How did you find CanesInSight

How did you find CanesInSight?

• Total voters
Advertisement
I didn't find CIS. CIS found me.

I was strung out and sucking d*ck for my next hit of smack in the alleys of Reno, Nevada. Family disowned me. Killed my wife and kids in a drunk driving crash.

It's all a blur but I think I was trying to kill myself too and it was some combination of Michael Landon and Della Reese that carried me to a local library and said you have a lot to live for as they sat me at a computer and logged me into CIS for the first time.

Flash forward many years later and you'll see a festive holiday scene at mother's house. Me clean for many years now around a loving family, my 18 yr old Russian girlfriend at my side and my 4 Vietnamese and 1 Romanian adopted children running around the Christmas tree. The Romanian attempting to set it on fire but that child has more love in his heart than you could possibly understand.

Well that's at least what I'm told as I spent the entire holidays in here waiting to see if Mario hired coordinators or if Cribby dropped any more CribBombs.

Thanks, CIS. Never forget life is beautiful. I learned that in these hallowed pages.
I'm getting "this is based on a true story" vibe.

Modded CaneInsider. Made some good relationships there, Mike, Cribby and Jorge being some. One day there was a premium board with D$’s name on it, a few months later it was gone and eventually came into being without D’s name. Ariz posted there, he broke the Deon Bush and Tracy Howard commitments. Life was good.

Then Ariz left for the brand new CIS. I assume he already had a relationship with D$ at that time, and I don’t know what happened between D and Jorge. Insider lost a ton of posters to CIS, likely in part because of my moderation and CIS was like grassy 2.0c had the WEZ, and good info. For awhile I posted on CIS only on the politics board, Insider didn’t have a counterpart. That‘s why I have this absurd handle, picked something that wouldn’t be linked to me on Insider.

Then Brandon Odoi came on Insider and everything went down a very narrow toilet. I believe Josh somehow cut Jorge out of the ownership structure when he brought Odoi on, but quickly Odoi made the site about clicks and trying to get subs for the premium board. He had some info but nothing that made it worthwhile. I called him out and one day went to log in and he’d band me, along with the rest of the mod team.

I floated between here and the nascent Twitter.com for awhile, mostly just lurking. The amount of posting and traffic always made the site interesting. It had become the best Canes site by then, imo. At some point Kyle L asked me to come onto the mod team.

I doubt any of this is relevant to your question, Andrew.

Advertisement
Was on Grassy - had to look around for new forums. Also a long-time member of Shadow's board.

Have met some new names, some old names over that time - but the knowledge and "insight" of posters here is 2nd to none.

How did you find CanesInSight? If more than one option applies than select both options. For example, if you have found CanesInSight due to a linked thread on Facebook then select both of those options.

Came across whilst looking for my prostrate during a Canes game.

Advertisement
I remember a thread on the grassy premium board where we were complaining about the quality of content Bakas was giving us. Lu made his thoughts known, and bAndrew replied by saying maybe people should create their own board. Lu thought bAndrew was being passive aggressive towards him. However, bAndrew was not being passive aggressive, in fact he was super serial. Lu told him slide in those DMs because he and D$ already wanted to start a board. Then this place went up shortly before the great Moni boat lift carried many of us over here to safer shores.

happy reunion GIF by South Park

Some combination of following recruiting from Pete, the yahoo exodus from Canesport and the fappening…. Or something like that

Shadow, Grassy, scout. There was always chatter about the personalities on this board. I lurked for a few years before I first posted...some of you were that **** weird. I've come to embrace it. :6fps6:
Welcome to the crazy!

Advertisement
For me, it all started with a question: Who is Cribby?

I searched the Google for years trying to find this mythical creature. I read stories of the great knowledge he possessed and was intrigued by his harem comprised of hundreds of scantily clad females. Finally one day I pulled up the Google and typed in Booty GIFs and I was instantly brought to CIS and discovered the famous @Cribby lurking in the shadows doing his thing.

Proud is the man who can answer the question: Who is Cribby?

Advertisement
Came over in the mass sponge migration from Grassy when Moni the Sanctimonious imposed hedr moral code upon the freethinkers of the Lounge.....what a ******* idiot she was.......did you really think a bunch of college age kids (you guys) and dirty old men (Me, Solie, etc.) were nor going to act like a bunch of degenerates on a college football board?.....we are guys, this is what we do, what you found out, as all wives and girlfriends find out, you are not going to change us. We like ****, we like violence, and we like to act like idiots and laugh at each other. I have two daughters and if anyone spoke to them like I do in the WEZ or especially how I use to in the Lounge....I'd knocked your head off......am I a hypocrite; absolutely!........am I a normal American male .....abso****inglutely!

Advertisement
Back