How do Manny's teams show up in zombie costumes for the beginning of so many games?

It's coaching. It appears to me that we are often surprised at the beginning of games. That goes to preparation. It does seem that this staff is able to make adjustments (sans the UNC game) through the game so that's a plus but it also appears to me that other teams are able to dictate the course of the game better than our guys.
THIS. In game adjustments are good, but we all too often show up unprepared. Especially our Defense. And poor preparation is on the coaching or lack thereof. Which speaks to a DC who does not spend enough time analyzing opposing offenses and scheming accordingly.

And if Manny thinks he can be the head coach and part time DC, then he's high and next year will be his last.

GET A DC GURU WHO LIVES, EATS, BREATHES AND ***** DEFENSIVE PREPARATION WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT AND DEMANDS NOTHING LESS THAN EXCELLENCE FROM HIS PLAYERS. Any time your OC is more fiery and gets in the faces of his players more than the DC, then there is something wrong.

Advertisement
It's pretty simple...when the coach is scared the team is scared....Manny always looks nervous as ***** with a deer in the headlights expression....he ain't built for this $h!+...

I barely watch man.i was streaming games on YT this year I did one game and couldn't finish the stream. I don't do it for follows or likes I genuinely love the football team. It's my number one team and with a **** product I can't watch it it's not UM football to me. When I see bama Clemson OSU that's what I grew up watching. People say change teams and I'm not a fake fan u love who u love. I almost grounded my son cause he said I didn't know u hated bama I'm going to root for them.....just to troll me. I said I will fuq u up kid don't fuq with me....he was like it's that serious? I'm like yes it's that serious....u want that iphone smashed? No. Then stfu

Old school parenting
I logged on just to up vote this. That's how I roll too.

I barely watch man.i was streaming games on YT this year I did one game and couldn't finish the stream. I don't do it for follows or likes I genuinely love the football team. It's my number one team and with a **** product I can't watch it it's not UM football to me. When I see bama Clemson OSU that's what I grew up watching. People say change teams and I'm not a fake fan u love who u love. I almost grounded my son cause he said I didn't know u hated bama I'm going to root for them.....just to troll me. I said I will fuq u up kid don't fuq with me....he was like it's that serious? I'm like yes it's that serious....u want that iphone smashed? No. Then stfu

Old school parenting
The kids don't know what real football is like down here because it's been missing for sooo loonngg! But I hear you! It's tough seeing the U go through this and we can only imagine what it was like to dominate the college football landscape watching Bama. But I can't even put Bama in our league because they are getting the benefit of the NCAA, officials and the media looking the other way with their infractions. If the U did some of the things Bama does we would have already been disband and sanctioned to oblivion. The playing fields is not leveled in CFB.

College FB is getting hard to watch with how uneven it has become with scrutiny of teams. Just the normal officiating of our games seems one sided. But I'm glad most of the teams I hate got their azzes kicked this weekend, so they can't neg recruit us.

Anyway, I vented enough. go canes!

Last edited:
THIS. In game adjustments are good, but we all too often show up unprepared. Especially our Defense. And poor preparation is on the coaching or lack thereof. Which speaks to a DC who does not spend enough time analyzing opposing offenses and scheming accordingly.

And if Manny thinks he can be the head coach and part time DC, then he's high and next year will be his last.

GET A DC GURU WHO LIVES, EATS, BREATHES AND ***** DEFENSIVE PREPARATION WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT AND DEMANDS NOTHING LESS THAN EXCELLENCE FROM HIS PLAYERS. Any time your OC is more fiery and gets in the faces of his players more than the DC, then there is something wrong.
AMEN BROTHER!!

Advertisement
The kids don't know what real football is like down here because it's been missing for sooo loonngg! But I hear you! It's tough seeing the U go through this and we can only imagine what it was like to dominate the college football landscape watching Bama. But I can't even put Bama in our league because they are getting the benefit of the NCAA, officials and the media looking the other way with their infractions. If the U did some of the things Bama does we would have already been disband and sanctioned to oblivion. The playing fields is not leveled in CFB.

College FB is getting hard to watch with how uneven it has become with scrutiny of teams. Just the normal officiating of our games seems one sided. But I'm glad most of the teams I hate got their azzes kicked this weekend, so they can't neg recruit us.

Anyway, I vented enough. go canes!
I don't even want to watch it I agree with u bro

The point was about bowl games in general.

We gave up 14 points or less in the first half of seven of our first 9 games. Single digits in six.

Let me guess, eye roll?

Cane it's a legit question. Our first two possessions against Duke we went three and out. UNC we got down 21-3. Against OSU we went down 21-0.

Cane it's a legit question. Our first two possessions against Duke we went three and out. UNC we got down 21-3. Against OSU we went down 21-0.

His wording made it seem like it was a constant issue. It’s not. It happened in two games.

Advertisement
It's the polar opposite of Al Golden. He's get a lead in the first half, then we got to watch it disappear in the second.

My guess is it isnt being zombies. It is being prepared wrong and expecting the wrong thing.

Advertisement
The reason for this is for some reason Manny and Staff are feeling out the opponent to start the game instead of coming out attacking idk if it’s true that Manny has to call plays late in some of these games but it’s very weird like in the NCstate and VT games
This is exactly what they are doing. The problem is that in certain games Baker had a difficult time snapping out of feeling out mode like in the Oklahoma St. game or VT in 19. Then their are examples of Baker doing the exact same thing on the first drive then clamping down hard on subsequent drives like the FSU game in 2020. The noles actually drove right down the field on their first drive of the game but bogged down inside our 5. The first play of their next possession Jaelen Phillips tagged their RB for a 7 yard loss.

My hope here is that with more experience, the upgrade in the defensive staff and Diaz taking back DC duties will break us free from that alarming tendency.

**** you've managed to rangle up all the non Manny guys with one single post. I'm impressed.

In the 2021 season note how we do during the: opening game, games after a buy week, bowl game.

If it looks like 2020, all the appologists in this thread need to self ban themselves from this site as we are now dumber for having read your posts.

Advertisement
In the 2021 season note how we do during the: opening game, games after a buy week, bowl game.

If it looks like 2020, all the appologists in this thread need to self ban themselves from this site as we are now dumber for having read your posts.
I like the way you talk

Maybe the game preparation, in-game coaching, and our Cane athletes just aren't as good as we would like to see...

Give Justice Coach of Year if the OL keeps Bama under 15 sacks/TFLs/hurries

Sometimes, teams just have tendencies and habits they can’t seem to overcome no matter what you do.
I remember being a part of a team, we were winning big every week, but for some reason we always got scored on first. No matter what we did or said, for some reason we just couldn’t get on the board first. We ended up blowing teams out.

This is a new team with a new identity.

Advertisement
Back