How do Manny's teams show up in zombie costumes for the beginning of so many games?

I have kind of an odd but maybe apt analogy for this. So, I'm a performing musician. I've had many teachers and mentors, both great and not so great. The great ones made me want to practice, made me want to work so thst when the performance came, I was as prepared as I could possibly be physically and mentally. At no time did I feel like anything they said the day of a performance actually affected my performance. The preparation happens weeks and months before. You can't just Harold Hill your way through gameday and expect to be great.
I am a professional musician as well! What do you play? This is spot on!

Advertisement
He is a snake oil salesman... that chit flies only for so long... kids catch on.
It is all talk..

They don't fear him or their loss of playing time.

I don't even give him that much credit as a salesman.

I've said it in a few articles and threads; he's a rah-rah guy that wants to be liked / accepted and not feared / respected. He's like an older brother or uncle who wants to be friends with the younger kids instead of a disciplinarily and authority figure.

WWE-style tacking dummies to start 2019 year when he took over, or playing slip-and-slide in the rain after surviving a sorry-*** Virginia team—he's just a big dumb kid out there; like when a teacher leaves one of the students in charge of a sixth grade class.

They don't fear him; agreed. If guys like Pope and Wiggins thought freshmen actually had a chance to take their jobs, these clowns wouldn't drop balls at the level they do.

I have kind of an odd but maybe apt analogy for this. So, I'm a performing musician. I've had many teachers and mentors, both great and not so great. The great ones made me want to practice, made me want to work so thst when the performance came, I was as prepared as I could possibly be physically and mentally. At no time did I feel like anything they said the day of a performance actually affected my performance. The preparation happens weeks and months before. You can't just Harold Hill your way through gameday and expect to be great.
IMO, You had leadership, and it appears our staff does not...just managers.

Advertisement
Manny looks to be a rah-rah type of coach. He obviously bleeds green and orange, seems to be a players coach, etc. One would think he'd have the team pumped and ready to go if he is infectious with his attitude in any way. Yet many weeks we found ourselves getting shell shocked in quarter one, then having to climb our way out of a big hole for the rest of the game.

Most of this board seemed to look at this as a positive for having the character to fight back in the wins. But win or lose, I don't ever remember a team consistently looking less prepared when the opening whistle sounds. That's an issue. This goes twice as much for Manny and his bi-week record. What's the disconnect between Manny's talk of great practices, big speeches, and fired up attitude and then the team coming out laying a giant **** until at some point they wake up to try and claw back a victory. Two years of this now. Will it be three? Is this 100% on Manny, or is this on this group of players? It seems to be a really bizarre problem that keeps rearing up with no sign of a fix, ala the bowl game zombie attack of quarter one.
I noticed we tend to win the coin toss most of the time and typically defer when we win and start out on defense like against Okie State. I think what you may interpret for lack of energy is simply being unprepared. Our kids usually are fighting their tails off but our schemes and prep are cr@pola . Eventually kids are going to be like... wtf?

For the record, I thought Lashlee called a good game against OK St. There were some wrinkles and interesting stuff that seemed new to the playbook. Unlike his counterpart, it appeared that his unit spent preparation time implementing some new things.

I'd love to see what he can do if he is here 3-4 years and has multiple players that have been in his system and understand him, the playcalls, scheme, etc. for the same period of time. Imagine Chaney, Knighton and the freshman WRs if he is still their coordinator in their junior season. Might be fun.

Manny looks to be a rah-rah type of coach. He obviously bleeds green and orange, seems to be a players coach, etc. One would think he'd have the team pumped and ready to go if he is infectious with his attitude in any way. Yet many weeks we found ourselves getting shell shocked in quarter one, then having to climb our way out of a big hole for the rest of the game.

Most of this board seemed to look at this as a positive for having the character to fight back in the wins. But win or lose, I don't ever remember a team consistently looking less prepared when the opening whistle sounds. That's an issue. This goes twice as much for Manny and his bi-week record. What's the disconnect between Manny's talk of great practices, big speeches, and fired up attitude and then the team coming out laying a giant **** until at some point they wake up to try and claw back a victory. Two years of this now. Will it be three? Is this 100% on Manny, or is this on this group of players? It seems to be a really bizarre problem that keeps rearing up with no sign of a fix, ala the bowl game zombie attack of quarter one.
MANNY IS A NOLE He’s not a hurricane hes a politically juiced in rah rah cheerleader who should be at temple.

OP: Miami too often looks unprepared in opening quarters, leading me to believe there is a general preparedness issue.

QP: there is some evidence that some other teams have had bad opening quarters.

Logicians everywhere: rolleyes
Manny and assistance can't seem to be able to breakdown opponents film to devise a logical game plan to attack their weaknesses. They make the desperate change once they finally are down by 3 scores. Manny has one of the most incompetent staffs in years besides Golden and crew.

We need to stop with we don't have talent BS. Every years it's "This is the class to bring us back" But after 2 years they sing the familiar song "we can't recruit talent"

This year we get 2 5 star recruits and a boat load of talent that most of the top SEC school were after. In 2 years we are going to hear the same song of we don't have the talent to compete. No one can make me believe NC recruit better talent than Miami. OST talent can't compare year in and year out.

Kids are not being coached up to improve from one year to the next. These kids perform much better straight out of high school than they perform when they become Juniors and Seniors. That means that once the assistance get their hands on them they degrade their talent to making their output average at best. Pope, Wiggins, Harley all were better their freshmen season than what they are now. Our LBs are nonexistent in games. If it wasn't for the younger guys we would be in deep dookie! Now watch next year the play of these younger guys (LBs who are performing way better then the upperclassmen) next year.

Bottom line is, Manny need to get people in here that are going to help him out and not his yes man! If he doesn't realize that then he will not last past next season.

Advertisement
This “fear” nonsense is just complete and utter bull****. Mack Brown just had 4 kids opt out a NY6 game to get ready for NFL careers. Good players. Whipped our *** with them. Were they good because they feared an 80 year old man? Such brainless excuse making for coaches not coaching and players not playing. As usual.

For the record, I thought Lashlee called a good game against OK St. There were some wrinkles and interesting stuff that seemed new to the playbook. Unlike his counterpart, it appeared that his unit spent preparation time implementing some new things.

I'd love to see what he can do if he is here 3-4 years and has multiple players that have been in his system and understand him, the playcalls, scheme, etc. for the same period of time. Imagine Chaney, Knighton and the freshman WRs if he is still their coordinator in their junior season. Might be fun.
if you look at his track record his year 2 offenses usually outperform year 1

Did u begin ur opening statement that “he obviously bleeds orange & green?”

That’s gotta be the most preposterous CIS statement I’ve heard. The dude’s a Nole.

Advertisement
you really need to focus on games against legit opponents. counting games against crap teams obfuscates the issues. In any case if you want to disagree with the point the OP made, your retort wasn’t a logically sound way to do it. that was my point.
Facts that's the only games I look at the ones with real opponents. That's when you are suppose to perform. That's why we all went nuts when we beat ND that year cause they were a legit squad. I don't get pumped up when we beat VT or those bum *** ACC squads. I barely scream anymore.....this year for me was let me see us vs Clemson and UNC. I said before the year began those were two losses. Clemson I almost predicted the score by one point UNC I just though matched up well and had a superior staff over ours.

If you are physical and can run (not a GT trash gimmick offense) with legit nfl guys u can carve this defense up. Bama will get so ugly I will rage beyond any rage known to man. I may die that day

Facts that's the only games I look at the ones with real opponents. That's when you are suppose to perform. That's why we all went nuts when we beat ND that year cause they were a legit squad. I don't get pumped up when we beat VT or those bum *** ACC squads. I barely scream anymore.....this year for me was let me see us vs Clemson and UNC. I said before the year began those were two losses. Clemson I almost predicted the score by one point UNC I just though matched up well and had a superior staff over ours.

If you are physical and can run (not a GT trash gimmick offense) with legit nfl guys u can carve this defense up. Bama will get so ugly I will rage beyond any rage known to man. I may die that day
I try to find things to do when I know we are playing because I don't want to die watching. I'm with you, we are wasting our emotions on some terrible coaching and performing on game day.

Manny is a politician. However, since he isn't smooth talking he couldn't get into politics. Next best plan? Have enough connections to get his dream job at UM.

There is no way in **** he sniffs this job if it wasn't for his connections. I'm done with the lispy wannabe.

Advertisement

I don't think people realize how big of a jump the offense made in Lashlee's 1 year here.

2019- 22.6 PPG/99th in the country
2020- 34 PPG/26th in the country

He wasn't perfect by any stretch and there will be some questionable play calls every now and then but he's a legitimate top 10/15 OC in the country and will be a HC one day. He made that big of a jump with no spring and a bunch of rejects at WR that couldn't catch anything along with a mediocre OL that couldn't get a push when he needed them to. Next year (assuming King is back in the fall as projected), we should take another jump into the top 15 with a better OL and new WRs.

His timing on wrinkles was pretty spot on and once we get an OL that can help him set up plays (gaining 4-5 yards on a basic run play versus a TFL) those wrinkles will be even more effective.

I try to find things to do when I know we are playing because I don't want to die watching. I'm with you, we are wasting our emotions on some terrible coaching and performing on game day.
I barely watch man.i was streaming games on YT this year I did one game and couldn't finish the stream. I don't do it for follows or likes I genuinely love the football team. It's my number one team and with a **** product I can't watch it it's not UM football to me. When I see bama Clemson OSU that's what I grew up watching. People say change teams and I'm not a fake fan u love who u love. I almost grounded my son cause he said I didn't know u hated bama I'm going to root for them.....just to troll me. I said I will fuq u up kid don't fuq with me....he was like it's that serious? I'm like yes it's that serious....u want that iphone smashed? No. Then stfu

Old school parenting

I have kind of an odd but maybe apt analogy for this. So, I'm a performing musician. I've had many teachers and mentors, both great and not so great. The great ones made me want to practice, made me want to work so that when the performance came, I was as prepared as I could possibly be physically and mentally. At no time did I feel like anything they said the day of a performance actually affected my performance. The preparation happens weeks and months before. You can't just Harold Hill your way through gameday and expect to be great.
Spot on.

you really need to focus on games against legit opponents. counting games against crap teams obfuscates the issues. In any case if you want to disagree with the point the OP made, your retort wasn’t a logically sound way to do it. that was my point.
I think it can be as simple as, we aren’t at the level at our legit opponents. I’m guessing we are talking UNC, Clem, OSU..in 2019 I ageee it was a heavy trend but this szn I don’t feel it was that way in majority of the games this szn..we are not a dominant program rn. That’s a big part of it. The talent gap is not as wide especially along the LOS ..

I also think on D baker and manny try and feel out the opponents approach. But teams in 2020 and beyond are gunna move the ball. If that’s early u have to overcome it Good teams will put up points. Games will have momentum changes. Against Clemson on the road dwn 21-10 after a TO u have to cash that in. In the bowl those contested catches have to be made. Why we are beating this dead horse as tho this a CFP caliber team is beyond me tho.

Advertisement
Back