Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hey I'm excited about 2020, but we're entering year 16 of our long national nightmare.

Excuse me if I go flying off the handle from time to time.
Not to digress too much. But, Paul (*******) Dee started our nightmare. He picked Coker. Or more accurate let the players pick Coker. Geeze scnellenberger, Johnson, Erickson, Davis all had this dynasty rolling. Then we get the lazy, fat attorney/AD who ruined it. Then to top it off he picked Shannon.

Advertisement
I was told a couple weeks ago it’ll be Baylor or UM ( I posted that ) and if we have a spot and want him he’ll choose UM. That’s all I know , I’m out of the loop big time.

Oh and supposedly OU was sniffing around and I guess they never pulled the trigger.

As I’ve said it seems like he’s been waiting on something , if it was Baylor you’d think he’d jumped already.
My guess is he wants to come here and is waiting to find out if there is room. If not, then I think you're right and he would already be at Baylor.

Advertisement
Any idea who else would be challenging for that spot? I wouldn't think it's Moise at this point.

They were waiting for more potential guys to hit the portal, but there was interest in the wr from North Texas but that died down. Walker falling in their lap kinda threw things off. I was told Williams wasn’t a take a couple weeks ago and the last thing I was told on that was” things changed”. I do know they passed on Tagalova. But like I said I’m out of the loop since the Tagalova stuff.

Advertisement
They were waiting for more potential guys to hit the portal, but there was interest in the wr from North Texas but that died down. Walker falling in their lap kinda threw things off. I was told Williams wasn’t a take a couple weeks ago and the last thing I was told on that was” things changed”. I do know they passed on Tagalova. But like I said I’m out of the loop since the Tagalova stuff.
Thanks for the info.

My guess is he wants to come here and is waiting to find out if there is room. If not, then I think you're right and he would already be at Baylor.

All signs would seem to indicate there is a blueshirt effort involved.

We don't have room under the 25 (see, generally, Willie Moise) and we do have room under the 85.

It's entirely possible that Williams started the grad school application process earlier than his football recruitment. If so, and if he expects to hear from grad admissions at UM, Baylor, Ole Miss, and/or F$U by May 29, then it makes sense. I don't think any of those schools will have a summer session, so assuming zero recruitment by UM, he could conceivably enroll for the fall, be awarded a scholarship one day later, and then use a 2021 IC slot, which is ONLY available to non-recruited players (thus, Walker and Moise would be ineligible to blueshirt).

I would imagine that we told Taulia to pay his way for one year, which pushed him to Maryland, 1000 miles away from his family.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back