How badly do the '00 Canes beat OU in the Orange Bowl?

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
[video=youtube;k-Bh9cT3_1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Bh9cT3_1k[/video]

FSU had no running game, and Snoop Minnis was suspended.

We destructify them.

Advertisement
That 2000 squad was the most physical team in the country at year's end. Playing in Miami I believe UM would've hammered OU physically and won by at least 10 points.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We were so dominant back then and fun to watch. I still say the 00 squad was more talented then 01. Such a shame we did not play OU.

Advertisement
Wasnt it Kenny D who gave Alex Brown a black eye in the Bourbon St Brawl?
Wilfork did that
Says something when your freshman DT puts the hands on your senior captain all SEC DE.

thought that was mckinnie

No McKinnie punched out professional boxer Shannon Briggs (record 59 - 6 *not including the L dealt by McKinnie)

When/where was this? Never heard that one before...

Advertisement
There isn't a single doubt in my mind that we were the best team in the country at the end of the year by a good margin. I think we win by at least 2 TDs or more.

When/where was this? Never heard that one before...

But if anyone in the NFL should doubt his ability to take on anyone, they should pay close attention. Last summer, McKinnie and some fellow Hurricanes were at a South Beach club called Crave. Heavyweight boxer Shannon Briggs was upstairs and started jawing with some of the Hurricanes, and next thing, Briggs knocked out one of the 'Canes. McKinnie was away from the action.

As McKinnie tells the story, the club's bouncers ushered Briggs and his crew outside, where McKinnie was waiting.

He was outside with his shirt off, and I didn't recognize him," McKinnie recalls. "Yeah, I hit him. We were on the ground, and he got beat up pretty good. He got up with his eye swollen, and he stumbled off."

Can you imagine thinking you just won a fight only to walk outside and have Mt. McKinnie waiting for you? LOL.

Advertisement
Back