How do we sign only 3 DTs when there are only 3 on the team?

uncw305

Redshirt Freshman
I just don't understand how there cannot be backup plans in place. We only have 3 DT's on the current roster. 3!

And it's the same story every year since Golden got here. Golden recruits consistently in the top 5 in the nation, but can't sign a DT to save his life.

The DLine's here used to be epic and what gave the U its identity. If DT recruits don't want to come here there has to be a reason. You would think Golden would do something about it.

Advertisement
Do you really want to sign back up plans? We need difference makers. The fact we can't bring in some stud DTs when we are in desperate need of them is very disconcerting.

Grades.
Handlers.
Fake high schools.
ACC rules.
Never offered.

And

636.gif

Of course

Advertisement
As discussed in another thread, we have plenty of bodies to run a 4-3. Its a 3-4 that we are going to be in trouble with.

Kamalu and Chick can both play inside in a 4-3. We also have Moore, King, Pierre, Hamilton, and now Huertelou. Not counting Jenkins and Moten coming in.

I think we can field a serviable DT rotation in a 4-3.

You realize that between Stuckey, Johnson and Wyche that 3 JUCO players whod play/start from day 1 didnt come because of grades but were all willing to sign with UM?

Advertisement
There is more than 3. Kamula played at 289 and they want him at 300 next season, jelani will be about 300 next year too. If they play more 4-3 next year and with no nt they will have to you would have inside kamula, pierre, jelani, moten, herteulo, moore, jenkins, king.

I hope we are communicating with all top 30 ranked DT's for next cycle.....

The funny thing is, we recruited almost ever guy at the top of the JUCO DT boards this year. And had interest or even commitments from almost half of them at one point. Stuckey had no grades. McDowell couldnt qualify for UM. Cory Johnson didnt want to take an online class. Now Wyche got jacked up by the ACC rule. Pelon we were a finalist for.

I mean its unreal that bad luck we have with qualifying issues trying to get JUCOs on.

I thought organization and preparation were touted as Golden's best attributes.

Don't lay all your chips on long shots. Do your homework. Only themselves to blame.

At least we can field a **** of a "almost team" from the JUCO ranks. That'll help us.

Do you really want to sign back up plans? We need difference makers. The fact we can't bring in some stud DTs when we are in desperate need of them is very disconcerting.

Oh baloney, what about Calvin Heurtelou and Anthony Moten? Every major program in the country wanted Moten. Huertelou had excellent offers from SEC, Pac-12 and Big Ten teams. Throw in K State who thrives off JUCOs. GTFO.

Everybody is in a tizzy because some kid on his fourth commitment, who is being HANDLED and who had to transfer for his senior high school season is not coming Miami. Nobody knows the circumstances of this kid's new love affair with LSU, but it doesn't smell right. There was a **** good reason why Randy Shannon walk out of Dwayne Bowe's grandmother's home. Last time I checked Oklahoma State is being investigated from activities under the Les Miles and Mike Gundy regimes. Maybe money doesn't have a **** thing to do with it, but you've got an SEC school involved. And Miami is on double secret probation.

Advertisement
Kamalu and Chick are D ends. Not even close. We've made Chick fat and slow just to have the depth there.

The rest of these guys can't play a lick. Moore, King, Hamilton. They wouldn't play on any team in the ACC.

Starting true freshman at DT is not going to end well.

You guys are missing the bigger point. THE COACHING!!!!!!

We had DTs this season, what happened? Porter, Robinson and Renfrow amounted to what.

Next season, Pierre, Heurtelou, King and Moore are all upper classman. Players like Kamalu, Chick and Hamilton can help out as well. Even if we landed Wyche, why are you so confident that he is the answer? How can you really tell?

Perhaps the problem is the coaching/scheme is **** poor. How can you really judge these guys (their talent) with the defense looking like it does?

As discussed in another thread, we have plenty of bodies to run a 4-3. Its a 3-4 that we are going to be in trouble with.

Kamalu and Chick can both play inside in a 4-3. We also have Moore, King, Pierre, Hamilton, and now Huertelou. Not counting Jenkins and Moten coming in.

I think we can field a serviable DT rotation in a 4-3.

I think this is God's way of telling Al that his defense is offensive and The Lord wants THE U to have its old 4-3 back. Maybe Father Leo is praying.

Advertisement
Well, we all know the defensive coaching/philosophy is horrible, but it's still always beneficial to the progrum to have talent at positions.

I think Moten is the first highly-coveted stud we've landed from the high school ranks.

Well, we all know the defensive coaching/philosophy is horrible, but it's still always beneficial to the progrum to have talent at positions.

I think Moten is the first highly-coveted stud we've landed from the high school ranks.

I agree and I actually think Jenkins will do well too. I always want the best kids but I see other programs grab a lot lower ranked kids than us CONSISTENTLY (as in every year) yet they somehow get to the BCS every year.

I don't think we develop these kids on the DL, I don't think we get the most out of them.

Oh baloney, what about Calvin Heurtelou and Anthony Moten? Every major program in the country wanted Moten. Huertelou had excellent offers from SEC, Pac-12 and Big Ten teams. Throw in K State who thrives off JUCOs. GTFO.

Everybody is in a tizzy because some kid on his fourth commitment, who is being HANDLED and who had to transfer for his senior high school season is not coming Miami. Nobody knows the circumstances of this kid's new love affair with LSU, but it doesn't smell right. There was a **** good reason why Randy Shannon walk out of Dwayne Bowe's grandmother's home. Last time I checked Oklahoma State is being investigated from activities under the Les Miles and Mike Gundy regimes. Maybe money doesn't have a **** thing to do with it, but you've got an SEC school involved. And Miami is on double secret probation.
What does that have to do with what I said. Is my statement incorrect, cause Golden himself would tell you its not by how he's been recruiting the position by trying to get some JUCOs in Miami. I have no problems with whom we are bringing in. But we need more difference makers and especially ones that can play right away.

I thought organization and preparation were touted as Golden's best attributes.

Don't lay all your chips on long shots. Do your homework. Only themselves to blame.

At least we can field a **** of a "almost team" from the JUCO ranks. That'll help us.

What else can they have done w/r/t the JUCO guys though? Other than NOT recruit them? We needed immidiate help at DT. We needed JUCOs. We recruited almost every one of the top 12 in the country. We were finalists or actually had commitments from almost HALF of those guys, and only ONE could freaking get into school.

At some point, you have to realize that the academic standards at UM are an issue that is going to continue to hinder this program. With the exception of Stuckey, the rest of those guys, are probably going to be able to get into major programs, but couldnt qualify at UM. That's an issue. You can blame the staff all day long, but I dont care who the coach here is, that problem is not going to change. The most valid shot at this staff, is that the failure to land a DT last year, put more urgency and need on JUCO this year, which because of the standards at UM, and f*cked up bad luck, has still left us short handed.

And for all the b.s. whining about Wyche, it doesnt look like the staff was sitting on its @ss and just counting on this kid anyway. We got Huertelou AFTER we already had Wyche committed. They also kept working on Pelon, McDowell, and supposedly have been recruiting Gaillard this whole time on the down low. The Wyche thing was going to f*ck us regardless of what the staff did.

Advertisement
Back