How about this cat, McGahee?

Advertisement
Don't care...No snub whatsoever...2002 McGahee is the Best I've seen in my 40yrs of being a Fan....28 TDs??...Lol...Could've and Shoud've been 30+
I’m not arguing stats. If you put Edge on McGahee’ team what do you think the results would be. Remember now, Edge resurrected the U!

I’m not arguing stats. If you put Edge on McGahee’ team what do you think the results would be. Remember now, Edge resurrected the U!
I need no lessons on someone I've known since his frosh yr...at UM...The original comment was...I quote....2002 Mcgahee is the Best yr a UM RB has ever had....End of Story....ANYONE who argues that is being Disingenuous....

I need no lessons on someone I've known since his frosh yr...at UM...The original comment was...I quote....2002 Mcgahee is the Best yr a UM RB has ever had....End of Story....ANYONE who argues that is being Disingenuous....
Your original post implied MAC was the best to come thru the U. Your 40 years of Cane Fandom is not in comparison to my 53 years of attending games and rooting for my beloved Canes!

‘Nuff said!

Your original post implied MAC was the best to come thru the U. Your 40 years of Cane Fandom is not in comparison to my 53 years of attending games and rooting for my beloved Canes!

‘Nuff said!
Never said that....Stop it...I said in my 40yrs Mcgahees 2002 season was the best ever by a UM RB...Go get your eyes checked...

Advertisement

‘Nuff said!
I'll take my 40yrs of Fandom....and 6yrs of standing on UM sidelines...attending closed practices...Attending film sessions...Over 250 games..and 2 NCs attended as well...over your 53yrs 7 days a week...
Nuff said....

I'll take my 40yrs of Fandom....and 6yrs of standing on UM sidelines...attending closed practices...Attending film sessions...Over 250 games..and 2 NCs attended as well...over your 53yrs 7 days a week...
Nuff said....
Edgerrin James would have excelled in any offense, from his rookie season in 1999, all the way to this super bowl; Think Adrian Peterson if the coaches developed his receiving skills and pass protection. Adrian Peterson was thought to be able to have the ability to get drafted in maybe the 1st round out of high school, based on what would have been the combine test results.. With one year in Oklahoma or just a better weight & conditioning routine, all of his combine results were exactly the same as his summer workouts before his sophomore year.. Also he stated publicly he had the same daily routine that he used to be the best offensive player at Oklahoma.

Willis McGahee had the raw athleticism to be the 1st overall selection if it wasn't for his knee injury in the bcs game. Willis McGahee had the potential to be compared to Jim Brown. The only one argument against Jim Brown was the era or the size of the players, but former player & hall of fame players; Who both played when Jim Brown played and watched even just his recordings. If any fellow "Great" at any sport vouches how he is the best running back ever to play the game still to this day, always go with the best of the best.

Willis McGahee if anything was a bigger/stronger, also his electronic hand timed 40-yard dashes were clocked to be about / 4.28. I doubt with the way players get b.s. suspensions for eating a meal for free that at Miami, the diet & weight/conditioning routine was the same as what the nfl teams have.

The only debate before was, Carson Palmer being a quarter back. If it wasn't for the injury, McGahee would have been the 1st pick in my opinion; Corey Dillon was easily the best player on offense also having one - star/feature running back was how teams built the offenses around.

Advertisement
Edgerrin James would have excelled in any offense, from his rookie season in 1999, all the way to this super bowl; Think Adrian Peterson if the coaches developed his receiving skills and pass protection. Adrian Peterson was thought to be able to have the ability to get drafted in maybe the 1st round out of high school, based on what would have been the combine test results.. With one year in Oklahoma or just a better weight & conditioning routine, all of his combine results were exactly the same as his summer workouts before his sophomore year.. Also he stated publicly he had the same daily routine that he used to be the best offensive player at Oklahoma.

Willis McGahee had the raw athleticism to be the 1st overall selection if it wasn't for his knee injury in the bcs game. Willis McGahee had the potential to be compared to Jim Brown. The only one argument against Jim Brown was the era or the size of the players, but former player & hall of fame players; Who both played when Jim Brown played and watched even just his recordings. If any fellow "Great" at any sport vouches how he is the best running back ever to play the game still to this day, always go with the best of the best.

Willis McGahee if anything was a bigger/stronger, also his electronic hand timed 40-yard dashes were clocked to be about / 4.28. I doubt with the way players get b.s. suspensions for eating a meal for free that at Miami, the diet & weight/conditioning routine was the same as what the nfl teams have.

The only debate before was, Carson Palmer being a quarter back. If it wasn't for the injury, McGahee would have been the 1st pick in my opinion; Corey Dillon was easily the best player on offense also having one - star/feature running back was how teams built the offenses around.
Hey man put that “sauce” down.

2002...Best yr I've ever seen a UM RB have...and to be honest, it's not even close...

He was a force.

Watching him get his knee destroyed in the Fiesta Bowl really took the wind out of our sails. It was one thing to get hurt, but that type catastrophic injury lingers for teammates.

If he would have gone down in a more conventional way, I think we would have pulled away late.

Advertisement
He did want to be a Cane....atleast that's what he told me in 97....

Naw I mean he wanted to be a running back. He knew where his future was and went to a scrub school to stay true to himself.

I have no doubt he would have been a Cane if we gave him a shot at his dream.

It makes me want to cry. Marshall Faulk on the 92? Goodnight. The 93 Sugar Bowl could have been completely different.

Naw I mean he wanted to be a running back. He knew where his future was and went to a scrub school to stay true to himself.

I have no doubt he would have been a Cane if we gave him a shot at his dream.

It makes me want to cry. Marshall Faulk on the 92? Goodnight. The 93 Sugar Bowl could have been completely different.

All I think about, bro. Erickson completely blundered this one.

Advertisement
Such amazing body control, and what a combination of size, speed and elusiveness.
He was had the characteristic of falling forward... man times carrying defenders forward.

Don Chaney moves like him imo. Im ready to have a dominant back in Coral Gables again..

He wasn’t the only one that fckd up. All the bog schools wanted him at corner. That was the trend back then for dudes his size. Just like it is now for kids like cj and Clarke.
Remember there were dudes out there that wanted Jeudy at corner and ps2 at receiver.
Clinton Portis as well.. Having one running back used to be the entire running game, & a blocking fullback was the normal roster makeup for almost every teams offensive philosophy. A running back was considered small if their combine weight was say even like 210.

Advertisement
Back