How about playing a SOLID game and beat Nebraska soundly?

Caneup

Recruit
I'm tired of all the negative talk.

Let's just finally play to our potential on both sides of the ball and beat a ranked opponent on the road.

Come On Man!

Advertisement
In before the meltdown

BCDYv.gif

we bout due for a solid game from these guys.
I have a supporter of our team, but I am tired of teams with 'lesser' talent than us outplaying.

Go Canes

Heard that the 2001 Rose Bowl is when Kaaya took notice of the Canes and developed a soft spot in his heart for them. Seems like it would be pretty cool for it all to come full circle for him. I think he might be able to go into Lincoln and announce his arrival as a premier NCAA QB in the nation if the line can do a decent job protecting him. I'm not selling any stock if he doesn't light up Nebraska but, I'm hoping that he can improve exponentially as he gains experience and leads us to the promise land inspite of our perceived coaching deficiencies.

Advertisement
Beat them soundly? Have you seen any of Miami's games the past 5+ years?

There is zero chance we beat them soundly. The scenarios are:

1) getting trounced
2) narrowly winning
3) narrowly losing

That's it. #3 and #1 are more likely than #2, sadly.

They are not without talent and Vegas thinks they are 7.5 pts better than us...

So, while I think your enthusiasm is great, we are not expected to beat this team!

If we do win and I think we can if our O line protects Kaaya, it maybe a turning point for the team.

Advertisement

Let's just finally play to our potential on both sides of the ball and beat a ranked opponent on the road.

Come On Man!

The next time Al brings UM on the road against a ranked opponent at night and comes out with anything better than a 14+ point loss will be the first time.

This is not that time.

I think if these four things happen, we will win this game:

1) Duke scores a TD

2) Kaaya has a completion percentage of 60% or better

3) Our Defense allows less than 400 yards of total offense

4) Our 3rd down conversion percentage is 40% or more

Come On Man!

That would be nice...but a lack of fundamentals and an extremely overmatched OL usually makes these types of games pretty predictable.

Not that Nebraska is all that decent, we just are too dependent on passing and the home run ball because our weak ground game. A decent defense holds this offense in check (not to mention the bumbling play calling)...then our slightly improved defense eventually gives out. Sad to say, but this will be an almost impossible trend to avoid this year unless Kehoe's boys find some next level of development and execution that I haven't seen. Hard to demand that **** now when it wasn't perfected before the season.

A bruising back to go with Duke would help, but only so much with this poor blocking. The only real cure for this offense would be timely and creative play calling based on a solid read of what defenses are doing...I don't think we can even put Arkansas St. in that column.

UM

Advertisement
We have the talent to beat them soundly. Sadly, our corches don't know how to use that talent to beat a team with a pulse soundly.

**** I want to win so badly but some of you guys are fooling yourselves if you think anything different is going to happen Saturday. We are going to get pounded. Maybe not as bad as the K State game a couple of years ago but close to that.

Nebraska reminds me of a little bit better version of GA Tech in the sense they tend to throw more and don't run the triple option but tend to get creative with formations.

Our run D has been solid and even last year in bowl game vs Lville was the only bright spot maybe in that game

If we can limit short drives and 3 & outs and hold their run game I think we can sneak out of there with a win.

Advertisement
I called 38-10 against ark state.... watching them vs Mcneese St.... We will win 38-17.... Herb Waters is about to have a breakout game if they try to contain Duke & Dorsett

Advertisement
Back