Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m talking about this year. Not last year. Baylor is 250/1 to win, Fsu is 125/1 to win it, & were 120/1 to win it. Baylors win total is 7. Ours is 9. We are the better team this year.
Got ya, yea idk I guess we will see.

Yes they have Aranda. We really don't have a head coach lol.
I wouldn't crown Aranda just yet.

He was a good DC at LSU, but let's be honest, who wouldn't be with their readily available 4/5-star talent they have on an annual basis...

He owes a lot of his success at LSU to Corey Raymond being such a great CB coach & finding ELITE DB's literally every year to lockdown both sides of the field on the outside, makes it that much easier for their LB's & Defensive front to attack & create pressure when the backend is completely solidified every year.

Now, I do give Aranda credit for the staff he assembled at Baylor, bringing in Fedora at OC was good choice for them his offense fits perfect in the Big XII, taking Dennis Johnson with him at DL's coach was a smart move, he's a good young recruiter from his LSU days & their RB's coach Justin Johnson is supposed to be a pretty good recruiter as well, he's a local TX guy so he should do well down there.

He may turn out to be a good HC, but I wouldn't put him on that pedestal just yet. Aranda hasn't coached in the Big XII in 20 years, he's about to find out it's not as easy to put together a good Defense in that conference playing against all those high octane offenses, he won't be able to feast up on all the mid-tier SEC schools that they can just pound on for 3 quarters. Without LSU talent, he's gonna have to play teams that will go tempo at 80 plays a game & will throw him out the stadium if he crowds the box with 8 man fronts.

Advertisement
I’m talking about this year. Not last year. Baylor is 250/1 to win, Fsu is 125/1 to win it, & were 120/1 to win it. Baylors win total is 7. Ours is 9. We are the better team this year.

So by your logic, Texas had a better team than LSU last year because they had better odds?

Michigan always have Top10 preseason odds and they are a 9 win team...

So by your logic, Texas had a better team than LSU last year because they had better odds?

Michigan always have Top10 preseason odds and they are a 9 win team...
I think the odds are based upon the unknown quantity that Aranda is at head coach. It's entirely possible he's decent...but also entirely possible he's Basura. Honestly, how bare was the cupboard left from the previous coach?

Dude Baylor went 11-3 last year.
And that's all that matters. Of course, Baylor won 1 game in 2017. So if we strictly went by what teams did the previous season, Baylor should still be a 1 win team.

LOL at the sadsack nincompoops on here incapable of any sort of analysis or thinking.

CIS mongologic: Team A won 11 games in 2019. Team B won 6 games in 2019. Team A is automatically better than Team B in 2020.

Advertisement
And that's all that matters. Of course, Baylor won 1 game in 2017. So if we strictly went by what teams did the previous season, Baylor should still be a 1 win team.

LOL at the sadsack nincompoops on here incapable of any sort of analysis or thinking.

CIS mongologic: Team A won 11 games in 2019. Team B won 6 games in 2019. Team A is automatically better than Team B in 2020.
Your posts always brighten my day. Always so positive and touching.

Baylor the past decade has had TWO 10 win seasons and THREE 11 win seasons. Miami in the last decade has won 10 games ONCE.

While I definitely agree with you about how CIS porsters use logic, I would also say that a grad-transfer with 1 year to play may also view the comparative records in such a simplistic fashion as well. I want him to come to Miami, but he might think Baylor has a better chance to win more games.

Advertisement
Baylor in the last 3 years, which is a more relevant time frame, has a 1 win season, which Miami hasn't had since 1832.

While I definitely agree with you about how CIS porsters use logic, I would also say that a grad-transfer with 1 year to play may also view the comparative records in such a simplistic fashion as well. I want him to come to Miami, but he might think Baylor has a better chance to win more games.
He might think that. I don't know his thought processes. And he might just as easily think he can win more here if that's even his main reason for transferring. That wasn't the point of my post, as I have no way of knowing what he thinks or what is most important in his decision making process.

I laugh at the mongoloids who make it seem like Baylor is the better program based merely on the fact that they won more games than we did last year. That's as bereft of thought as it gets.

Baylor in the last 3 years, which is a more relevant time frame, has a 1 win season, which Miami hasn't had since 1832.

Ah, yes, 1832, when Dr. Thaddeus P. Fairfax-Guernsey was the UM President. Of course, you forget that we only played 2 games that year, against Rollins and Cumberland. We beat Rollins.

Advertisement
He might think that. I don't know his thought processes. And he might just as easily think he can win more here if that's even his main reason for transferring. That wasn't the point of my post, as I have no way of knowing what he thinks or what is most important in his decision making process.

I laugh at the mongoloids who make it seem like Baylor is the better program based merely on the fact that they won more games than we did last year. That's as bereft of thought as it gets.

Completely agree. I would imagine that both King and Williams want to get away from Holgorsen, and that whole "hey, why don't you redshirt 2019 so we can tank this year and win big in 2020" thing.

As for the choice of his next school, I think Williams has some good reasons to pick Miami and some good reasons to pick Houston.

Not for one minute of my life have I felt that Baylor is the better program, and I only grudgingly acknowledge (post-water-boarding) that they have ever had a better W-L record in any season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back