How do you get beat by the same counter running play over and over and never adjust?

Canenable

Recruit
Was nobody getting it in the first quarter when the same play kept busting us up? How about the second quarter? You really have to give up 600 yards rushing before you can figure it out? Mack Brown may have fired Manny once before, but he sure as **** should count this one as the second time, now the only question is how many years will it take our administration to sell this poorly performing stock that will lose them money each year from now until it is sold? If this BOT and administration ever did anything timely or proactively it would be the first time, these have to be the most clueless people on the planet.

Advertisement
They actually never figured it out. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever watched. They literally shot the wrong gaps every time. Defensive Ends never contained the edge. We need LuCane or someone to explain how this possibly could have happened for the entire game.

Advertisement
Our staph full of idiots tried to out think the room and obviously failed miserably. A counter play is something that pop warner coaches can teach how to defend. Its one of the oldest plays in the book. UNC didn't even put a wrinkle in it. They just ran one of the most basic, oldest running plays in football history over and over again. Our bum coaches refused to figure it out. This is all on corching and preparation. We have amateurs. UNC does not have great coaches but they at least have P5 level personnel.

What I saw last night was the most disgusting performance since the last game at the OB. This team and program is a joke right now. Manny has to make some major changes. He must bring in a REAL DC.

Advertisement
They actually never figured it out. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever watched. They literally shot the wrong gaps every time. Defensive Ends never contained the edge. We need LuCane or someone to explain how this possibly could have happened for the entire game.
They actually thought they were playing dook again

Apparently, we corched up our DE to “wrong shoulder” UNC’s pulling lineman to take away the inside gaps, spilling the play to the guys on the 2nd level. It’s an effective strategy when you playing vs. a team running the counter from under center. Doing that Vs. a team in the shotgun is like ****ing in a **** hurricane (no pun intended), because the pulling UNC OL can see and pin the “wrong shouldering” DE’s inside, therefore taking away the edge setting DE’s. Usually when u play this technique upfront, you need an OLB or a Low Safety to replace the DE as the Edge guy. Unfortunately, Our LB play is some of the worse I’ve ever seen on any level, and that’s being nice. Our Safety play Vs. the run ain’t too far ahead of our LBs. Soooo, that left us with no edge players vs. the counter. Couple that with ****** ILBs that can’t seemingly see a **** thing, and you get records set on your ***. It was like the UNC RBs was in competition to see who could turn the corner the fastest. I knew this “technique” had to be CORCHED all week, because our guys kept freaking doin it. It honestly looked like Our DL had a different game plan, than the rest of the defense! Bad look. BB/MD defense has to gtfo. That was horrible to watch.

Advertisement
Being a defensive guy, that **** was hard to stomach. I’m screaming at the **** TV, like an old black lady watching, The Price Is Right! My wife thought I was about to rip the **** TV off of the wall.🤮🤢🤮

They came into the game with no plan. Every play on defense was a guess. If they watched the Notre Dame game it was obvious that you stop the run you neutralize their offense. Stack the box and live with whatever Howell does through the air.

Advertisement
They came into the game with no plan. Every play on defense was a guess. If they watched the Notre Dame game it was obvious that you stop the run you neutralize their offense. Stack the box and live with whatever Howell does through the air.

They live in an eternal fear of being beaten over the top so they choose the later and give up 700 yards on the ground. This was institutional treason!!

Advertisement
Back