Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor (8).gif

Advertisement
Lets get this thread back on track.

Question. Why wouldn't he look at us as the perfect fit? He knows our QB and the way he plays. He has played in a system close to what we will run. We have almost the exact same weather as Houston. I guess I'm just reaching for anything to help our case.

For as much as our offensive line gets dogged, we did have a true freshman start at that position for a majority of last season and Campbell looked like he could be a solid replacement late. The amount of growth they experience going into year two is a real unknown. We also signed two legit, Top 250 LTs.

I’m not saying the dude is afraid of competition, but I wouldn’t call our situation ideal for anybody who’s got only one shot. He is going to face some legit competition.

Now if this had been last year...

I love my alma mater, but let's think about this for just a minute.

Williams knows our QB, but the OC calls the plays and the RBs run the ball. Maybe the system is similar, but there are no guarantees. OCs often switch things up depending on personnel. Did it look like Enos was running the same system last year that he used at Alabama the year before?

Outside of King, there are a lot more Texas kids at Houston, and even Williams' HS coach is at Houston as well.

Finally, Miami won the Portal Recruiting crown last year, and still finished 6-7. Where is the certainty that Miami has turned it all around, which is what a 1-year rental will be looking for?

I like Miami's chances, and I hope that we get Williams, but there is a lot to consider for a kid who has to make a 1-year money decision. Miami's had a number of grad-transfers over the last 4 years who haven't exactly elevated their draft positions.

I definitely think that F$U would be a poor choice for Williams, and while I believe that Miami is a better choice than Houston, he may be more comfortable with Houston's coaches/players/geography.
He’s already at Houston he would be transferring to either Baylor or Miami I don’t consider FSU still in this.

Advertisement
He’s already at Houston he would be transferring to either Baylor or Miami I don’t consider FSU still in this.

Yeah, that's my stupid mistake. Houston/Baylor, I was thinking about the geography (they are what, an hour apart?) and I screwed up the names of the schools.

I should have made the distinction more clear. Baylor has WAY MORE rapes. Stats matter.

Lets get this thread back on track.

Question. Why wouldn't he look at us as the perfect fit? He knows our QB and the way he plays. He has played in a system close to what we will run. We have almost the exact same weather as Houston. I guess I'm just reaching for anything to help our case.
It's the perfect fit. Add in: he gets to practice everyday against the #5 ranked DL in CFB, a probable top 10 pick in the draft, AAC player of the year, and the top ranked recruit from a couple years ago. King had to tell him our line was legit.

Advertisement
Nah, I'm 51, but I really don't know what I'm doing in the blunt regard. I just know I like them occasionally. I've got a few kids running around close now so normally I'm into a vaporizer or the concentrate pens for discreteness. I absolutely love the pens for that, can sneak a tap while they're in the next room and nobody is the wiser. Give me a recommendation on something I should try differently? Do they still have a good flavor?
I don't use vaps or pens! But try hightimes vegan cigars! its tobacco less but got plenty of flavors!

Advertisement
Is there even anything new pertaining to Williams? It just seems like we are waiting at this point. In the meantime, smoke if ya got'em!

Advertisement
Is there even anything new pertaining to Williams? It just seems like we are waiting at this point. In the meantime, smoke if ya got'em!

Nothing new.

Unless you want to believe all the reports that Williams has already silently committed to UM coaches, while not saying anything to the Baylor coaches, which includes his former HS coach.

But, hey, Dannyboycane is swearing that he has sauces.

Looks liked he's not making any public commitment until May 29th. That is what he told some Rivals reporters yesterday...

Just a few more days....

Nothing new.

Unless you want to believe all the reports that Williams has already silently committed to UM coaches, while not saying anything to the Baylor coaches, which includes his former HS coach.

But, hey, Dannyboycane is swearing that he has sauces.
DBC and his sources, gotta love it. Who are his sources anyway? My source is the internet which is pretty broad and not accurate most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back