How can Manny can be successful?

Maskoff407

Recruit
What sets Urban, Saban, Dabo, and many of the great coaches from the others, is two things mostly. When it comes to their staff, they truly let them have control... unless they’re truly messing up. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE PLAYERS... they play THE BEST ONES!! Manny Diaz cannot continue to play his most “experienced” players over his best players. The fact that Scott Patchan even saw the field over Rousseau or Hill last year gives proof to that. DJ Ivey should not be playing over Williams or couch. I’m a fan of Frierson, but he should not be playing over Keontra. And some may disagree, but Knighton is more talented than Harris. How is Payton projected on the second team when he’s clearly better than any WRs on the squad. Keyshawn Smith needs to see the field. Amari Carter doesn’t need to see the field unless there’s an injury or he’s on special team. Moral of the story, you win by PLAYING YOUR BEST!

Advertisement
Until he instils a sense of discipline into ALL the players, it won't matter. That quitting, coming back, smoking pot, participation trophy mindset has to end. I saw the most ill prepared, undisciplined UM team I have ever seen last year. Talent won't matter if that talent is undisciplined.

By the way, Jeff Thomas was insanely talented. How did that work out?

What sets Urban, Saban, Dabo, and many of the great coaches from the others, is two things mostly. When it comes to their staff, they truly let them have control... unless they’re truly messing up. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE PLAYERS... they play THE BEST ONES!! Manny Diaz cannot continue to play his most “experienced” players over his best players. The fact that Scott Patchan even saw the field over Rousseau or Hill last year gives proof to that. DJ Ivey should not be playing over Williams or couch. I’m a fan of Frierson, but he should not be playing over Keontra. And some may disagree, but Knighton is more talented than Harris. How is Payton projected on the second team when he’s clearly better than any WRs on the squad. Keyshawn Smith needs to see the field. Amari Carter doesn’t need to see the field unless there’s an injury or he’s on special team. Moral of the story, you win by PLAYING YOUR BEST!
You talk about staff. I would bet the staff decides who is going to play. Example Lashlee playing King best player playing. Somebody thought Patchen was better than Rousseau early last year. Those kind of decisions is why Miami went 6-7. The O Line they always talk about playing the best 5. Players earn starting jobs. Maybe telling a player a fake punt is coming and he blows the assignment then you continue playing that player might be the problem.

Sounds like you have been to a lot of practices!!!

Advertisement
I agree with you, but also what are you basing these specific examples off of? Knighton hasn't played a minute in a college football game, and I think Payton may not have either? The coaches can only go off of what players show in practice to set depth charts, and we all know that isn't ever the case come gametime (ie all the greentree all americans) The good players eventually bleed through and earn a starting role though once they're given their actual game chances.

This is the same sh*t every year. Going back to the late Coker days. The belief that somehow our struggles have to do with super talented kids not playing over inferior ones Then when we HAVE to play a bunch of freshmen, talented or not, we see the results. By the way, the last 3 games of the season, all those guys you pointed to were playing plenty. In fact in kvetching about last year's team and depth chart you only mention defensive players, as if defense was the problem.

Didn't we just see the stats in another thread showing Manny is going to be okay?
It's obvious. Every coach that has a bad first season ends up being Dabo or Saban, or a mutated mix of the two. Maybe even a Bowden, for those who remember his first year at FSU. We lucked out with Manny having a horrible first season. Had he won big, he'd have ended up being another Larry Coker.

Advertisement
Until he instils a sense of discipline into ALL the players, it won't matter. That quitting, coming back, smoking pot, participation trophy mindset has to end. I saw the most ill prepared, undisciplined UM team I have ever seen last year. Talent won't matter if that talent is undisciplined.

By the way, Jeff Thomas was insanely talented. How did that work out?
You have to own the belief and 100% own the behaviors. That's re discipline et al

Eye stopped reeding after sentence claiming Urban, Dabo, and Saban let there staff half control.

2019 was a disappointment but let's give Manny a few more games. He made mistakes, especially on offense with Enos. He recognized this and corrected the problem by bringing an experienced OC to run the spread offense we've hollered for nearly a decade. He then went and got the best available QB to run that offense. He replaced poor OL and WR coaching hires with what appear to be better coaches.

You create a culture of hard work and respect first. Then you let them ball out and play the best but the culture has to be present. **** look at FSU loaded with talent but zero culture

Advertisement
After the season, we found out that Rousseau was injured earl on. Then, they had to gradually work him into the rotation before he could start.

1) Lawyers
2) Guns
3) Money

What else does one need in life?

by resigning.

Absent that, he has done the next best thing and brought in de facto HC/OC Lashlee.

I suppose he could have replaced Baker, but why break that much glass. I mean c'mon.

In fairness, it would appear a few assistant coach hires have been gems, HOWEVER, those decisions SHOULD have been left to respective OC/DC, so no credit/blame for Manuela to assign there. IF he took the deciding role in assistant coaching hires, just even more fuel to the fire he is not of the measure necessary to be HC at Miami.

Advertisement
What sets Urban, Saban, Dabo, and many of the great coaches from the others, is two things mostly. When it comes to their staff, they truly let them have control... unless they’re truly messing up. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE PLAYERS... they play THE BEST ONES!! Manny Diaz cannot continue to play his most “experienced” players over his best players. The fact that Scott Patchan even saw the field over Rousseau or Hill last year gives proof to that. DJ Ivey should not be playing over Williams or couch. I’m a fan of Frierson, but he should not be playing over Keontra. And some may disagree, but Knighton is more talented than Harris. How is Payton projected on the second team when he’s clearly better than any WRs on the squad. Keyshawn Smith needs to see the field. Amari Carter doesn’t need to see the field unless there’s an injury or he’s on special team. Moral of the story, you win by PLAYING YOUR BEST!not One of th3 guys
What sets Urban, Saban, Dabo, and many of the great coaches from the others, is two things mostly. When it comes to their staff, they truly let them have control... unless they’re truly messing up. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE PLAYERS... they play THE BEST ONES!! Manny Diaz cannot continue to play his most “experienced” players over his best players. The fact that Scott Patchan even saw the field over Rousseau or Hill last year gives proof to that. DJ Ivey should not be playing over Williams or couch. I’m a fan of Frierson, but he should not be playing over Keontra. And some may disagree, but Knighton is more talented than Harris. How is Payton projected on the second team when he’s clearly better than any WRs on the squad. Keyshawn Smith needs to see the field. Amari Carter doesn’t need to see the field unless there’s an injury or he’s on special team. Moral of the story, you
Not a big fan of manny.... but not one of the guys you mentioned has basically played a down and you know they are better. This is what you call dumb

Most of the guys you Mentioned we haven’t seen do anything yet. Couch Williams smith Payton Keyshawn haven’t done anything for us

Advertisement
Back