to answer the OP's question I think our DB's can do enough to win this game but they also will give up some plays here and there as they have all season.
As long as they don't give up too many big plays or plays in the redzone we should roll.

Last edited:
It would be nice to stifle them from jump or atleast after one score. Our DTs will be key to this game. They will try to get rid of the ball quick. The quickest way to get pressure is right up the middle. We cn allow them to dink and dunk down the field.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
For real, I would like to see us come out the gate and be up by 14 after the 1Q. Get ahead and cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuse has given up 21 sacks and 48 TFL. Our front seven will make things a bit easier for the secondary. We need to finish drives on offense with touchdowns. We didn't against GT and it almost cost us. But I think our CBs can hang with their WRs with the pressure we will get. Syracuse will be behind the sticks an awful lot.

Advertisement
They will bend but not break. The turnover chain will make 2 appearances. GO CANES!!!

LOL at "us." You ain't fooling anyone, OP.
What's that supposed to mean?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

me-gif-25.gif

Advertisement
Back