How Cristobal Can Grow

Advertisement
Good article

If you’re unsure, that’s cool. But if you are privy to day-to-day IN-SEASON and gameday operations, how much would you say Mario is involved in the offense.

Let’s do it on a 0-10 scale.

0 being Mack Brown (possibly not even knowing the offensive coordinator’s name, zero input on play calls, etc)

10 being Lincoln Riley (responsible for all offensive recruiting, full gameplan install, calling plays on gameday and coaching the quarterbacks on a daily basis)

If you’re unsure, that’s cool. But if you are privy to day-to-day IN-SEASON and gameday operations, how much would you say Mario is involved in the offense.

Let’s do it on a 0-10 scale.

0 being Mack Brown (possibly not even knowing the offensive coordinator’s name, zero input on play calls, etc)

10 being Lincoln Riley (responsible for all offensive recruiting, full gameplan install, calling plays on gameday and coaching the quarterbacks on a daily basis)

IMG_2646.gif

Advertisement
😂 had a pretty good feeling this would be the response. I have my thoughts and what I’ve heard, but it’s not direct. I think this board thinks it’s an 11. IMO it’s actually less than people think but I’d love to know from someone there everyday.
I know there’ll be an emphasis on getting the te’s and rb’s more involved in the passing game. A tad more under center stuff but if you’re expecting some Lincoln Riley type formations and creativity I have bad news for you.

Advertisement
Serious question - does Miami have an analytical guy on staff to help aid Mario in time management (use of timeouts), going for it vs kicking/punting, etc.? Feels like we would have won 1-2 more games if so.

I know there’ll be an emphasis on getting the te’s and rb’s more involved in the passing game. A tad more under center stuff but if you’re expecting some Lincoln Riley type formations and creativity I have bad news for you.

Lmao my bad bro that’s not what I meant. All good tho, probably asked the question in a retarded way responding to your post about the article.

Is there something inherently wrong with Michigan's offense? Just in general, and not because they just won the chip. Because they have a lot of creativity with a "pro-style" offense. Wheel routes, mesh concepts, lots of TE activity. ****, that concept with the RB leaking from the back-field up the middle to catch that pass in the redzone against Bama was a thing a beauty.

That would be the optimal vision of a Cristobal Offense IMO, but I'm not the building lol

Advertisement
With our offensive line and how effective Michigan's offense was against good defenses... I'd be open to it. But my main issue with Dawson/Mario's running game was how vanilla and predictable it was.

Is there something inherently wrong with Michigan's offense? Just in general, and not because they just won the chip. Because they have a lot of creativity with a "pro-style" offense. Wheel routes, mesh concepts, lots of TE activity. ****, that concept with the RB leaking from the back-field up the middle to catch that pass in the redzone against Bama was a thing a beauty.

That would be the optimal vision of a Cristobal Offense IMO, but I'm not the building lol
I think the issue with Michigan is they’ll always have access to great OL talent in the Midwest. So of course it makes sense to build your roster / scheme to fit the players and conditions you play in. In South Florida you’ll have access to great athletes. So why wouldn’t you build the scheme to fit what you have ? More athletes on the field and putting them in space. Which is any DC’s biggest fear. Ask any DC which type of offense gives them fits and they’ll never say what Michigan runs. I will say their offense is far more creative than what I’ve seen here under Mario. Imo a qb with pretty good legs and accurate makes an offense unstoppable in today’s CFB. You can still play physical ball while being multideminsional.

I think the issue with Michigan is they’ll always have access to great OL talent in the Midwest. So of course it makes sense to build your roster / scheme to fit the players and conditions you play in. In South Florida you’ll have access to great athletes. So why wouldn’t you build the scheme to fit what you have ? More athletes on the field and putting them in space. Which is any DC’s biggest fear. Ask any DC which type of offense gives them fits and they’ll never say what Michigan runs. I will say their offense is far more creative than what I’ve seen here under Mario. Imo a qb with pretty good legs and accurate makes an offense unstoppable in today’s CFB. You can still play physical ball while being multideminsional.
Yeah, I can agree with that too. I guess I'm just fixed on Mario emphasizing on OL and being LOS dominant. I also think we should hire an analyst from the Shanahan tree and incorporate those concepts into the offense. Especially Kyle, who's run-first/play-action dominant with lots of motion. All those dudes are succeeding in the NFL.

It should be common sense to know what you have and putting those pieces in the best position to win/succeed. For me, at the end of the day it's about winning games. I don't really care about optics. Most of my living experience watching the Canes is heartache and heartburn, so I'm just complacent with just winning games at this point lol

Advertisement

Michigan’s offense was below average and we shouldn’t be trying to emulate the 67th best offense in FBS. They literally averaged 1 more yard per game than Boston College.

I think Georgia is more like what Mario wants our offense to look like. They have decidedly more skill talent than Michigan, are much better in the passing game and have more big play potential.

Michigan’s offense was below average and we shouldn’t be trying to emulate the 67th best offense in FBS. They literally averaged 1 more yard per game than Boston College.
I think the reason they're below average is due to QB, WR, and coaching being content winning games 17-10. This is just me hypothesizing, but if they had a dynamic WR, with YAC capability the offensive statistics would improve to the top quartile. That's where our recruiting "should" help us if we ran the same concepts.

I agree wholeheartedly that we should be better than the 67th rank offense though.

I ultimately don't care how it's done, just get it done lol

I think Georgia is more like what Mario wants our offense to look like. They have decidedly more skill talent than Michigan, are much better in the passing game and have more big play potential.
Monken Georgia or Bobo Georgia?

Advertisement
Back