Houston WR Keith Corbin in the Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Samori Toure is still WR1...age 20 breakout player...on pace to be a Day 2 NFL Draft pick.

Corbin and Rambo are nice backups. Not breakout players, both still looking, but both very close to Age 19/20 breakouts a few years ago. Both guys are Day 3 / fringe draft picks that can boost their draft stock with a good year as a WR1/WR2 for Miami ala KJ Osborn. Toure seems like more of a sure thing for instant production. These guys seem like role players with a chance to be more.
Don't pull that "breakout age" **** on here...it's bad enough I have to hear about it all offseason from Dynasty players. Don't need it permeating a real football board too.

Breakout age is how you end up with a bunch of spreadsheet nerds salivating over Jalen Reagor and Bryan Edwards while calling Devonta Smith a JAG. I won't say it's worthless but film>>>>all quant heuristics.

Advertisement
And if you’re down with Ivins then fvck you too. Chino XL fvck you too
I actually met chinos wife before, and we spoke about that whole **** and she said some bull**** that oh well who’s alive and who’s not. I said ***** pac been dead how many years, and the only reason people know the name chino xl is because he said **** you on a diss track from 96. She didn’t like that very much lol.

Advertisement
Don't pull that "breakout age" **** on here...it's bad enough I have to hear about it all offseason from Dynasty players. Don't need it permeating a real football board too.

Breakout age is how you end up with a bunch of spreadsheet nerds salivating over Jalen Reagor and Bryan Edwards while calling Devonta Smith a JAG. I won't say it's worthless but film>>>>all quant heuristics.
You're going to have to find another board if you can't handle breakout age. Its not the full piece of the pie, but its a slice.

Devonta Smith was an age 20 breakout (28% marketshare)...using context and the players ahead of him (all R1-ish WRs -- ymmv on Waddle) the only way Devonta Smith is a JAG is if good ol TK trades up for him after they pick Trevor Lawrence. He's a very good WR and him breaking out the second he wasn't the 4th WR on the depth chart and 5th leading pass catcher is just fine. If you've got people on Twitter calling him a JAG, they are bozos.

I'm not sure if it was you or another eye test only guy, but the last time I had this discussion it was in relation to KJ Osborn, who I was told was undraftable and would not get drafted by many on this board...while I said he would...and he ended up a 5th Rounder. Was also one of my talking points about Jeff Thomas kind of being a bum...and he is. You need to provide some context sometimes, but its a slice of the pie to consider. Just like film is a piece of the pie. The ol eyetest has led many evaluators astray, too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That toure dude ain’t getting offered. He ain’t all that. There is a reason no big schools are beating down his door
Who offers is very low on my reasons for looking at a transfer. I mean, we were suckered into Tommy Kennedy under the guise of "big schools" (like Oklahoma) were offering this guy and he was about as much of a bum as we've ever had on this roster.

I think he'd fit nicely as a replacement for Wiggins and adds a little versatility as he can play some slot as well. He's got some speed, he can get off the line at the FCS level, and for a 6'3" guy, when he gets into the open field, he can find green. Some clips show some sneaky quicks, too...but that may or may not play up. The production speaks for itself. I think he's got more upside than some of these other portal jumper WRs right now and without knowing his whole story, seems like the type of player we like to get for the one year rentals (quote from his coach
“Samori is a great guy and he did everything we asked him,”...“He was here to play his senior year and it was not his fault that we didn’t play. He got his degree and now he’s on to what is next. I hope it works out for him."). I see more of a scheme fit for Lashlee's offense with him than I do some of these other players, too.

Last edited:
A lot of quality wr’s hitting the portal now , there’s no need to jump until you know the best options.
Any idea if we want one or two WRs via portal?

I’d take at least one.. and looks like we can get a quality WR#1

Who offers is very low on my reasons for looking at a transfer. I mean, we were suckered into Tommy Kennedy under the guise of "big schools" (like Oklahoma) were offering this guy and he was about as much of a bum as we've ever had on this roster.

I think he'd fit nicely as a replacement for Wiggins and adds a little versatility as he can play some slot as well. He's got some speed, he can get off the line at the FCS level, and for a 6'3" guy, when he gets into the open field, he can find green. Some clips show some sneaky quicks, too...but that may or may not play up. The production speaks for itself. I think he's got more upside than some of these other portal jumper WRs right now and without knowing his whole story, seems like the type of player we like to get for the one year rentals (quote from his coach
“Samori is a great guy and he did everything we asked him,”...“He was here to play his senior year and it was not his fault that we didn’t play. He got his degree and now he’s on to what is next. I hope it works out for him."). I see more of a scheme fit for Lashlee's offense with him than I do some of these other players, too.
He isn’t 6’3. He is listed in the portal at 6’0 170

Advertisement
Back