Houston WR Keith Corbin in the Transfer Portal

He isn’t 6’3. He is listed in the portal at 6’0 170
That is his freshman height and weight, brother...like 5 years ago. 247 hasn't even updated his profile page. Haven't even graded him as a transfer prospect yet.

Montana has him listed at 6'3" 190lbs. Take a look at some pictures of him...he's a bit lanky, but he's in that 6'2"-6'3" range.

Almost 1500 yards, 13 TDs, 17 yards a catch...first team All-American at the FCS level...T-6th in catches, 2nd in yards, T-2nd in yards per catch for WRs with over 60 catches, T-6th in receiving TDs.

Watch some highlights, man...he can play. He does a lot of things we wish Dee Wiggins could do. He's not a super prospect, but he's pretty good.

Advertisement
That is his freshman height and weight, brother...like 5 years ago. 247 hasn't even updated his profile page. Haven't even graded him as a transfer prospect yet.

Montana has him listed at 6'3" 190lbs. Take a look at some pictures of him...he's a bit lanky, but he's in that 6'2"-6'3" range.

Almost 1500 yards, 13 TDs, 17 yards a catch...first team All-American at the FCS level...T-6th in catches, 2nd in yards, T-2nd in yards per catch for WRs with over 60 catches, T-6th in receiving TDs.

Watch some highlights, man...he can play. He does a lot of things we wish Dee Wiggins could do. He's not a super prospect, but he's pretty good.
I seen his highlights and I wasn’t blown away

Corbin and Rambo are on the same spectrum as Harley, IMO. Toure is a level up.
I wouldn't say Toure is a level up without seeing him against P5 comp......only one game 3-25 yrds vs Oregon....Rambo is 6'1 with a nice vert...caught several contested balls at its highest point in traffic... Harley is 5'9 doesn't bring that to the table...Rambo also played well against Bama in the playoffs had a 49 yard TD.....also had a TD vs UF in Cotton Bowl....Toure looks like a good prospect but I'd go with the proven p5 receiver....

I wouldn't say Toure is a level up without seeing him against P5 comp......only one game 3-25 yrds vs Oregon....Rambo is 6'1 with a nice vert...caught several contested balls at its highest point in traffic... Harley is 5'9 doesn't bring that to the table...Rambo also played well against Bama in the playoffs had a 49 yard TD.....also had a TD vs UF in Cotton Bowl....Toure looks like a good prospect but I'd go with the proven p5 receiver....

I liked the best of Charleston Rambo a few years ago playing alongside CeeDee Lamb. idk what happened to him since, but the decline in production and him leaving Oklahoma (idk why you'd do that considering the offense) is a bit concerning. But, the best of him is a good player, just a lot we don't know about him right now.

Was one of D'Eriq King's top WRs at Houston. Either him or Charleston Rambo definitely should be here next season. I'm kind of surprised Corbin didn't leave UofH last offseason after the redshirt thing with him and D'Eriq.

Bring me the Rambo and Corbin

Advertisement
I liked the best of Charleston Rambo a few years ago playing alongside CeeDee Lamb. idk what happened to him since, but the decline in production and him leaving Oklahoma (idk why you'd do that considering the offense) is a bit concerning. But, the best of him is a good player, just a lot we don't know about him right now.
I think his production went down due to talent level at the position...OU is a WR factory with plenty of offense....this could be a similar to Sermon's rb situation...

in terms of Rambo, it is work ethic and younger guys being better. Corbin is the guy we want

in terms of Rambo, it is work ethic and younger guys being better. Corbin is the guy we want
Rambo missed two games to covid...he was very productive against top fight comp....it's not about being better cuz he started over them...it's more about splitting reps with other talented players... he likely wants more touches.....the same was said about Sermon look at what he's doing now...

Rambo missed two games to covid...he was very productive against top fight comp....it's not about being better cuz he started over them...it's more about splitting reps with other talented players... he likely wants more touches.....the same was said about Sermon look at what he's doing now...
He wants to be WR1. He wasn’t never that at Oklahoma just the elderstatesmen

Advertisement
Sermon never had a work ethic problem, and Rambo wasn't going to start in 2021, the writing was on the wall. He's a complimentary WR at OU and that's not what he sees himself being, if things fall apart with Corbin he'd be an alternative but I wouldnt expect him to come here and be the guy. He would just be part of the rotation

He wants to be WR1. He wasn’t never that at Oklahoma just the elderstatesmen
Oklahoma is a WR factory they prolly got 4-5 that would start at Miami...he played at a high level against "great comp" something our current recievers "never" did....

Oklahoma is a WR factory they prolly got 4-5 that would start at Miami...he played at a high level against "great comp" something our current recievers "never" did....
Since we started to see the drops and inability to get the ball and separation take off this year, it’s become really apparent to me watching other teams. - like run of the mill teams. There are so many WR’s out there, who based on regular performance, would improve us.

The 3rd WR at Okie, the kids from Montana, SJSU and Houston - they would improve us by just doing the things on the field that we need at a minimum. We’re not getting that from Wiggins and Pope.

It’s been asked but why not more of the young guys? I don’t buy that they’re worse. We’re getting **** from the older guys, except Harley, so why not get young guys reps? If we’re gonna suck at certain positions then suck with youth getting experience and with the potential to improve not with continuing fails.

You're going to have to find another board if you can't handle breakout age. Its not the full piece of the pie, but its a slice.

Devonta Smith was an age 20 breakout (28% marketshare)...using context and the players ahead of him (all R1-ish WRs -- ymmv on Waddle) the only way Devonta Smith is a JAG is if good ol TK trades up for him after they pick Trevor Lawrence. He's a very good WR and him breaking out the second he wasn't the 4th WR on the depth chart and 5th leading pass catcher is just fine. If you've got people on Twitter calling him a JAG, they are bozos.

I'm not sure if it was you or another eye test only guy, but the last time I had this discussion it was in relation to KJ Osborn, who I was told was undraftable and would not get drafted by many on this board...while I said he would...and he ended up a 5th Rounder. Was also one of my talking points about Jeff Thomas kind of being a bum...and he is. You need to provide some context sometimes, but its a slice of the pie to consider. Just like film is a piece of the pie. The ol eyetest has led many evaluators astray, too.
I don't think Osborn ran a single route his rookie year. He was drafted because he's a high character guy who can return kicks. Every indication is he's a JAG receiver.

The argument was that Lawrence Cager is a better prospect/receiver. Cager battled injuries as usual but when he was healthy he was on the field and getting targeted. I don't see how that's a victory lap for you other than to say Osborn is a better athlete and more durable.

Again I didn't say breakout age is worthless but the majority of people who apply it don't understand the word in bold. If you make those adjustments and combine film evaluations then you're on the right track.

Advertisement
I don't think Osborn ran a single route his rookie year. He was drafted because he's a high character guy who can return kicks. Every indication is he's a JAG receiver.

The argument was that Lawrence Cager is a better prospect/receiver. Cager battled injuries as usual but when he was healthy he was on the field and getting targeted. I don't see how that's a victory lap for you other than to say Osborn is a better athlete and more durable.

Again I didn't say breakout age is worthless but the majority of people who apply it don't understand the word in bold. If you make those adjustments and combine film evaluations then you're on the right track.

I don't want to rehash the argument...but KJ Osborn is a better football player than Lawrence Cager. I'll take the mild victory lap.

FWIW - I think marketshare, while used in context is a fine piece of the pie when it comes to the NFL...but I also think it gives you a good idea of where that player slots among his peers in college football and you can use that number as a way of determining what kind of player you've got. Guys like Rambo and Corbin kind of slot in the same realm to me. I might like Corbin a little more for us, considering his relationship with King (he's also got some nice highlights)...but I think - like Jarrid Williams - is ultimately a mid-tier P5 player. You and I share similar concerns over Rambo.

We can disagree on Toure...idk where he'll end up, that'll conclude his story, but IMO, he's getting drafted if Montana played this fall.

I don't want to rehash the argument...but KJ Osborn is a better football player than Lawrence Cager. I'll take the mild victory lap.

FWIW - I think marketshare, while used in context is a fine piece of the pie when it comes to the NFL...but I also think it gives you a good idea of where that player slots among his peers in college football and you can use that number as a way of determining what kind of player you've got. Guys like Rambo and Corbin kind of slot in the same realm to me. I might like Corbin a little more for us, considering his relationship with King (he's also got some nice highlights)...but I think - like Jarrid Williams - is ultimately a mid-tier P5 player. You and I share similar concerns over Rambo.

We can disagree on Toure...idk where he'll end up, that'll conclude his story, but IMO, he's getting drafted if Montana played this fall.
Toure is a take until I see a better option. I thought I made it pretty clear he's a significant upgrade over Wiggins and I don't trust Redding and Brinson to bring that level of mature play.

I just don't think he's the no-brainer alpha receiver that fans might be hoping for. If Brevin returns I'd project Toure to be 3rd or 4th in targets.

Of kick returners with 10 or more returns Osborn ranks 27th. He had 3.9 yard per punt return and 0 offensive snaps. He fumbled 2 returns and lost his job. He's not good. Cager had a 4 target game as a vertical option when he was healthy. He at least has a chance to become something. Take the L.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
I actually met chinos wife before, and we spoke about that whole **** and she said some bull**** that oh well who’s alive and who’s not. I said ***** pac been dead how many years, and the only reason people know the name chino xl is because he said **** you on a diss track from 96. She didn’t like that very much lol.
That's fantastic. I can't believe they are still salty all these years later. And yes Chino is alive but what else does anyone know about him other than what you pointed out-he was called out in a song by Pac for his relationship to Biggie and Bad Boy.

That's fantastic. I can't believe they are still salty all these years later. And yes Chino is alive but what else does anyone know about him other than what you pointed out-he was called out in a song by Pac for his relationship to Biggie and Bad Boy.
Yea she literally had nothing to say except pacs not alive anymore, and I said well to 99.99% of the rest of the world neither is chino so now what lol.

Toure is a take until I see a better option. I thought I made it pretty clear he's a significant upgrade over Wiggins and I don't trust Redding and Brinson to bring that level of mature play.

I just don't think he's the no-brainer alpha receiver that fans might be hoping for. If Brevin returns I'd project Toure to be 3rd or 4th in targets.

Of kick returners with 10 or more returns Osborn ranks 27th. He had 3.9 yard per punt return and 0 offensive snaps. He fumbled 2 returns and lost his job. He's not good. Cager had a 4 target game as a vertical option when he was healthy. He at least has a chance to become something. Take the L.

I haven't seen your posts on Toure, I thought you might be out on him though. He'd be a nice get to play the X spot. If Michael Redding is actually the real deal, he should be able to start there as a sophomore and we'd be fine, but who knows. Same with Brinson. Both of those guys should be able to play as freshmen, but who knows. I don't think he's a no brainer, but I think he's the best option to play the X out there for us. I think the X in Lashlee's scheme is never going to be better than the 3rd option. It is what it is here.

I already won that topic when Osborn was drafted, Cager was not. Osborn was on the active roster most of the year (had some late scratches due to injury issues) and Cager is basically practice squad fodder.

Advertisement
Back