How do you handle the current Qb situation?

I really want Kosi to start. The way he evades pressure one every 5 times only to always miss the deep ball is so much better than Jarren getting the ball off quickly and moving the chains more methodically.

Advertisement
I really believe the staff wants Jarren as the present and future QB of the program. Whomever starts against GT probably racks up a ton of stats. If K'kosi starts against GT it will be difficult to start Jarren in the next game. I want N'kosi to start because I think he gives up the best chance to win against FSU. Whomever starts against GT probably starts against FSU.

UVa is the #11 ranked defense in the country. UNC is the #52 ranked defense in the country and VaTech is the #56th ranked defense in the country.

Jarren played like trash against UNC, VaTech and Central Michigan’s defense... But some of y’all think that bc UVa only scored 9 points that somehow equates to Jarren Williams being able to win that game lol 🤡.

Jarren Williams is the type of QB that makes every game look harder than it is. That’s because he’s not ready to be a starter for a Power 5 team.

Uf defense trash or did I miss Something? We put up more points had more first downs and moved the ball better vs uf than we did vs uva. If we had that type of defense playing with Jarren that game in addition to the lack of penalties we easily win that game

You're too much of a Jarren fan to think straight, you're jaded by your dislike of Perry.

There's a clear cut difference in how the Offense operates with Perry at the helm as opposed to Jarren, you're placing bad play calling at the fault of the QB when it's Enos & the OL who's responsible for the dry spells offensively.

Watch the games. Perry delivers the ball decisively & make plays when the pocket break down under heavy pressure, he can make more higher degree of difficulty throws under pressure than Jarren can. Jarren simply couldn't pull the trigger on that final drive vs UF he was gun shy & wouldn't throw the ball, that wouldn't have happened with Perry, win, lose or draw he's going to sling it. And you're making a false equivalency with the "dink & dunk" comparison because we've seen Perrry plenty of times throw the ball all over the field on Deep passes, just because he didn't as much vs UVA as a result of the type of game Enos called doesn't mean he's incapable of doing it, we haven't seen it yet from Jarren on the other hand except vs UNC on one or 2 passes.

I get it he's a Georgia boy & you're all in with the home turf, but for RIGHT NOW Perry should be the QB until proven otherwise. If Perry has a bad game vs GTech then Jarren no question should start vs Pitt.

You always stick with the hot hand until it cools off.
I don't understand how 182 yards is "the hot hand". Perry played great vs. VT, but they have an awful defense and were playing with a gigantic lead. I think his performance there that is blinding a lot of people to his flaws. He's still got tunnel vision and can be careless with the ball. Even in the VT game he had a pick 6 negated by a flag.

Until Jarren is 100%, we need to roll with Perry. After that... I'm not so sure. Jarren has his weaknesses, but I think he's the better QB overall. I wouldn't be too upset with either choice as long as they perform, but I think Jarren's talent is being undersold.

Uf defense trash or did I miss Something? We put up more points had more first downs and moved the ball better vs uf than we did vs uva. If we had that type of defense playing with Jarren that game in addition to the lack of penalties we easily win that game

lol Florida only scored 24 points.... Miami won time of possession 36 mins to 23 mins.

The defense did their job, Jarren didn’t do his...

4th quarter last drive of the game Miami failed to convert on 4th down and 9 after Jarren takes a sack.

But Romeo Finley saves the day with an interception giving Jarren another opportunity to win the game but here is how that played out...

• 1st & 10 at FLA 24
    (0:40 - 4th) Jarren Williams pass incomplete to Mike Harley
  • 2nd & 10 at FLA 24
    (0:35 - 4th) Jarren Williams sacked by Kyree Campbell for a loss of 2 yards to the Fla 26 Jarren Williams fumbled, recovered by MiaFl
  • 3rd & 12 at FLA 26
    (0:20 - 4th) Jarren Williams pass incomplete
  • 4th & 12 at FLA 26
    (0:12 - 4th) Jarren Williams pass incomplete

And if it wasn’t for the two bail out pass interference calls the offense wouldn’t have made it that far up the field. This is what you get from Jarren... always comes up short.

Advertisement
Think you have to start Kosi. If he goes ineffective like he did against UVA then I bring Jarren in for a series or two, especially if my defense is playing well. If Jarren shows a more willingness to run, then it will make things interesting. We need a real dual threat QB right now. Have to keep these defenses honest

I don't understand how 182 yards is "the hot hand". Perry played great vs. VT, but they have an awful defense and were playing with a gigantic lead. I think his performance there that is blinding a lot of people to his flaws. He's still got tunnel vision and can be careless with the ball. Even in the VT game he had a pick 6 negated by a flag.

Until Jarren is 100%, we need to roll with Perry. After that... I'm not so sure. Jarren has his weaknesses, but I think he's the better QB overall. I wouldn't be too upset with either choice as long as they perform, but I think Jarren's talent is being undersold.

As a whole the biggest thing is mobility and Enos being stubborn, if we ran a spread offense Jarren would shine but thats not the case. I know that Jarren can run unlike Kaaya, but he hasnt shown any mobility yet. The biggest play of the UVA win was the 4th & 7 conversion. Jarren would have stayed back there and gotten sacked. In fact, that is Jarrens biggest weakness, I have not seen so many coverage sacks in my life than when he is chlling back there (I know our Oline sucks but he doesnt help them). Also, you can't discount that Kosi literally has our only meaningful win

i was team jarren/tate, and had distrust of Kosi (maybe just based on dumb play and off-field stuff from last year). IMO this team is playing better with Perry, so you ride him until they don't (which hopefully they continue to improve with him and he's a stud) In the end, all that should matter is wins on the board. A safe QB is not the answer with this OL..

Reading Between the lines it’s clear that Diaz and Enos believe Jarren is the more gifted quarterback with a higher ceiling. But with our offense of line we simply cannot run the plays that would allow him to be the most successful. N’kosi’s ability to scramble and avoid the pressure is clearly what gives us the best chance to win now. But how can you manage your personnel (keeping them from transferring) if your most talented QB is not the QB with the best of succeeding with the current team???

Do you change Your offense and offense of philosophy to help jerren? Or do you keep The offense as is installed with a more elusive N’kosi? Knowing your decision will likely lead to the other qb transferring?

Long version covered here; short version—Miami is in a quarterback quandary right now, like it or not.

I would start Perry,1000% based on the offensive line issues—as the Canes need to win football games.

This is bigger than Jarren Williams or N'Kosi Perry; if one chooses to transfer over this, so bet it.

This program is 100-73 dating back to the 2005 Peach Bowl and can't keep racking up 7-6 seasons and selling that **** to recruits.

Whatever it takes to win games now, you have to do it—as the different between 7-6 and 8-4 (or even a miraculous 9-3) gives Diaz and the staff something to sell recruits; we're on the mend as a program, we're getting better, we need more guys like you, etc.

Fact remains, Enos (obviously) needs a better offensive line to have Williams running the plays he wants this offense to run. Without that, Williams is a sitting duck—where Perry's mobility gives the offense a chance to stay alive and some magic to happen.

Cannot continue to get teed off on back there, worst in the nation in sacks given up. That's just criminal.

Advertisement

182 being the "hot" hand gives an idea of where Miami is right now.

After the first drive until the 4th quarter - Miami had 6 drives, 23 plays, 35 yards, 1 First Down. And that's with UVA's best defensive player being out. I think the win should be credited to the defense.

That being said - N'Kosi came up big when he had to in the 4th quarter and got a win over a ranked team. He also rallied the team against VT.

N'Kosi can maybe make 1-2 plays more down the field that Jarren doesn't. Jarren maybe makes 1-2 intermediate throws to keep drives alive that N'Kosi doesn't. N'Kosi is probably more likely to throw and INT. Jarren is probably more likely to fumble. N'Kosi makes some plays with his feet Jarren doesn't. It's using different tactics to get to pretty similar results.

I'd go with N'Kosi - but it's not really a case of going with his "hot" hand. It's more like going with N'Kosi's "luke warm" hand over Jarren's "room temperature" hand.

Last edited:
182 being the "hot" hand give an idea of where Miami is right now.

After the first drive until the 4th quarter - Miami had 6 drives, 23 plays, 35 yards, 1 First Down. And that's with UVA's best defensive player being out. I think the win should be credited to the defense.

That being said - N'Kosi came up big when he had to in the 4th quarter and got a win over a ranked team. He also rallied the team against VT.

N'Kosi can maybe make 1-2 plays more down the field that Jarren doesn't. Jarren maybe makes 1-2 intermediate throws to keep drives alive that N'Kosi doesn't. N'Kosi is probably more likely to throw and INT. Jarren is probably more likely to fumble. N'Kosi makes some plays with his feet Jarren doesn't. It's using different tactics to get to pretty similar results.

I'd go with N'Kosi - but it's not really a case of going with his "hot" hand. It's more like going with N'Kosi's "luke warm" hand over Jarren's "room temperature" hand.
This is a fair take

Advertisement
Back