How are we getting to a 20 man class?

I'm sure the COACHING STAFF will figure it out. Maybe the COACHING STAFF fells it's not "stupid" to have an abundance of tight ends on the roster. I remember and can bring up posts of people saying hunter wells and Junior Alexis where going to get cut THIS YEAR, like it was fact. How did that work out?

you don't really comprehend this whole message board thing, do you?

Advertisement
Awful thread is awful

This thread is akin to forecasting specific weather dates in 2013.

Golden said the 2013 class will be "half" of the 2012. He mentioned the number of 33 first, then added "half of that." Not "about half". Half. 16-17 guys.

Those analyzing are doing so in ignorance if they don't at least start there.

Awful thread is awful

Golden said the 2013 class will be "half" of the 2012. He mentioned the number of 33 first, then added "half of that." Not "about half". Half. 16-17 guys.

because nothing changes right? Kids don't get kicked off the team, don't get asked to graduate and don't transfer. It doesn't always happen every season

This thread is pointless at this point, but people are just speculating

I'm sure the COACHING STAFF will figure it out. Maybe the COACHING STAFF fells it's not "stupid" to have an abundance of tight ends on the roster. I remember and can bring up posts of people saying hunter wells and Junior Alexis where going to get cut THIS YEAR, like it was fact. How did that work out?

you don't really comprehend this whole message board thing, do you?

He comprehendes a significant, unhelpful reach in conversation & foolish speculation. Unless this message board is a haven for such things, I think his response is at least as appropriate as the original poster's question.

Awful thread is awful

because nothing changes right? Kids don't get kicked off the team, don't get asked to graduate and don't transfer. It doesn't always happen every season

This thread is pointless at this point, but people are just speculating

Are you suggesting that the only changes will be kids leaving? What about every "low hanging fruit" playing better? No chance that happens?

Certainly players can & will depart. We could also get 10 scholarships taken away. I think the thread has served a great point: no has a clue who will be on the team next year. We've answered the question of "20 players". But the original questions was actually "who do we cut?" which is a reach to answer.

Advertisement
not at all. Kids can save their jobs and Golden doesn't really seem like the guy to gas guys without letting them graduate. However, I'm pretty sure the 16 or 17 guys quote was from before Ray Ray got booted and Witt's injury ended his career. **** happens; we'll get to 20

not at all. Kids can save their jobs and Golden doesn't really seem like the guy to gas guys without letting them graduate. However, I'm pretty sure the 16 or 17 guys quote was from before Ray Ray got booted and Witt's injury ended his career. **** happens; we'll get to 20

I agree as far as Golden.

The total of 16-17 might have come prior to Armstrong's departure. It did not come before Witt's. His future has been known for some time before it became public.

You're free to see the class at 20. However, you are speculating (like all of us do) against what the head coach has said. That is my main point.

The total of 16-17 might have come prior to Armstrong's departure. It did not come before Witt's. His future has been known for some time before it became public.

You're free to see the class at 20. However, you are speculating (like all of us do) against what the head coach has said. That is my main point.

isn't that quote from right after signing day? Witt's career wasn't done until after the spring at the earliest

isn't that quote from right after signing day? Witt's career wasn't done until after the spring at the earliest

No. That quote was within a month.

Advertisement

Yes, Golden and Carroll have each stated on record that 20 is the max for this class and that was months ago. Anyone that thinks we'll end up with 16 kids is not thinking clearly. Think of how many offers are out there.

Collins
Thomas
Grace
Alexander
Williams
Bain
Bostwick
Kirkland
another OL for sure (i know they put the press on an OL from PSU after the sanctions)
Cunningham

That's 10 kids already, to add to the 10 kids we've already got committed (including AJL). Unless you're going to argue that half of these kids dont have legit offers, the coaches sure look like they are planning to have room for 20 kids. ****, i didnt even include Ray Lewis III. lol.

We will loss one or two qb, one or two dl, one or two wr, one or two db. Most of the departures will be for playing time.

Advertisement
Back