How Cristobal Can Grow

Serious question - does Miami have an analytical guy on staff to help aid Mario in time management (use of timeouts), going for it vs kicking/punting, etc.? Feels like we would have won 1-2 more games if so.
I was thinking this too. With all this AI **** available now why not just play the odds? Wasnt it Harbaugh or someone who always goes with what the analytics say? Just take that approach with those decisions and let Mario cook on the trail and his coordinators during the game.

Advertisement
If you’re unsure, that’s cool. But if you are privy to day-to-day IN-SEASON and gameday operations, how much would you say Mario is involved in the offense.

Let’s do it on a 0-10 scale.

0 being Mack Brown (possibly not even knowing the offensive coordinator’s name, zero input on play calls, etc)

10 being Lincoln Riley (responsible for all offensive recruiting, full gameplan install, calling plays on gameday and coaching the quarterbacks on a daily basis)
lol at the Mack Brown comments

UGA had a very creative offense under Monken. Attacking all three levels. If you want to be like Michigan then wait for a a great defense , a bunch of old grown men on the Ol and loaded with upperclassmen. It’s much easier trying to be dynamic / multiple offense while having a good defense.

Monken Georgia or Bobo Georgia?

Not much of a difference between 2022 Monken and 2023 Bobo. I think Bobo just took what Monken was doing and kept doing it. His offense under Mark Richt looked nothing like the offense at Georgia this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not much of a difference between 2022 Monken and 2023 Bobo. I think Bobo just took what Monken was doing and kept doing it. His offense under Mark Richt looked nothing like the offense at Georgia this year.
When you’re as loaded as UGA you can get by most weeks with a meh play caller but when you run into equal or close talent that’s why it gets exposed. I said this earlier in the year with UGA. Their schedule was so simple they’ll get by the regular season fine but will miss Bennet and Monken in the post season.

We know what Mario runs when he experiences a threat. Brofense. The question is what he will do when he's got a QB he can trust. @Cribby why recruit guys like CJ and Hellcat and not throw to them on wheels and slip screens ? Or Ray Ray and Robby on bubble screens and slants for that matter.

Especially when we trotted out Brown and Williams I was shaking my head wondering where the TEs and RBs were since they're generally your safest targets. Brown threw dirt balls so I could forgive coach to some degree. But now that Cam is at the helm, you need to use your weapons. Otherwise don't recruit them.

I know there’ll be an emphasis on getting the te’s and rb’s more involved in the passing game. A tad more under center stuff but if you’re expecting some Lincoln Riley type formations and creativity I have bad news for you.
sadly, i think you are 100% correct, just not in Mario's DNA

Advertisement
UGA had a very creative offense under Monken. Attacking all three levels. If you want to be like Michigan then wait for a a great defense , a bunch of old grown men on the Ol and loaded with upperclassmen. It’s much easier trying to be dynamic / multiple offense while having a good defense.
And 5 super senior starters playing against 18-21 year olds.

Coach Mario Pee brain, micromanager Neanderthal.

Recruiter Mario, genuine, relationship building, relentless.

If he can go from pee brain to grapefruit brain and stop micromanaging the offense, we will be hard to beat next year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Three simple things that will lead to better result:

time out cut GIF by The Comeback HBO

Advertisement
Back