How big is Canes BBall right now and Coach L?

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
First of all, what Coach L has done with our program is legendary, name the court after the man this year. No question. Great coach, great person and he has built our program into something special.
Second, stopped by the gas station today to fill up and was wearing my Canes gear and a mowing crew was out doing their thing. I walked up to go inside and a guy thew me the {}_{} and stopped to show me the {}_{} tattoo on his arm. The pride we are feeling right now is all due to Coach L.

It was a cool moment in little Lake Wylie, SC and I threw him a {}_{} back as I left.

LET'S ******* GO AND WIN THIS WHOLE **** THING!! I am so pumped for Sat. night.

GO CANES! We are everywhere! :neonu:

Advertisement
images.jpg

Advertisement
First of all, what Coach L has done with our program is legendary, name the court after the man this year. No question. Great coach, great person and he has built our program into something special.
Second, stopped by the gas station today to fill up and was wearing my Canes gear and a mowing crew was out doing their thing. I walked up to go inside and a guy thew me the {}_{} and stopped to show me the {}_{} tattoo on his arm. The pride we are feeling right now is all due to Coach L.

It was a cool moment in little Lake Wylie, SC and I threw him a {}_{} back as I left.

LET'S ******* GO AND WIN THIS WHOLE **** THING!! I am so pumped for Sat. night.

GO CANES! We are everywhere! :neonu:
Do you live in Lake Wylie? There are a few of us in the area. I’ve lived all over the country and haven’t seen many fanbases that are a national brand like this U.

Pretty big pause

But I think win it now cause status quo next season with Duke and UK. I don't get how people say NIL bought UM to the final four. I'm like they have no lottery picks like wtf are they even talking about?
Or the fact that UK and those other schools have been doing it for years. The only difference is that Ruiz is open and legal about it.

Advertisement
What's the recruiting class for next season look like??

One kid, Michael Nwoko a top 150, 6'10" (reportedly) and 240lb interior player is committed.

But CBB is about the portal now. I worked expect us to take two top portal kids this year the way we took Pack and Omier last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Full on free agency.

Not full on. You get one free transfer without sitting out iirc. Transferring isn't always the best thing for a kid, but sometimes they need to get where they need to be. Should a kid like Omier be trapped at mid-major Arkansas State when he has shown he can clearly play at the highest level? Doesn't he deserve an opportunity to get the best coaching he can? Improve his degree?

Kids have been transferring colleges since colleges started. So have student-athletes. This is a free country. It should be for everyone.

Miami is an incredibly desirable place to transfer to, especially after the last two elite seasons. We should be a very attractive place for top kids looking for a new home.

Not full on. You get one free transfer without sitting out iirc. Transferring isn't always the best thing for a kid, but sometimes they need to get where they need to be. Should a kid like Omier be trapped at mid-major Arkansas State when he has shown he can clearly play at the highest level? Doesn't he deserve an opportunity to get the best coaching he can? Improve his degree?

Kids have been transferring colleges since colleges started. So have student-athletes. This is a free country. It should be for everyone.

Miami is an incredibly desirable place to transfer to, especially after the last two elite seasons. We should be a very attractive place for top kids looking for a new home.
Don't mistake my comment....I 100% support the free will and movement of talent.

Advertisement
One kid, Michael Nwoko a top 150, 6'9" 240lb interior player is committed.

But CBB is about the portal now. I worked expect us to take two top portal kids this year the way we took Pack and Omier last year.
The Portal has all but neutralized the talent disparity the Blue-Bloods used to have over every other program.

It hasn’t really had that effect in Football obviously, because you’re talking 60+ players per team, but in Basketball, all you really need is 2-3 good players from an addition standpoint & all of the sudden you’re on par with a top 10 team.

And also because of the extra Covid- year, teams have a lot more veteran experience, where players are older, more matured, more skilled & have a significant mental advantage over younger 1 & done teams, because they’re way more stoic & poised under pressure in crunch time.

Teams are getting top scorers from Mid-Majors & lower level schools & adding them in with already maturated vet rosters, then going on Deep tourney runs giving the traditional schools ****.

Miami IMO is probably the #1 destination spot for a high commodity Portal player;
- Lucrative NIL Deal
- Chance to play for an E8/F4 team
- Style Of Play
- Campus Atmosphere

If you’re a top tier Portal player, coming to play for Coach Larra & overall Miami as a program should be extremely appealing given the recent success & the fact you won’t have to augment your game. The 4-Out Motion Offense is very malleable for a lot of different styles of players that can fit; all they really need to do is be able to drive to the basket & finish, knock down shots when you get an open look & don’t be selfish. As long as you’re not a Ballhog this Offense fits pretty much every prototype hooper.

And for a veteran Upperclassman who isn’t gonna be a lottery pick but still wants to get paid while having a chance to play for a team that can make a Deep tourney run, it’s the best of both worlds.

The Portal has all but neutralized the talent disparity the Blue-Bloods used to have over every other program.

It hasn’t really had that effect in Football obviously, because you’re talking 60+ players per team, but in Basketball, all you really need is 2-3 good players from an addition standpoint & all of the sudden you’re on par with a top 10 team.

And also because of the extra Covid- year, teams have a lot more veteran experience, where players are older, more matured, more skilled & have a significant mental advantage over younger 1 & done teams, because they’re way more stoic & poised under pressure in crunch time.

Teams are getting top scorers from Mid-Majors & lower level schools & adding them in with already maturated vet rosters, then going on Deep tourney runs giving the traditional schools ****.

Miami IMO is probably the #1 destination spot for a high commodity Portal player;
- Lucrative NIL Deal
- Chance to play for an E8/F4 team
- Style Of Play
- Campus Atmosphere

If you’re a top tier Portal player, coming to play for Coach Larra & overall Miami as a program should be extremely appealing given the recent success & the fact you won’t have to augment your game. The 4-Out Motion Offense is very malleable for a lot of different styles of players that can fit; all they really need to do is be able to drive to the basket & finish, knock down shots when you get an open look & don’t be selfish. As long as you’re not a Ballhog this Offense fits pretty much every prototype hooper.

And for a veteran Upperclassman who isn’t gonna be a lottery pick but still wants to get paid while having a chance to play for a team that can make a Deep tourney run, it’s the best of both worlds.
also cbb is a whole different game than the NBA. Its like watching a different sport almost, but the NFL and CFB are relatively the same sport. I dont watch cbb enough but it looks different asf.

All I know is that the black uniforms being worn by Miami are some of the ugliest I have ever ever seen. Im thrilled they’re in the final four but the amount of **** I heard from my boys about the uniforms. They’re atrocious. Another L by adidas.

Advertisement
Back